[Finished] Project: Cobalt (Chromed Copper Piping, Laser Etching, Cable Sleeving and More)

JordanMac

Looking good man can not wait to see more!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

This is great. Keep it coming!

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

Looks absolutely stunning! Great work, really like where this is going and that middle plate is kickass! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Update 8

Well the nickel plating didn't work....

u6pDFCQ.jpg

Going to paint them instead.

09kEI5N.jpg

clean all of the gunk off with some 180 grit sandpaper.

litu8To.jpg

all of the pieces ready for spraying

K6SkR82.jpg

spraying the pieces.

anNOzMk.jpg

ADI0ogs.jpg

the pipes after painting

GH3YqSZ.jpg

Not Quite happy with these yet, not shiny enough.

Tomorrow they will have all of the defects sanded and re-painted and get several coats of the clear coat. afte that they will all be polished to get a really nice shine.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

i saw other builds with chrome copper pipes....why not go down that road? i think it would look epic :D

You should make sure you didn't get any paint on the inside of the pipes. I see that you didn't plug them when you painted them. You should try to clean it out as well as you can so no paint gets in the loop. 

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Wow, this is some serious craftsmanship you're putting into this. Looking ace so far, looking forward to seeing it lit up in all it's glory! 

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Wow, this is some serious craftsmanship you're putting into this. Looking ace so far, looking forward to seeing it lit up in all it's glory! 

should only be a week or so now before its finished, just need to get these damn pipes looking shiny and i'll be ready to go. thanks for the kind words :)

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

With those pipes, get some chrome paint off of amazon! Also chrome paint needs a gloss black underneath it for it to really shine

that a really good idea. thanks.

Looking awesome so far. This is going to be a good build I can tell. 

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Build log of the week?

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Build log of the week?

Hopefully :D

Those copper pipes sure look nice  :)

they look even better now after clear coat and there gunna look cool when i polish them tomorrow :D

Mother of god this looks good!

Audio Setup---- Marten Django XL speakers: Conrad-Johnson LP125M power amp: Convergent Audio Technology SL1 Renaissance preamp: Clearaudio Ovation & Clarify turntable

i saw other builds with chrome copper pipes....why not go down that road? i think it would look epic :D

Have you done any research into the price of chrome plating? loool i was quoted £250 to do these small pipes.

Have you done any research into the price of chrome plating? loool i was quoted £250 to do these small pipes.

yes...but you can buy already chromed pipes for not all that much more than normal copper pipes

yes...but you can buy already chromed pipes for not all that much more than normal copper pipes

only in 15mm, 22mm and 28mm varieties.

Very nice idea but is there any way to calm down those LED's so you don't see their locations. It looks like they are taking away from the traces you are trying to highlight judging from these pictures. Nice work though. I also would like to use this idea in a custom side panel.

i found 8 and 10 and 12 and 15mm :D

link for 10mm?

Very nice idea but is there any way to calm down those LED's so you don't see their locations. It looks like they are taking away from the traces you are trying to highlight judging from these pictures. Nice work though. I also would like to use this idea in a custom side panel.

i am working on the LED's, they have bugged me throughout the build.