Witcher 3 vs Fallout 4

DannyDem

Yea no doubt I have not played a lot of F4 enough to judge it.... but I loved Fallout 3 because back then the engine was NEW... the previous ones were crappy 2D... ya know.  Was just a different game all together.

Coming into The Witcher 3 with no experience in that world I didn't like it at first but when the story-line really kicked in for me I really got addicted and I really enjoyed being Geralt as a character. Also... his choices made a difference in the actual ending of the story where as in F3, NV, and F4 I don't think choices made much difference. If I recall Fallout 3 ended depressing. The Witcher 3 has multiple endings which was very refreshing.

I feel that Fallout 4 deserved a NEW engine like The Witcher 3 did, but obviously that's not a valid point NOW... since they didn't. I do however think that for the next Fallout game, they NEED to rehaul the engine 100%. I loved how colorful the start of Fallout 4 is and it's sad they couldn't have kept a lot of that 50's look in the game... or at least I don't think they did. I'm not far into it yet. I might go play some now... give it some more time maybe.

Yea no doubt I have not played a lot of F4 enough to judge it.... but I loved Fallout 3 because back then the engine was NEW... the previous ones were crappy 2D... ya know.  Was just a different game all together.

Hold on now. Fallout 1 and 2 were not made on crappy 2D engine. They were well made and interesting CRPG-s of the time. And the engine in Fallout 3 was not new. It was the same that was used for Oblivion and Morrowind.

Even though it's not quite the fair comparison since we are talking about two different games as gameplay is concerned..... Yet I would personally go for Fallout because it gives me that feeling you get from a very good apocalypse game.... Many details and very smooth gameplay.... That does not mean that Witcher is not a very good game but personally does not appeal me as Fallout....

FO4 is getting better the more you come near the city.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Witcher 3 if you want a nice deep story with great visuals and if you like a fantasy setting. Fallout if you just want to roam around the map, shooting baddies, looting, etc.

Got Fallout 4 on launch and now almost 5 days of having it I already have 39 hrs. It's a cool game and it's my first Fallout however the main story is decent but nothing special and the sidequests are pretty much fetch quests or 90% of them are. Go here, kill these guys, return to report to the people that you killed them or something of that sort.

The crafting is nice and improving your settlement is surprisingly fun.

I wish there were more friendly places like Diamond City in the game. I would love it so much if Bethesda for once made a BIG city full of friendly NPCs and stuff to do in it. They didn't do it in Fallout 4 or in Skyrim sadly and I hated that. 

The gunplay is fun. Codsworth is a really useful companion to have he can be pretty strong against some enemies and you can leave ghouls,raiders all to him he can solo them ez.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Hold on now. Fallout 1 and 2 were not made on crappy 2D engine. They were well made and interesting CRPG-s of the time. And the engine in Fallout 3 was not new. It was the same that was used for Oblivion and Morrowind.

Yea, that's what I mean... It was new to Fallout... I know it was used before but for F4 I'd have liked to see a NEW engine like how The Witcher 3 updated their engine. I can't recall if The Witcher 1 and 2 had different engines, I think they did... each one was a HUGE upgrade unlike Fallout 3, Vegas and Fallout 4. I believe they could have done so..... but chose not to.... why... no clue.

Didnt like either but i prefer Witcher 3. Fallout games just are boring to me. Story is boring, game is not fluent like Witcher 3 is.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I love how for some reason people keep comparing Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, they're completely different games.

I played Witcher 3 for about 3-4 hours before getting bored. The game looks amazing, but the combat and story was just boring me to death and it had this huge open world that, to me, had nothing to do in.

I bought Fallout 4 at launch and have put almost 50 hours into it already over the course of 5 days(unlocked it early via VPN, thanks WTFast!). Gunplay is amazing, the changes they made to the game mechanics are great, and there's just so much shit to do in the game that I don't know what to do with.

Sooooo, Fallout 4 wins my GOTY title. Sure the graphics aren't amazing, but I've had literally no issues with the game except FPS drops in very dense areas, which will probably be fixed in the next AMD driver update. Either way it isn't going to stop me playing this game. Honestly expect me to have 100 hours before the end of next week. Oh and I haven't even finished the main story yet.

Ya its an awesome Game. Ridiculous what People complain about.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO