So I have a 4k monitor in the house...

Cacao

I can't believe some of the people here. Someone gets something nice and people are saying it's a waste of money or your parents bought it. Who cares. 

It's a beautiful monitor and he said he was willing to do some benchmarks be grateful.

Sad really.

It was very much expected, I got a lot less heat than I would have on other forums (or youtube). 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

No, my answer suggests that someone over the internet that I've never met has no business snooping around in my families financial situation.

You are right. I do not. For my graduation my parents gave me a nice second hand car. When people ask (since its a bit odd that someone of my age has a car) wether its mine I don't go around saying its none of their business and that they are miserable for even asking such a question. I personally don't like to take credit for things I've not paid for. I'm completely fine with it IF you haven't paid for it, but being so sinister gets me on my nerves. Besides if you have paid for it, be proud instead. I dont want any rivalry or sounding ungrateful :P Well here you have my take on it ;) I could also be a difference in culture, but thats a different subject.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I can't believe some of the people here. Someone gets something nice and people are saying it's a waste of money or your parents bought it. Who cares. 

It's a beautiful monitor and he said he was willing to do some benchmarks be grateful.

Sad really.

I hope you don't mean me :(

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Awesome! I look forward to seeing the benchmarks! I would never get one simply because I doubt my 2gb 660ti sli setup could handle it haha.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

4K monitors are so sexy but I would rather get 3 24'' monitors for productivity.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

4K monitors are so sexy but I would rather get 3 24'' monitors for productivity.

Ehm, 4K monitors have a lot of workspace.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Even if you can afford it, I just see no reason to spend so much money lol

So much money is different for different people. Some people will think that spending $200 on shoes is absolutely insane, but others will find it normal.

If I had $3500 I would get 2 titans and 3 1440p monitors

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Your titans are going to have to work harder than ever haha.

For anyone waiting, if all goes well I'll be able to do some benching tomorrow! Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to test and keep an eye out since I will be making a new thread for the results. Thanks for all the feedback.

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Ehm, 4K monitors have a lot of workspace.

But triple 1080p have more space (not pixels) and is therefore better productivity wise (personal opinions might change it but i doubt that is the case for most people) PLUS it is much cheaper

But triple 1080p have more space (not pixels) and is therefore better productivity wise (personal opinions might change it but i doubt that is the case for most people) PLUS it is much cheaper

Triple 1080p means moving your head more to see everything you are working on. 

Thanks, but it's actually not for me, it's for my father. He's a resolution freak. I prefer my 3x 120hz displays ;)

what the heck does your father do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats on the monitor. That thing's a beast.

I just spent 3500 on a new PC... 4770k, watercooled, 2x780s.. Sheesh I think I can fork out for a PA278Q (400).. But good god.. I couldn't justify another 3500 on just a monitor.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Looks like you have an awesome setup, congrats on the monitor.

I was just watching the WAN show and heard about the screens not showing anything during bootup. Such as POST etc...just goes straight to windows. Do you experience this also?

Have you had many scaling issues with windows?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Looks like you have an awesome setup, congrats on the monitor.

I was just watching the WAN show and heard about the screens not showing anything during bootup. Such as POST etc...just goes straight to windows. Do you experience this also?

Have you had many scaling issues with windows?

Yes I actually experienced the screen not posting during boot, it caused a few issues since I had a bios password, so every time I had to restart, I needed to hook up another monitor. That wouldn't be very convenient if this was your only display. 

I really didn't have any scaling issues, at first the text was kind of small but it wasn't too bad, then I took it up to 125% and it pretty much felt exactly like a 30" 2560x1600 display (in terms of text size).

Yes I actually experienced the screen not posting during boot, it caused a few issues since I had a bios password, so every time I had to restart, I needed to hook up another monitor. That wouldn't be very convenient if this was your only display. 

I really didn't have any scaling issues, at first the text was kind of small but it wasn't too bad, then I took it up to 125% and it pretty much felt exactly like a 30" 2560x1600 display (in terms of text size).

When do you think you can do some benchmarks? i'm really exited to see some :D

When do you think you can do some benchmarks? i'm really exited to see some :D

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41840-benchmarks-gtx-titan-sli-4k-3840x2160-bf3-skyrim-crysis-2-unigine-heaven/

Voila!

why dont u share with all of us some photos the 4k display in action...

why dont u share with all of us some photos the 4k display in action...

You can check out my benchmark thread: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41840-benchmarks-gtx-titan-sli-4k-3840x2160-bf3-skyrim-crysis-2-unigine-heaven/

One of the people on the forum is running 3 pq321's

Any links? I'd like to see what rig can play on that.  :)  :)