A required CD/DVD device driver is missing, usb installation........

X1XNobleX1X

Hello guys,

I need your help, I have been trying to find a solution to this issue for about 5-6 Hours now without any luck.

When trying to install Windows 7 onto a new computer that I have built It says "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

I have read numerous forum posts about this issue, with solutions consisting of, making sure the USB is in a USB 2.0 port, Re-burning the ISO onto a USB, disable other boot devices, trying a DVD instead of disk, using different ISOs.  None have worked, and  I'm getting frustrated. I have tried Windows 10, and that seems to work, but I need Windows 7.

While trying to browse for other USB drives to find the Intel AHCI driver, it cannot be found in the list only (X) boot is available.

4ea0342467d557.79186397.jpg

Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte b150m-d3h

CPU: I5 6400

Memory - G-SKILL DDR4 2400.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5516#dl

Go here, choose your windows operating system, then download: 

Intel INF installation

And 

Intel SATA Preinstall driver

(For AHCI / RAID Mode)

Note: Windows setup to read from USB thumb drive.

Put that in a folder on the usb drive, and then in the installation screen, when you come to the screen shown in your screenshot, click browse, go to the INF files for both and install them and see if that helps. Make sure you unzip them first when you put them on the usb. Also make sure you put them in a folder, as it will be difficult to find amongst the setup files. 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Post back and say if it works or not, to help you further if needed :)

and also.. 

not_even_russian_can_compete_with_strali

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

• 1 year later...

This was the solution I was searching for my particular board and usb stick... thank you -.-

• 1 year later...

I am also working on the same issue at the moment.

However my mobo is a Gigabyte Z370p D3.

For this mobo the two above mentioned files are not available for download for win 7 64b

Any suggestions?