Am i just being a cynical brit?

thorpj
Go to solution Solved by Volbet,

I'm also using Chrome, but the video doesn't skip for me. 

Maybe it's because you have watched it before? It could also be becuase you watched it as part of a playlist.

Either way you should try clearing your cookies. That should fix it.

So i've been watching the sponsored starcraft 2 coop videos with Jessie Cox and Totalbiscuit.

With part 6, i've noticed that while using chrome (on both pc and phone), when opening the video, it skips to 0:09 seconds: right after the disclaimer that it's a sponsored ad.

I know that youtube may save your video position, but i haven't stopped the video at the 9th second. In fact i changed the video position before closing the video to see if it was this.

I tested this in firefox and it didn't happen.

Here's the link, please try it for yourself and let me know what happens for you: 

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Maybe it's because you have watched it before? It could also be becuase you watched it as part of a playlist.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Works fine for me, sometimes the save state on youtube is a bit buggy/ will add some time before hand so you can get back into the video and allow for buffering time

I highly doubt it is purposefully happening to hide the sponsor message!

Works fine for me, sometimes the save state on youtube is a bit buggy/ will add some time before hand so you can get back into the video and allow for buffering time

I highly doubt it is purposefully happening to hide the sponsor message!

Okay, that's good. I didn't want to believe it. This is Jessie and Totalbiscuit after all! 

But you've got to admit, it looked sus.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

the video position saving is less than reliable, it might as well be you clicked away the video at 25 seconds yesterday, and it remembered you being at 9 seconds.