is kaspersky a good internet security software?

Chr1sco14

i want to get a good internet security software and i was wondering if kaspersky is good

Kaspersky, is one of the best if not it, but as ive watched in time and from some videos, Avast and other internet security software will do just fine.

Groomlake Authority

Tssk, everyone knows Norton is the best Antivirus. Trust me, I'm an expert :lol:

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

I've only experienced bad things with Kaspersky. I personally use avast and it's great.

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Its good, but it has been known to give off false positives (actually about 2/7 times, according to av-test.org).

I still prefer Bitdefender + Malwarebytes.

I would say no.

The best ones are Bitdefender and Avast.

But I don't use either of them.

It's Windows Defender all the time. From 2010.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Kaspersky is one of the better paid ones.

But if you're going to pay for security software, I'd go with Malwarebytes Premium. If you're going free, I can vouch for Avira (but most of the big names are good enough).

The Cheap SFF Wonder -- Turning a Core 2 Duo SFF machine into a useful member of computer society!

i5 3570 -- AS.Rock Z77 Pro3 -- 12GB DDR3 -- R9 380X -- 840Evo 500GB/1TB HDD 

I speak the honest truth with a bit of snark mixed in. I'm sorry if it doesn't line up with your beliefs.

Anti virus does not do shit. dont waste your time, Just get malware bytes and use a sandboxed enviroment for your browser.

Good luck removing actual viruses with Malwarebytes.  It's called anti-malware for a reason and not anti-virus.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Good luck removing actual viruses with Malwarebytes.  It's called anti-malware for a reason and not anti-virus.

Good luck detecting viruses with anti-virus. They only detect 11-18% of all viruses. Go take a pen testing class, or look up information about how useless anti-virus really is. Norton, and Mcafee can do worse for your computer than viruses themselves.

Good luck detecting viruses with anti-virus. They only detect 11-18% of all viruses. Go take a pen testing class, or look up information about how useless anti-virus really is. Norton, and Mcafee can do worse for your computer than viruses themselves.

And anti-malware will detect 0%, your point being?

Everyone here is hating hard on Norton. AV test rates it in the top 4 with kaspersky, avira & Bit defender.

IMO Kaspersky is a pain, I've not used it for a while now. Last time I did it basically put your computer into a quarantine. Made everything slow as shit and wouldn't let you change anything. That being said like I mentioned before AV Test ranks it very highly now. So I would assuming they were just early issues. 
I'd say malwarebytes and Bit defender.

Or do what most lazy people do and leave it up to windows. As long as you're not a moron it seems to do the job fine.

And anti-malware will detect 0%, your point being?

You realise a virus is malware right?

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

nod32

/thread

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

i want to get a good internet security software and i was wondering if kaspersky is good

one of...if not the best...install it on all my clients pc's

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Everyone here is hating hard on Norton. AV test rates it in the top 4 with kaspersky, avira & Bit defender.

IMO Kaspersky is a pain, I've not used it for a while now. Last time I did it basically put your computer into a quarantine. Made everything slow as shit and wouldn't let you change anything. That being said like I mentioned before AV Test ranks it very highly now. So I would assuming they were just early issues. 

I'd say malwarebytes and Bit defender.

Or do what most lazy people do and leave it up to windows. As long as you're not a moron it seems to do the job fine.

You realise a virus is malware right?

Sure, by word definition it can be, but not the type that MWB detects or removes nor is it the widely used distinction between malware and virus in the tech world.

malware in the 90's and early 2000's was spyware/crapware...it wasn't what you would call a virus

these days its hard to tell the difference

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Sure, by word definition it can be, but not the type that MWB detects or removes nor is it the widely used distinction between malware and virus in the tech world.

malware in the 90's and early 2000's was spyware/crapware...it wasn't what you would call a virus

these days its hard to tell the difference

You guys obviously had a very different Tech education than I did. We were always taught that malware is any form of malicious software, and that many things including virus' were malware.

Also 0% is a bit harsh. It can, It's just not designed to.

The thing you seem to miss is that most "Malware" these days combines multiple different types from the Malware family.

So even if something contains a virus is may also contain something else.

There FAQ sums it up the best.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild".

This includes malicious programs and files, such as virus droppers, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. That being said, there are many infections that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does not detect or remove which any antivirus software will, such as file infectors.

It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Source

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

it works

kinda

but no

nothing is

norton is literally a virus

kaspersky is too

Sure Norton is a virus... It's an ANTI-VIRUS program...

Sure Norton is a virus... It's an ANTI-VIRUS program...

seriously?

its fucking useless

causes constant pop ups

and is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE

seriously?

its fucking useless

causes constant pop ups

and is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE

When was the last time you used it?

And no it only causes popups when it's not activated or if your License is less than 30 days valid.

Impossible to remove? Press uninstall?!

When was the last time you used it?

And no it only causes popups when it's not activated or if your License is less than 30 days valid.

Impossible to remove? Press uninstall?!

no uninstall button for most people