Is my pc build correct and balanced

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,

@Ethan supabass

I made a small mistake on the motherboard.  It was fine, but was missing one thing:  a USB 3.0 header.  You could use it, but the front USB 3.0 port on the case will not be USB 3.0 compliant.

I switched it up a bit.

$1037 before taxes:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4430 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($235.48 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Asus B85M-D PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($54.41 @ DirectCanada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.95 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB Tri-X Toxic Video Card  ($279.05 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.55 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($38.99 @ NCIX)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Case Fan: BitFenix BFF-SCF-12025KK-RP 43.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($5.54 @ DirectCanada) <<Front intake
Monitor: LG 22MP55HQ-P 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($138.88 @ Canada Computers)
Total: $1027.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-02 01:16 EDT-0400

Is it ok to get that one

A GTX 970 is $400 in Canada.

You can try used ones, but I don't recommend it.

A GTX 970 is $400 in Canada.

You can try used ones, but I don't recommend it.

what's the cons for used gpu, it's it because it might be damaged. ( i think i can refund it)

how? That CPU is fine

He changed it. It was a 8370

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

He changed it. It was a 8370

oh lol makes sense now xD

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

what's the cons for used gpu, it's it because it might be damaged. ( i think i can refund it)

Yes, it can be damaged.  It can be a completely different card.  Sometimes people advertise a GTX 970, but really it is a much older card with a 970 cooler on it.  To refund costs more money, you have to pay postage.

Just go new.  You will have a very enjoyable experience with the R9 280X.  I have a R9 280 (which is slower than the 280X), and I enjoy my games just fine.

Yes, it can be damaged.  It can be a completely different card.  Sometimes people advertise a GTX 970, but really it is a much older card with a 970 cooler on it.  To refund costs more money, you have to pay postage.

Just go new.  You will have a very enjoyable experience with the R9 280X.  I have a R9 280 (which is slower than the 280X), and I enjoy my games just fine.

thank you guess i'll go with your guild and btw the game i am going to play the most is minecraft ( hope it can run seus10.2 ultra shader 1080p 60 fps)

thank you guess i'll go with your guild and btw the game i am going to play the most is minecraft ( hope it can run seus10.2 ultra shader 1080p 60 fps)

You should be fine.  I don't run texture packs and graphic tweaks (I like the look of vanilla), but I play heavily modded servers.  FTB infinity is way over 100 fps on average(but that is CPU based).

It could of been really bad if i didn't get help from you and I don't know what I could do to thank you for your help.

It could of been really bad if i didn't get help from you and I don't know what I could do to thank you for your help.

lol, no problem at all.

I am happy to help.

Just enjoy your PC. :)

Cpu will bottleneck the shit out of that gpu

What in the fuck are you talking about.....

Edit: Just saw the post you made about him having it as an 8370 first. lel :P

You should be fine.  I don't run texture packs and graphic tweaks (I like the look of vanilla), but I play heavily modded servers.  FTB infinity is way over 100 fps on average(but that is CPU based).

speaking of cpu. can I keep my cpu that i am planing to use because it's cheaper newer and higher benchmark score

lol, no problem at all.

I am happy to help.

Just enjoy your PC. :)

ty

@Ethan supabass

Look at the fans, do some research.  You want them to push air, but also to be quiet.  I have a Sickleflow on my radiator for my other computer... but I always have a fan controller.  So I turn the fan speed down mos of the time.

Make sure the two front fans are pushing more air in than the rear and top fans are pushing out.  This will help with dust build up.  You should dust your PC every 6 months or so... at least.

speaking of cpu. can I keep my cpu that i am planing to use because it's cheaper newer and higher benchmark score

What is the CPU?

Not the FX 8370... not a good idea.

I'll explain why if you want.

What is the CPU?

Not the FX 8370... not a good idea.

I'll explain why if you want.

I changed it a long time ago

how did you view things in pc part picker in Canadian dollar. im soooooooo confused 

At the top right, there is a drop-down menu with a flag on it.  Set it to the Canadian flag.

At the top right, there is a drop-down menu with a flag on it.  Set it to the Canadian flag.

oh ty

any ways but i just don't feel confortable about how this cpu's price higher than 2 years ago

Our dollar is weaker.

Ethan, stop looking at British prices.  I know we are a British colony, but we pay in Canadian dollars =D:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80646i54690k

What ever I believe that you know better than i do. sense you have more experience than I do. But I just want to know more so I am sure what I am getting.

sorry about how long this is taking