Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 Giveaway

I'd hook this bad boy up to my TV and do some living room gaming.

Hi!!!

I would like to win it because i travel kind of a lot... my laptop is weak and it would be a nice rig to win and i could work when im not home.... (m laptop is too weak to work with)

Yeah i know its not thee best reason... but i could have a great rig abroad!!! :D

Great day to you all ;)

Vivat Nocte

Dear Zotac en Linus,

I'm looking for a small and fast gaming system for under my TV in my livingsroom so that i can enjoy watching movie's and play a game there If I feel like

So first of all nice vid, I liked the Teleprompter getaway :)

I currently own a Zotac ID-41 that I originally bought as a XMBC (now KODI) media pc. I just bought a new 4K TV and the Magnus supports that 4k@60Hz nicely so I could finally redo my Media PC. Also, the ID-41 with its atom processor is really aging, struggling with pretty much anything I throw at it nowadays. But that's not it. This is a very versatile box, with dual 1GB/S NICs. So here's another thing I would love to try to do with it: 

I currently own a Linksys E4200 and I have been experimenting with it quite a bit. My Fiber connection goes up to 400 mbps, and the stock firmware supports that nicely, but when flashed with dd-wrt my WAN speed dropped to 60mbps. Checking out your pf sense Video - I would like to see how pf-sense handles my connection and I can finally get some advance statistics on what is consuming bandwidth within my network - I'd love that! 

I also recently acquired a HP Gen8 Micro Server, unfortunately the lowest CPU - but I am using it as an ESXi box at the moment. vCenter, however, only starts making sense with two hosts, where you can vMotion VMs between hosts. I am hoping that both CPU's might have a close enough instruction set so that vMotion might be possible, and if not, oh well - I can use that beefy CPU to put my linux boxes to work and actually use my HP Gen 8 as a VM NAS. 

Last but not least, I currently own an outdated gaming rig featuring a 980x (what a beast!!) and only a 650Ti Boost. Looking at that graphic card an pretty potent CPU, I'd like to have a look at gaming performance between the two to finally get an Idea of my upgrade plan. 

Long story short, there are so many possibilities with this box (I know I used the ID-41 for a lot of different things) that I am defiantly not going to get bored with this beast. 

Also, I am a german living in Norway, I am sure you are have a quota of where to send your give aways. Two birds with one stone, if I get it, Norway and Germany, that's gotta count for something! 

I do a lot of tabletop rpgs (Star Wars Saga Edition, is the big one though) and me and my GM get pretty involved.  He likes to design all of the ships we use, we reference tons of archived source books and what we can't reference that way we have to look up online so we have a metric $#^%load of tabs open.  So like midway through our sessions I will have open on my laptop like 5 dwg files, 2-3 skp files, 15-25 pdfs, probably ten docx files including an anthology of rules i wrote that is over 20,000 KB, at least 5 xlsx files actively tracking combat stats, and about 20 internet tabs open at any given time.  Of course, all of that is punctuated by loud and boisterous arguments with my GM about the rules, but that is a different tangent!

Bottom line: my laptop isn't good enough, but i can't afford an ITX rig to carry around (also that would be a bit big for tabletop rpgs).  So, i want this gear so that i can definitively prove why my GM is wrong without my  computer crashing under the immense load of my totally unrealistic expectations for it.  And also to watch more Linus videos :)

How could I not be interested in this system? This system is extremely more powerful then the tower I currently am using for my work and leisure. It will give me the ability to work on a faster machine that would seem very capable to run a VM. Not only that, but it's extremely compact which would be great for when I'm required to be mobile. It's sleek look is something to show off, too. Thanks for the chance.

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

I would want one of these because of the size obviously. I want a tiny BUT still very capable gaming pc that I can take with me when I go somewhere. LAN parties, Hotels, etc.

it would finally clean up my cable management!! and allow me more space in my small room

I love the small and compact design of the Magnus, i love how small it is and how i could bring it anywhere is need be, thats why i would love to win it

The ZBOX is a small and very portable pc compared to any other pc with similar specs.

Probably won't win but here goes nothing.  The form factor really interests me.  I've been considering this or a NUC but since the Zotac Magnus has more graphics power, I'm definitely more interested in this.  The biggest drawback for me at the moment is cost.  I'm already running a 6600k, 980 TI for my main rig so this would be used for the home entertainment system.  So I'm still really justifying the cost to myself for this.  Thanks for holding a great giveaway!

I am at the college and my room is quite small. This ZOTAC mini pc will be great for me! Good luck everyone!

In the past I always had an issue with this. I am travelling very often and would like to attach this PC to a hotel tv for "mobile" gaming. The Magnus suits my need really well with it's desktop class GPU. I've looked into laptops, but the only Gaming capable units seem to be those $>2K Alienware monsters, which are too heavy and bulky to carry around and also way too expensive. Please make me happy with this unit since it is just the perfect thing for me.

Hello, I want the Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 because it is small enough to mount under a desk and can be brought on trips easily. ^_^

This'll make a BEAUTIFUL retro gaming\HTPC ! 
I'd love to take this bad boy home and go crazy with it!
:D  :D  :D 
-D

I would like this to be mine mine mine......................................................... i will conquer the world with this.....dont know how tho, but when linus gives it it wil come.

That is so great! I love the extremly small form factor, that makes it perfect for at lan machine/media center combo! :oD

It's small and I can take it anywhere, so it's ideal for me. Also it's better than my laptop :D

I never have won a giveaway, so i just try my luck once again wit ths awesome mini pc :)

what are the chances that this baby will be mine.. hmmm probably zero but anyways it's a cool product.. (*cries in corner with no money)

I would be interested in this box as a nice little portable LAN rig so I don't need to haul my gaming rig around to my friend's houses every few weeks

This would be a Big upgrade from my computer which is like 10 years old.

This'd be great for when going on holiday with the crazy relatives you see like once a year so you could stay out the way! xD That's defo what I'll do!