Nextbit: Robin, The Smarter Smartphone. (From former Google, HTC Execs etc)

SirNumbers

We’re Nextbit. We made a smartphone that brings the power of the cloud to everyone with an integrated cloud OS. We made it because we’re tired of waiting on others. Because we believe in a cloud-first future. And because no one else was making the phone we wanted. This is the phone we want, and we think you’ll want it too. Smarter. Powerful. Bold. And, direct to you. Now we need your help. Back us to help make next a reality now.

Well its a smartphone that has extra storage in the cloud probably better implemented. 

post-14596-0-85996800-1441208234_thumb.p

post-14596-0-33934200-1441208246.png

And it got funded 600,000 dollars in two days so 

It seems interesting since its only 299 on kickstarter right now. But it looks to much like dipping dots

post-14596-0-86690900-1441208366_thumb.p

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nextbit/robin-the-smarter-smartphone/updates 

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

were is the source? can you link the kickstarter page.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

were is the source? can you link the kickstarter page.

Sorry bout that

as soon as i hear the word cloud i just tune out

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Repost.

Be useful and link it

Be useful and link it

Stop being lazy and find it, your repost your problem.

Was looking at this and the specs are actually pretty decent for the (Kickstarter) price.

>Butt

Noooothank  you.

I don't want to be hounded by T-Mobile because I used up all of my unlimited data, nor do I want to eat up all of my precious 2 gigs of data from Verizon listening to my music instead of looking at cat gifs.

I'll stick to my 64 gig internal storage + 64 gig sd card.

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

Wow, you're not very nice. It's in the rules that if you think something is a repost, you have to post the link to the original post. Ever heard of the burden of proof? You make the claims, you prove it.

What Should or Can I Report?

Any content that is a violation the Code of Conduct should be reported. Please add details when filing reports, as things are not always absolutely black and white.

New Threads that are in the wrong section. Please also indicate the section you feel it should be moved to.

When reporting a re-post (News section, etc.) please also include a link to the original post.

Your own content that you want to have removed or moved (double posts, thread in wrong section, etc.). NOTE: You will not be assessed move points if you request your own thread to be moved to a different section if you think you've created it in the wrong one.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

They had me loose interest when they said cloud. Not everyone has an available 70€/month for an unlimited dataplan.

I guess they still have the 32Gb for local storage, but if the cloud is used for some of the main features (idk if is it) then what's the point? And even then, what if I go on holiday to another country?

For me, the only time cloud will become a viable solution is in 2017?-ish, when the EU does away with roaming charges.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

its not very helpful or constructive to say repost without a link, its more annoying and spam like

Anyways Sounds interesting But the industry Is saturated

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Drop the attitude and read the stickies.

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum-13/announcement-5-when-reporting-a-duplicate-post-please-link-the-original-as-well/

You call repost, you link the original, easy as that.  If you're too lazy for that, don't bother posting.

3ce25317dbb77b553c7ecbfae305f124_origina

Holy shit Turbo Yoda's twin?!

Phone looks super sexy but i don't think i'd trust the cloud with my photo's especially after the icloud "hack".

More saturation for the already fragmented Android ecosystem, awesome.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.