VG248QE Tell me everything I need to know about it

FruitBasketSilex

And prices always change on amazon

If you were to buy the Asus and complain about it in the future then whatever.

Just saying get the better monitor that you will like in the future.

But whatever it's your choice anyway, we don't control people's lifes.

Hey man, I'm sure I'll be plenty satisfied with the Asus. I'm not saying the BenQ one sucks, I like BenQ. I just can't justify the effect of that much more money, even if it's only 30-40$. I'm sure the BenQ is better, but I'm also sure I'll enjoy the experience the Asus one gives me enough to feel satisfied with my purchase.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

The PWM on the VG248QE can strain your eyes....

I've never had a problem with eye strain, so I'll be fine. Like, litteraly never.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Hey man, I'm sure I'll be plenty satisfied with the Asus. I'm not saying the BenQ one sucks, I like BenQ. I just can't justify the effect of that much more money, even if it's only 30-40$. I'm sure the BenQ is better, but I'm also sure I'll enjoy the experience the Asus one gives me enough to feel satisfied with my purchase.

And once the you feel the flicker coming...

It may cause eye strain but everybody is different so can't really argue with that.

The PWM on the VG248QE can strain your eyes....

Right... something clearly a lot of people are effected by, NO a LOT of people own the monitor, including myself, and have never experienced "straining on their eyes".

And once the you feel the flicker coming...

It may cause eye strain but everybody is different so can't really argue with that.

All I'm saying: I have never had a problem with eye strain. If I do, I guess I'll send the monitor back, wait for my next paycheck for a little extra money, buy that BenQ, and tell you you're right. If not, as is likely to happen, I won't have a problem and I'll enjoy the monitor.

You're acting like its the end of the world that I'm getting the Asus. I CAN return something should I find a problem with it.

Spoiler

Right... something clearly a lot of people are effected by, NO a LOT of people own the monitor, including myself, and have never experienced "straining on my eyes".

I said can, and everybody is different so you can't argue against that.

That's like saying i have 15 lab rats that would prove my test results which would set the result for this thing.

Do we really have to argue about this, i just said you can get eye strain but everybody is different so results may vary. 

I said can, and everybody is different so you can't argue against that.

That's like saying i have 15 lab rats that would prove my test results which would set the result for this thing.

Do we really have to argue about this, i just said you can get eye strain but everybody is different so results may vary.

Calm down bud. We're all friends here.

Spoiler

All I'm saying: I have never had a problem with eye strain. If I do, I guess I'll send the monitor back, wait for my next paycheck for a little extra money, buy that BenQ, and tell you you're right. If not, as is likely to happen, I won't have a problem and I'll enjoy the monitor.

You're acting like its the end of the world that I'm getting the Asus. I CAN return something should I find a problem with it.

I'm just saying sure you may/can get eye strain, but everybody is different so i can't really argue with that. 

That's like arguing subjective opinions. 

Calm down bud. We're all friends here.

In the end i'm just saying the BenQ is better, but the Asus can/may give you eye strain but everybody is different so they might not get it or not.

I'm just saying sure you may/can get eye strain, but everybody is different so i can't really argue with that.

That's like arguing subjective opinions.

And all I'm saying is that should I encounter that problem, I'll go ahead and return the monitor and defer to your reccomendation of the BenQ.

:/

Spoiler

And all I'm saying is that should I encounter that problem, I'll go ahead and return the monitor and defer to your reccomendation of the BenQ.

:/

Your choice, but everybody is different either way so you can't really argue with that. 

Your choice, but everybody is different either way so you can't really argue with that.

I'm litteraly just agreeing with you.

If I wasn't restricted by budget, I'd be going BenQ.

Spoiler

I'm litteraly just agreeing with you.

If I wasn't restricted by budget, I'd be going BenQ.

TL:DR

BenQ is better, but it's your choice and we can't argue about that.

It will just end up in disaster if this thing/war happens on. 

TL:DR

BenQ is better, but it's your choice and we can't argue about that.

It will just end up in disaster if this thing/war happens on.

:|

Are you entirely unaware of the fact that I KNOW and AGREE with you that the BenQ is better?

The ONLY reason I'm choosing Asus, is because its comparable, but within budget.

Spoiler

Too expensive.

The Benq is only $40 more expensive.

How is that too expensive?

And the PWM issue with the Asus is irrelevant now.  It was only bad in OLD versions of the VG248QE, which was only exceeed by OLD versions of the XL2411T ! (which used 180 hz pwm .  Yes HERTZ).  I think the old VG248QE's used 240 hz pwm.

the newer VG248QE's used something much much faster, like 480 or 960 *kHz* pwm.  They are to every extent, flicker free as no one can detect that type of PWM.

Tight budget. I've got rent to pay, and groceries to buy. You want to send me 40$, I'll go buy the BenQ. I'm cutting it close as is.

Spoiler

:|

Are you entirely unaware of the fact that I KNOW and AGREE with you that the BenQ is better?

The ONLY reason I'm choosing Asus, is because its comparable, but within budget.

Yeah ik, but seems like i'm just blabbering about non sense now. 

Well everybody has a different value sense of money...

That's fine.  Just the monitor is the most important part of any computer purchase, so its best not to skimp on that.  And your eyes will thank you for it.

Unfortunately, panel lotteries seem to be ruling the day....

The VG248QE displays washed out colours out of the box, but there's a fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3c8fpi/the_old_thread_for_just_bought_a_glorious_asus/

Follow PC Monitors' OSD Settings for the monitor, then install the PC Monitors' ICC profile for AMD cards.

Alright.

Spoiler