So this is weird...

So, I found out the problem. A week ago a company based out of India got into my computer while I was sleeping and downloaded a faux Alureon virus on my computer. It caused all of the symptoms that I had outlined above. They called me "conveniently" today to check up on the problem. I had no fucking idea who they were. They then proceeded to try and extort me for $280!!! I told them that I knew what they were doing and I was going to call the police and Microsoft Corp. they immediately hung up and all of my problems went away. I then went to Microsoft and they did a free scan and removed it. I feel SO MUCH BETTER!!! DON"T fall for this guys. 

How they even got access to your computer, that is the question. I think there is a law for those agencies who call and disturb you at home, if there isn't there sure should be, I'm kinda sick of it and instantly rude to them (they never calla gain hopefully).

If anyone tells me that there's a problem with my computer, I just tell them that I'm an expert computer technician in a big company and question if they really think if something's wrong. Often, they just hang up and say 'sorry for wasting your time'. The other option is that I just hang up as soon as they say anything about computers. And I hate to be racist, but if an Indian speaks when I answer the phone... I'm gonna put the phone back down pretty quickly.

What if it's your doctor who happens to be Indian?

If anyone tells me that there's a problem with my computer, I just tell them that I'm an expert computer technician in a big company and question if they really think if something's wrong. Often, they just hang up and say 'sorry for wasting your time'. The other option is that I just hang up as soon as they say anything about computers. And I hate to be racist, but if an Indian speaks when I answer the phone... I'm gonna put the phone back down pretty quickly.

I just tell them that I don't own a computer :D

GW2: Vettexl.9726

I live in a place where all the doctors are local. Having said that, if my doctor was Indian, I'd bet they'd be on a better phone line and I'd also recognise their voice.