Linus graphic calculator tips?

So now that I have finally graduated I will likely retire my old trusty Ti-84 plus to my brother ( he desperately needs one) and get new one for university. So, I have been wondering if it's worth going for the new coloured versions, as I just can't deal with confusing lines in the graphings.

So here are my options:

1- get the coloured version of the Ti 84 plus, doesn't seem to that much different or pricey it seems like a good option.

2- get their new Nspire line, looks fancy but I'm not sure if it's worth the money still can't find something compelling about it.

3-cheap out and just use a emulator

4- buy another ti-84 plus

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Im a TI-nSpire CX owner, I love it and it truly has saved my bacon multiple times.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Im a TI-nSpire CX owner, I love it and it truly has saved my bacon multiple times.

How does it prove its worth for you?

Pascal laptops guide

the new nspire looks nice. To be honest though I never really needed anything more than my TI 30 XS :D

TI_30_X_S_MV_GG.jpg

I also have one of the first nspire cas ...

jmkD1dB.jpg

... but I almost never used it during my undergraduate studies (simply because in most of the exams nothing more than a non programmable calculator or no calculator at all was allowed) and now I do almost anything in matlab anyway.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

How does it prove its worth for you?

graphing mainly. It's really helpful having the trackpad + colour for graphing functions and then all the associated tools.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Get a TI-89. Powerful, does everything you could ever need.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

Get a TI-89. Powerful, does everything you could ever need.

Lack of colour is a deal breaker, anything useful that a Ti 84 C or Ti Nspire can't do it does?

Pascal laptops guide

There's no need for color on a calculator. It's a goddamn calculator. For fucks sake.

I don't understand why people spend a ton of money on a calculator because it has "color" and a full HD screen or whatever the hell TI is trying to sell now. A TI-89 is more than anyone would ever need.

--Neil Hanlon

Operations Engineer

There's no need for color on a calculator. It's a goddamn calculator. For fucks sake.

I don't understand why people spend a ton of money on a calculator because it has "color" and a full HD screen or whatever the hell TI is trying to sell now. A TI-89 is more than anyone would ever need.

Ahh probably to distingush between graphs, and the higher resolution display helps as well once again with graphs.

Pascal laptops guide

The first Ti nspire CAS (the grey one, not the black one) is so insanely useful. Being an engineering student, I'd be so incredibly lost without it. I reckon the older nspire cas calcs are better purely because the batteries are replaceable. Yes the new ones have a better layout and a backlit screen, but what happens if you forget to charge it the night before your exam and you run out of battery half way through the exam?

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

Casio?

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Casio?

Havent heard of these guys since a long time, what are there good options?

Pascal laptops guide

Havent heard of these guys since a long time, what are there good options?

They have a fancy ass option which a touch screen and everything (ClassPad fx-CP400) but I prefer what is basically the Casio equivalent to the Ti-84 plus (FX-9860II s). Its a solid device and has served me well. That being said i have not had that much time with Ti calcs. We were told in high school to get Casios because that is what the teacher used and knew and could explain to us if we had issues.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

They have a fancy ass option which a touch screen and everything (ClassPad fx-CP400) but I prefer what is basically the Casio equivalent to the Ti-84 plus (FX-9860II s). Its a solid device and has served me well. That being said i have not had that much time with Ti calcs. We were told in high school to get Casios because that is what the teacher used and knew and could explain to us if we had issues.

Hmm, casio seems pretty competitive, especially with the FX-9860GII which just plain reckts the ti 84 plus at a cheaper price.

Pascal laptops guide

Hmm, casio seems pretty competitive, especially with the FX-9860GII which just plain reckts the ti 84 plus at a cheaper price.

You will have to learn the ins and outs of the thing which might be a pain, would not really know because i have never had to switch. For basic this that does not really matter but when you get to something like matrix operations then you really want to know how to use your calculator.