Noctua NH-D15S VS Noctua NH-D15

danielhowk

Which is better ? in terms of performance . and noctua NH-D15 is the best air cooler available right ?

Which is better ? in terms of performance . and noctua NH-D15 is the best air cooler available right ?

Probably identical, the only difference is that the cooler is offset to make room for GPUs

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

From what I know (or think I know) the S has an asymmetrical desgin, so it has more clearance over your RAM slots and PCI lanes.

But it also only has a single fan layout.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They're the same heatsink but the -S is offset to not block the motherboard and has only one fan as opposed to two.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So the normal NH-D15 would perform better for the dual fan setup, but be less compatible with systems that need that clearance.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

How much is the S going for? I'm looking to build a Z170 mATX build using an Asus Gene and it's compatible.

Which fan should i add to Noctua D-15S 

so that it be dual fans ? it seems like they dont sell the fan given by Noctua D-15s ?

Which fan should i add to Noctua D-15S 

so that it be dual fans ? it seems like they dont sell the fan given by Noctua D-15s ?

http://noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=54&lng=de

Noctua NF-A15 is the fan included with NH-D15

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

Yes, the fans that come with the coolers are 1500rpm and the retail version is 1200rpm. It won't make much of a difference whether the front fan runs at 1200 or 1500 as long as the central fan runs at 1500rpm though, so D15S + A15 (1200rpm) will perform almost the same as D15.

Yes, the fans that come with the coolers are 1500rpm and the retail version is 1200rpm. It won't make much of a difference whether the front fan runs at 1200 or 1500 as long as the central fan runs at 1500rpm though, so D15S + A15 (1200rpm) will perform almost the same as D15.

I get a max of 1320 RPM with my ASrock board and a NH-D15 mounted... Read by the ASrock Tools

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

so put the 1500 rpm in the center between the two fins? and 1200 rpm ones at the front or back right? 

Yes, 1500 in the center, definitely put the second fan on the front though, back won't do much good!

I get a max of 1320 RPM with my ASrock board and a NH-D15 mounted... Read by the ASrock Tools

Probably not running at 100% PWM / 12V then!

No the best air Cooler is the cryorig r1 ultimate, but they're very close, within 1-2c

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

No the best air Cooler is the cryorig r1 ultimate, but they're very close, within 1-2c

The best performing air cooler is the Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme. http://www.cnews.cz/recenze/cryorig-r1-ultimate-vs-thermalright-silver-arrow-ib-e-finale-ms-v-chladeni-cpu/strana/0/8

For the performance/noise as well as being a top performer, the NH-D15 is the best. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Probably not running at 100% PWM / 12V then!

We still don't know whether Noctua put some retail fans in or not - so - everything is okay at my side...

so put the 1500 rpm in the center between the two fins? and 1200 rpm ones at the front or back right? 

The fans come with low noise adapters. Use one on the 1500rpm variant to lower the upper limit to 1200rpm so they run at the same speed.

You shouldn't need to run the fans at the max rpm for the most part. I optimally run my Noctuas at < 300rpm.  

is it fine that the middle is 1500 rpm and the front/back at 1200 rpm ?

Basically the S is in case you can't fit the NH-D15. Also, CRYORIG R1 Ultimate outperforms the NH-D15 SLIGHTLY in some tests, and looks amazing. 

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

It's fine but I don't see why you wouldn't run them at the same speed since the low noise adapter is already included. 

Yes! Much quieter than 1500/1500 and almost the same temps.