Tech Gifts for Non-techies Giveaway!

Saw the video had to post.

My dad passed away nearly 3 years ago and since then my mom hasn't upgraded her router since my dad was the tech guy for her. She is still using a dying DIR-655 router and desperately needs a new router as she has trouble accessing WiFi through her house. Id love to see her get an easy to set up and use router like the OnHub 

My Mom is what you wouldn't call non-tech savvy, just more outdated. She can proficiently code in HTML, CSS, Perl,Visual Basic and the occasional SQL or Java script, but cannot use an iPhone.  I want to get her an i5 laptop, so she can stick to what she loves to do.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-ProBook-6570b-Notebook-Refurbished/dp/B0192BZTR6/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449784852&sr=1-3&keywords=i5+laptop&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289793011%2Cp_n_size_browse-bin%3A2423841011%2Cp_n_condition-type%3A2224371011

I have tried many times to convert her to the wonderful world of desktops, but she wanted to keep the mobility of a laptop. Some of the VBA scripts she writes, especially when data harvesting (she uses it to grab stock numbers and prices) crashes and overheats a computer, even with included codes to clear temporary files. Giving her this would allow her to execute programs faster, without murdering her laptop. 

Thanks!

I would want to get a TV for my dad because he don't have one right now and he gets really bored and he doesn't have to have enough money to buy one.

http://www.amazon.com/Avera-40AER10-40-Inch-1080p-Model/dp/B013CQOSD8/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449785466&sr=1-2&keywords=tv&refinements=p_n_size_browse-bin%3A3578041011

Thank you for everything :D

I want to get my parents an VIZIO D39h-C0 39-Inch 720p LED TV (2015 Model).  The reason i'm getting this is because in my basement is where we watch movies because it is comfortable and nice down there, but the TV is a big box TV with an included VCR and DVD player. I also want to hook up a home theater system, but ill do that with my own money.( by my one money i mean my parents money). Here's the link VVVVV

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-D39h-C0-39-Inch-720p-Model/dp/B00SMBFF0O/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449784890&sr=1-6&refinements=p_36%3A20000-30000

Hope i win

I'd get my mom a new monitor. Her current monitor is about eight years old and was behind the times when it was bought. From time to time it completely freaks out and I don't think it will last much longer. It also turns out my mother has got issues with her back, so a monitor with adjustable height and pivot would be a godsend for her. 

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2414H-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B00GTV05XG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449785624&sr=1-2&keywords=dell+ultrasharp+u2515h

I would buy this:

http://www.amazon.com/WD-EX2100-Diskless-dual-core-processor/dp/B00SYL0UYS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449785985&sr=8-1&keywords=+WD+My+Cloud+EX2100+NAS+Enclosure+-+2+Bay

It would be for my mum so she can save documents for her work.

She carries a maximum of 2GB storage but she has to delete things regularly then ends up loosing all her documents and pictures

My grandpa has bad hearing and always wrecks our ears when he turns up the stock speakers of their TV when watching news or football. This would be perfect for him because he would hear everything crystal clear without having to wreck everyone's ears. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013WTCL5C/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?qid=1449738055&sr=8-10π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=Sound+bar

I would install a new graphics card to my brothers computer, because he is still running an HD6670 and complaining about bad framerates in FIFA16 even on low settings.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016LE95TK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1449785800&sr=8-3π=SY200_QL40&keywords=r9+380&dpPl=1&dpID=5120kTrn6bL&ref=plSrch

Did i got it right, that it's only one gift under $300?

If not this would be nice for him also:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I5VSWAQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1449786084&sr=8-2π=SX200_QL40&keywords=Cooler+Master+500&dpPl=1&dpID=41t%2Bz19rwPL&ref=plSrch

But it's fully optional as i'm not sure with the rules.

PC: R5 3600X | GTX 1070 | 16GB 3733MHz | Aorus X570 Elite | Corsair Air 540

Laptop: R7 4800H | RTX 2060 | 16GB 3200MHz

Server: R5 1600AF | 16GB 3200MHz | Aorus B450 M | 5 x 8TB RaidZ2 @ LSI 9211-8i

For a tech based gift for a non tech-savvy person an easy choice would be Sony's PlayStation 4. With its price being $299 even at Gamestop, it's a system that fits the budget and definitely shows what tech can do. With its high-res graphics and amazing overall quality both in game and not, it easily displays the capability of modern day technology. The content for the PS4 opens a door to almost endless imagination, from vast desolated post apocalyptic worlds to fictional alien planets where fights with laser blasters and men in white suits commence. From what we see in the future of PlayStation, there's even a game that will simulate the entire universe. To see these things commence on your screen, to have the power to make your dreams come to life, would indefinitely make a non tech-savvy person embrace the truth of what technology can really do. That is why I choose the Sony PlayStation 4 console as the perfect holiday gift to help non tech-savvy people experience what we geeks and nerds do on the daily :D

I would get the Amazon Echo for my wife. She always has her hands busy with our daughter, cooking, cleaning, and being awesome. She loves music, but right now she just uses the music on her phone. I know she would love it if she had a device that could turn on music when ever she wanted, as well as many other things. If I was able to get this for her, I would eventually purchase some of the smart light fixtures so that when she walked in the door, she could turn on any light in the house she wanted to. She's very hard working, but not a huge tech person like me, so something as automated as the Echo would be perfect.

http://amzn.com/B00X4WHP5E

It is currently listed as 179.99, so if it's possible to throw in some of the home automation switches, that would be awesome too. They are 36.98, so 3 could be purchased and the total would be $290.00.

I see the contest is for a gift, so I'm not sure if including the switches counts.

Thanks again for doing this contest guys!

This one is for my whole family, an OnHub router, we have a great internet connection but because of our crappy ISP provided router we can't even stream video from one device to another.

Hey guys, 

I'm going to start off with a little story for some background of my gift.

My name is Sean (Hi!). I'm a 15 year old who lives in Illinois and the it would be truly amazing if you guys would pick me. The gift is for my stepfather, Keith. Ever since I was five, when my parents divorced, my family of six (originally five) has been supported and loved by this man. We've had a lot of difficulty through the past ten years, with the decline in the economy, the death of my sister, and various struggles along the windy road of life. At first, I hated Keith. He was my worst enemy. Who was he to make me work around the house, help keep the walls up and the roof down? My brother, now off on his own adventure, made me hate him - all for nothing. I looked up to my brother because I though he was all I had. In the past few years, Keith and I have grown very close. I finally understood what an amazing person he was; How much he'd given up to keep us afloat and we owe our lives to him because of that. Times are hard and I'm young so I haven't been able to gather much of any funds for gifts to my family, but I'd absolutely love if Keith could get something he'd love and deserve. 

I'm not 100% sure what he'd like best. He enjoys gaming, has recently been talking about getting something that can play Netflix on our TV, he's always been a fan of good music so maybe some speakers or earbuds. I'll let you awesome people pick, as I'm sure you'd all have a better idea of what to get him.

Thanks a whole ton, guys. LTT has been my favorite YouTube channel ever since I discovered it about 9 months ago. Thanks for making awesome videos that keep informed and happy, you guys really have made an awesome contribution to my free time. 

And last of all, Merry Christmas, Haunika, or whatever else you may celebrate and happy new year.

Well, my mom isn't necessarily a techie..well..at all. She really needs to get to know more about technology since we are in that age. My mom plays her games like candy crush and all that on my sisters iPad, which, only for a little bit because my sister is always on it. The whole family kind of has their own devices like iPads, tablets, and PC's, but my mom just has here phone which is barely used. I think it would make her happy and get a bit more techie-er if she had her own proper device to play around with and do what ever. It would definitely make my life a lot easier. ;)

Instead of an iPad, though, I was thinking more of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7-Inch maybe with the pen since it's in your guys budget ($299 before sale ends and before tax and shipping) and has a wonderful, large screen and can pair up with her Galaxy phone. I think it would make her happy since she really doesn't have much tech stuff of her own, and something new and exciting would be great!

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-9-7-Inch-Tablet-Titanium/dp/B00WOZNZY2/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1449785066&sr=1-1&refinements=p_n_availability%3A1248800011%2Cp_74%3A10000-29999%2Cp_n_operating_system_browse-bin%3A3077590011%2Cp_89%3ASamsung

Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas and thank you LMG!

If I had $300.00 USD to use, I would build my mom a computer and preload it with a bunch of her favorite games, videos and music to listen to because a lot of her tech has been taking a crap on her lately and she doesn't have any source of entertainment and let's be honest, board games can only be replayed so many times before you go insane haha. I really appreciate the fact that you're doing this giveaway though, Merry Christmas, Linus! Can't wait to see what videos you have for the upcoming Holiday's this year. Plus a bonus is she could finally watch your videos to learn a thing or two about what's happening in the tech world so I don't have to tare my hair out trying to teach her! I hope that a "wish list" is acceptable on Amazon, it comes to just barley under $300.00 USD at the time of this post: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2XXO3CDKZ4VE/ref=cm_wl_huc_view I have some ram laying around that would work and a 1GB 7770 that should be perfect for her, she doesn't do anything super intensive so I see no problems with this build.

Processor: I7 4790k @ 4.6 ghz

Ram: 32 gb of Avexir DDR3 ram

GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9-390

PSU: 850w corsair RM series

CPU Cooler: H100i gtx

Case: Master case pro 5

Monitor: LG 29UM67P

My dad is awesome and really active, he loves running and hes already 65 years old, i would love to give him a Fitness watch like the Fitbit Surge Fitness Superwatch, because he gonna get a great use out of it, to track running sessions and keep heart rate in check.

http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Surge-Fitness-Superwatch-Black/dp/B00N2BWF6Q/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449787103&sr=1-10&keywords=fitness+watch

Thanks for the giveaway guys, keep up the good work