YouTube to remove free videos if creators don't publish them to the subscription based platform too.

Wauthar

Youtube is going down because of stupidity.

Instead of blocking AdBlock or any form of ad blocking and making better ads for specific region of the viewer they go full retard instead and remove vids.

So sad when the solutions are so obvious yet they got this atitude "donate all your wallet or gtfo we close services", so stupid.

Youtube is going down because of stupidity.

Instead of blocking AdBlock or any form of ad blocking and making better ads for specific region of the viewer they go full retard instead and remove vids.

So sad when the solutions are so obvious yet they got this atitude "donate all your wallet or gtfo we close services", so stupid.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but where did you get the idea that it was "donate all your wallet or gtfo we close services"?

Free, ad-supported videos will remain. If that's how you watch youtube, then LITERALLY NOTHING AT ALL WILL CHANGE FOR YOU. It will be exactly the same as it is today, as it was last week, last month, etc.

What Google is doing only ensures that those who decide they want an ad-free experience, can subscribe (if they decide the cost is worth the value) and STILL HAVE ACCESS TO ALL VIDEOS.

I know that if I subscribed, I would be fucking furious if not all videos were available in ad-free viewing.

The only question, is whether Channel Partners will get paid the same (or more, or less) per view, when viewing ad-supported vs subscribed. They haven't released any details yet on what each content creator will get paid for subscriber views.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

HAHAHAHA. Good luck with that Google. Just try to fucking do that see what happens your asses are going to get so much goddamn backlash it isn't even going to be funny. Hahaha dumbshits showing us that money is what truly makes the world spin around. Simply have something like twitch where we can donate to the people we want to subscribe.

This whole entire website was based on  FREE video sharing website because no such website existed back then. Don't change shit that isn't broken.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

HAHAHAHA. Good luck with that Google. Just try to fucking do that see what happens your asses are going to get so much goddamn backlash it isn't even going to be funny. Hahaha dumbshits showing us that money is what truly makes the world spin around. Simply have something like twitch where we can donate to the people we want to subscribe.

This whole entire website was based on  FREE video sharing website because no such website existed back then. Don't change shit that isn't broken.

But shit IS broken. The prevalence of AdBlock among the more technical savvy is evidence of that. Ad providers are paying out lower and lower CPM's because of AdBlock programs.

Furthermore, free videos aren't going anywhere. Why do you care at all that they are introducing a paid service? Just don't use it. Period. The end. Continue to watch ad-supported free videos, and your life will continue, exactly as it was before.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wait, so I'll have to pay to upload my fucking videos?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Wait, so I'll have to pay to upload my fucking videos?

Err no.

Not at all.

If you're a channel partner, you will continue to upload videos for free. However, you must upload your video to both the Free ad-supported (normal) service, as well as the paid subscription service.

What this means is that if a person decides to subscribe to YouTube's ad-free subscription service, your video will still be available to them.

But shit IS broken. The prevalence of AdBlock among the more technical savvy is evidence of that. Ad providers are paying out lower and lower CPM's because of AdBlock programs.

Furthermore, free videos aren't going anywhere. Why do you care at all that they are introducing a paid service? Just don't use it. Period. The end. Continue to watch ad-supported free videos, and your life will continue, exactly as it was before.

I upload my videos WITHOUT monitization from ads (so if ads show they aren't there by my choice) and I don't want people to have to pay to view my stuff or subscribe to my channel.

This move by Google pisses off folks like myself who do NOT want paid subscriptions forced for their channel and do NOT want our videos to be put behind a paywall of ANY kind (this "All your videos must be available to paid subscribers, including those which you'd otherwise put out for the non-paying viewers without monitization." bullshit).

I upload my videos WITHOUT monitization from ads (so if ads show they aren't there by my choice) and I don't want people to have to pay to view my stuff or subscribe to my channel.

This move by Google pisses off folks like myself who do NOT want paid subscriptions forced for their channel and do NOT want our videos to be put behind a paywall of ANY kind (this "All your videos must be available to paid subscribers, including those which you'd otherwise put out for the non-paying viewers without monitization." bullshit).

So your problem is purely an ethical personal viewpoint of having videos accessed for free?

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Your videos will still be available for free, under the ad-supported model (which, if you've disabled ads on your videos, makes them ad-free) - which is exactly as it is now.

You'd really prevent other people from watching your videos simply because of your personal viewpoint? You'd segregate those viewers who don't want to view ads on the site in general?

I don't see the issue, really. Your video isn't being out behind a paywall, since it's still available for free for all to watch. What you're basically saying is that if someone decides to pay for ad-free subscription, they're not good enough for your videos?

So your problem is purely an ethical personal viewpoint of having videos accessed for free?

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Your videos will still be available for free, under the ad-supported model (which, if you've disabled ads on your videos, makes them ad-free) - which is exactly as it is now.

You'd really prevent other people from watching your videos simply because of your personal viewpoint? You'd segregate those viewers who don't want to view ads on the site in general?

I don't see the issue, really. Your video isn't being out behind a paywall, since it's still available for free for all to watch. What you're basically saying is that if someone decides to pay for ad-free subscription, they're not good enough for your videos?

Just give up. They aren't going to understand no matter how much you say it. People here just love to complain, which is why they only read the title and make threads with these misleading titles.

Just give up. They aren't going to understand no matter how much you say it. People here just love to complain, which is why they only read the title and make threads with these misleading titles.

*sigh*

I know. People are either straight up not reading the OP (omg they're gonna make me pay to upload?) or (So all the videos are paid only?), or they read it and make up some negative that doesn't necessarily even exist (So content creators will be paid less for subscriptions? EVIL!)

Honestly, I say good on you Google. They're preventing fragmentation of the community. If someone subscribes because they don't want to watch ads on any videos, they should damn well get full access to the catalog. Especially the videos that don't run ads anyway, since the creator isn't losing anything in that case.

Sure there could be issues with the specific CPM that YouTube pays out for subscriber views, but that's 100% speculation.

Actually, nevermind. I'll bite and explain it to you like a baby.

Okay, first of all: This doesn't affect you at all. You're not a YouTube partner.

Now, let's pretend that you are a partner and that the subscription service has been launched. Now, let's say that you have a vid which is set to be both ad-free for paid subs and ad-supported for free users. Here's what happens:

Free users: can watch with ads.

Paid subs: can watch ad-free

Now, let's say that you have a vid which isn't set to be ad-free on the paid subscription platform. This means that (excluding ad blockers) ads must be watched if someone views the video. However, people are paying to not have to see those ads, and won't be happy if they have to watch a video with ads that they've paid to not have to see. Thus:

Free users: can watch with ads

Paid subs: cannot watch the video at all

Now, this is a problem. As a result, rather than having paid users have to watch the ads, YouTube/Google decided that all videos must support the paid subscription platform, but they do not need to be locked to it. This move is just to make sure that people aren't paying money to lose access to certain videos. Get it?

Actually, nevermind. I'll bite and explain it to you like a baby.

Okay, first of all: This doesn't affect you at all. You're not a YouTube partner.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's pretend that you are a partner and that the subscription service has been launched. Now, let's say that you have a vid which is set to be both ad-free for paid subs and ad-supported for free users. Here's what happens:

And there's the first mistake you've made (besides being a dick and trying to belittle me) - Assuming something without bothering to ask in the first placed. I AM a Youtube Partner who's disabled monitization on all my videos because over the 7 (nearly 8) years I've been on YT I've not seen a single red cent out of Google and it's not worth the hassle of trying to wring anything out of them.

Want proof of being a YT Partner? BAM (things have been blanked for PRIVACY reasons).

And there's the first mistake you've made (besides being a dick and trying to belittle me) - Assuming something without bothering to ask in the first placed. I AM a Youtube Partner who's disabled monitization on all my videos because over the 7 (nearly 8) years I've been on YT I've not seen a single red cent out of Google and it's not worth the hassle of trying to wring anything out of them.

Want proof of being a YT Partner? BAM (things have been blanked for PRIVACY reasons).

So you're a partner. So you want to prevent people from watching your videos? I simply don't understand your position. It feels like fake moral outrage from a lack of understanding the situation. I may very well be wrong, but this is the impression I'm getting here.

I repeat, your videos are NOT BEHIND A PAYWALL. It just means that those who choose to subscribe will also continue to be able to watch your videos. Why would you possibly want to deny them watching your videos anyway? It literally just will not affect you.

Okay, then ignore the first part. That doesn't change anything about the rest of my post. 

Also, I wasn't belittling you; you clearly don't understand things if unless they're explained carefully to you. You have been told multiple times that everyone will still have access to your videos, yet you just don't seem to get it. If you still don't, I'm not going to bother anymore.

To be honest I am starting to get tired of how youtube is run.  I don't mind watching ads to pay for the content/service, but when the content I want slowly ends up only on the paid side (when they will inevitably introduce ads their too, just look at cable tv services) is going too far.

Not only that but a little categorization with blocking controls for parents wouldn't go astray.   Let's be honest, you tube is full of content made for small kids, minecraft, lets play's, nerf war stuff.  Much of it is also made by kids which in itself is an awesome service and should be encouraged.  However when soft pron, people having their heads cut off with chainsaws and excessive swearing comes up in the recommended videos, parents are left with two options, 1. only let their kids on when they are able to sit beside them (which will cripple developing independent personalities) or 2. ban youtube.    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Err no.

Not at all.

If you're a channel partner, you will continue to upload videos for free. However, you must upload your video to both the Free ad-supported (normal) service, as well as the paid subscription service.

What this means is that if a person decides to subscribe to YouTube's ad-free subscription service, your video will still be available to them.

So if I am partnered through someone like Freedom! (which I am) then I'm in the clear?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So if I am partnered through someone like Freedom! (which I am) then I'm in the clear?

I really don't understand why so many of you are so confused by this, even when you're told exactly what the situation is. See my previous post:

Now, let's pretend that the subscription service has been launched. Now, let's say that you have a vid which is set to be both ad-free for paid subs and ad-supported for free users. Here's what happens:

Free users: can watch with ads.

Paid subs: can watch ad-free

Now, let's say that you have a vid which isn't set to be ad-free on the paid subscription platform. This means that (excluding ad blockers) ads must be watched if someone views the video. However, people are paying to not have to see those ads, and won't be happy if they have to watch a video with ads that they've paid to not have to see. Thus:

Free users: can watch with ads

Paid subs: cannot watch the video at all

Now, this is a problem. As a result, rather than having paid users have to watch the ads, YouTube/Google decided that all videos must support the paid subscription platform, but they do not need to be locked to it. This move is just to make sure that people aren't paying money to lose access to certain videos. Get it?

Nobody has to pay to upload anything.

I really don't understand why so many of you are so confused by this, even when you're told exactly what the situation is. See my previous post:

Nobody has to pay to upload anything.

Maybe some of us can't comprehend things well on 3 hours of sleep. :mellow: If you have a problem with that and my comprehension skills right now, let me redirect your face towards my posterior.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

its just a device to relay the concept of an idea. I've thrown pseudo code out before that had around 10 lines in it just to give a better idea of something I was talking about that ended up being around 800 once actually coded.

no problem I understand the concept ^^ it's a mean to communicate easily