[Finished] Project: Cobalt (Chromed Copper Piping, Laser Etching, Cable Sleeving and More)

JordanMac

i have air penetrator 141's :)

Will look even better :)

looks great

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Update 4

Some fittings to make the drainage system.

A3Qxt7D.jpg

ASUPcJC.jpg

Installing a backplate on my gtx 670 i already had the XSPC waterblock installed so i went for the XSPC one so i was guarenteed compatibility plus it looks really good aswell.

29iYr7U.jpg

gu5Vkxo.jpg

Removing the drive cage to make room for the front radiator and to give a cleaner look to the build

ksIAXCX.jpg

AAKQGE8.jpg

odSWQwC.jpg

Using the line method for thermal paste as this is apperently best for ivy bridge as the silicon is in a line down the middle. fittings also installed.

PGBN647.jpg

t37Pjgb.jpg

Pump looks really messy but with the foam and plastic tubing it should stop all vibrations from transfering to the copper pipe and into the case. this will be hidden from view with some black acrylic.

pkbgToM.jpg

All components and fittings in place just need to give the radiator a blow out and get the piping in.

wb8ZABj.jpg

as you can see it is now dark outside took around 4 hours to get everything sorted and i'm still not happy with it i think it could be cleaner but nether the less i shall be nickel plating on sunday.

6FgQgxD.jpg

Wont be able to do any work tomorrow as i'm at a barbecue all day.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Why is CPU ---> GPU run so weird shaped?

"Never trust anyone and rely on your instincts" - If you know who said it, you're awesome

I really like this, it looks like the interior of a gas powered machine with the copper piping and the blue.

You could pretend that the blue parts are blue hot metal parts. If you choose the right colour liquid to put into it it'll look epic.

Not sure my body can handle all of this, to much greatness.

Why is CPU ---> GPU run so weird shaped?

Its going to snake under the midplate, it will make more sense when i get the midplate installed with the pipes.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Looks like it

haha i hadn't noticed that!

Update 5

Got the midplate installed, used a mixture of screws and unibounds super strong double sided tape.

YXG9ezT.jpg

Drilled holes throught the midplate so the piping could go through, i am going to be putting a piece of plastic on the front of the midplate to hide everything under it.

PpQjycW.jpg

ypq1pjl.jpg

Midplate lights on again, just becuase it can...

brQyX37.jpg

lFKEyR4.jpg

tried some under motherboard lighting but it deifinatly needs to be brighter and possible change to white. i do have some white leds strips as the case is going to be lits up white.

kaETToM.jpg

Filed the loop with distilled water to flush out all of the gunk from the blocks and rads because they are used blocks. after an hour the water is already blue.

Njno8Dh.jpg

Next update should be tuesday, i have a day off work which i'm going to fill with nickel plating.

Great build. Tuned in for this one. 

Looking Awesome

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

Sweet Build

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Looks nice! I am assuming you are still going to fix those two pipes to the GPU so that

they are absolutely parallel (or does it just look like they're not on the pics?).

The mid plate really does look great. Is it sagging slightly at the moment or is that just

lens distortion?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Looks nice! I am assuming you are still going to fix those two pipes to the GPU so that

they are absolutely parallel (or does it just look like they're not on the pics?).

The mid plate really does look great. Is it sagging slightly at the moment or is that just

lens distortion?

the midplate is lens distortion but the 2 pipes from the gpu are not parallel, but i am going to fix that :)

the midplate is lens distortion but the 2 pipes from the gpu are not parallel, but i am going to fix that :)

Thought so, excellent! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

oh thank gawd. i was going to self destruct if all the pipe runs weren't perfect

Anything built with screws is meant to be disassembled.

Nice work JordanMac, the midplate is really creative.  Love the copper tubing, too.  That 670 looks itty bitty in the Switch lol.

oh thank gawd. i was going to self destruct if all the pipe runs weren't perfect

haha i wouldn't do all this work and not have everything perfect :)

I smell a future build of the week!

How did you get that laser etching done? It looks so cool but how did you get access to an etching machine? (sorry if you already answered that).

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Nice build man!

Interested in Business and Technology

I smell a future build of the week!

How did you get that laser etching done? It looks so cool but how did you get access to an etching machine? (sorry if you already answered that).

they have one at my college and i spoke nicely to my tutor and he "accidently" left the door open in the workshop for me.