So this is weird...

A few days ago I started running into problems with Mozilla Firefox while playing planetside 2 and watching the WAN Show. My computer completely froze and linus and slick's voices eeked on with a slow eerie digitized drawl. Then I restarted and had the same issue. Then it crashed my comuter a few days later. I had to reinstall windows. But now apparently I can play games up here like Planetside 2 on ULTRA. But not watch a youtube video. What do you think the issue could be? Thanks for the help.

I have 16 GBs.

And an i5-3570k with a GTX 660 Ti on a B75 motherboard. With a 240 GB Sandisk Ultra SSD.

Yes it never exceeds 2.5 GBS while watching youtube videos. Nor 5GB while playing planetside and Firefox in tandem.

What could be the issue? Firefox+flash+hardware acceleration.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I turned it off, and plus i had been using chrome for a while without flash installed using HTML5 for the video player.

Happens to me when the cpu usage reaches max. Could also he other components on your motherboard interfering with the sound chip.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

So your think i should replace my motherboard. Because it doesn't seem to be a virus?!

What should I do guys?

So your think i should replace my motherboard. Because it doesn't seem to be a virus?!

Worth a shot, maybe a change of chipset as well (mainstream < performance)(Z77) Yeah its a bit pricier but there are good boards out there under $180ish

Reinstalling Windows is equivalent to nuking a wasp, so it has to be hardware related. Maybe, maybe it could be a max load issue related to the BIOs? Many possibilities. No worries, there are also many solutions :)  

For now, save up for a new motherboard, thats your best option. And hey, maybe just waiting a few days will clear it up! (computers can be fussy!)

You could also try clearing CMOS (re set BIOs)

sysloc

Well I really need something specific. If I were to get a new motherboard would I need to reinstall windows and if so, how would I do so?

You reinstalled Windows once already haven't you? How did you do that?

sysloc

Also, what is the specific exact model motherboard you are using?

sysloc

I'm using a Pro3 Asrock B75 motherboard and I just booted from it and reinstalled then deleted windows.old.

Are you still having the same issues? I must also agree with marto, Planetside could really use some clean up

sysloc

Slightly related, I get a random issue where if I have Minecraft open (through Minecraft itself, Feed The Beast or with Multi-MC) and start watching youtube videos, approximately half the videos when starting will crash both Adobe Flash player and Minecraft. It's very odd since if the video is running and I load MC, it's fine. Sometimes, I can load a video and it won't cause any issues and sometimes I will load a video and it just insta-kills MC and Flash.

Could be a similar thing causing this, similar issue you're having. I've no idea what's causing it though I guess it's just some bug with Crossfire, Eyefinity, Java and Flash.

Not at all. Planetside 2 has been greatly optimized since its release, I've gotten at least 15-20fps more in that game. The only time that I have issues is when I have youtube open and playing a video. And Adobe just doesn't crash, my computer completely freezes up and I have to shut down hard. Again, do you think it could be my motherboard?

Umm so you have issues playing a game ans watching a video at the same time. That doesnt surprise me one bit especially if your aying planetside fullscreen.

Do you hear audio clipping?, if so then maybe get a sound card I had the same issue except it was playing ANY game like minecraft, TF2, and planetside 2. Get a cheap one I got a SB Recon 3D It's really nice :3

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

Please read all of my post... it happens WHENEVER I open a youtube video at ANY TIME. No matter what else is running. I have the latest quad core i5 from intel and a GTX 660 Ti with 16GB of ram, that ISN'T the issue i have done this before in the past, for almost a year now, it's JUST begginning to have issues. What do you think it could be?

It could be driver (if you updated in the meantime), it could be flash player (it updates itself automatically  if you don't specify otherwise).

After i updated GPU driver, flash player started to crash randomly, not so often, it do not freeze computer or anything, just put some sad face on my screen with message "flash player is crashed" or something like that, so it can be co-relation with flash player and driver.

Flash player is mess anyway, try to change driver first, then older version of flash player. For me, it seems like a software error, but i can't help you, since i don't have a clue what you installed on your PC etc.

So, I found out the problem. A week ago a company based out of India got into my computer while I was sleeping and downloaded a faux Alureon virus on my computer. It caused all of the symptoms that I had outlined above. They called me "conveniently" today to check up on the problem. I had no fucking idea who they were. They then proceeded to try and extort me for $280!!! I told them that I knew what they were doing and I was going to call the police and Microsoft Corp. they immediately hung up and all of my problems went away. I then went to Microsoft and they did a free scan and removed it. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! DON"T fall for this guys. 

If anyone tells me that there's a problem with my computer, I just tell them that I'm an expert computer technician in a big company and question if they really think if something's wrong. Often, they just hang up and say 'sorry for wasting your time'. The other option is that I just hang up as soon as they say anything about computers. And I hate to be racist, but if an Indian speaks when I answer the phone... I'm gonna put the phone back down pretty quickly.