upgrade from I5 760 to haswell?

Was looking for some information. I have an I5 760 with the Asus p7p55d-e pro. Overclocked to 3.8Ghz with a custom water loop. 55 degrees under full load and idles at 29.

I was thinking about getting the Formula VI when it comes out and the 4770k. How much improvement am I looking at? Things I am looking for are gaming frames per second, processing power, Temps, boot times... Stuff like that. Thanks guys! I am new to the forum..

Tbone

Was looking for some information. I have an I5 760 with the Asus p7p55d-e pro. Overclocked to 3.8Ghz with a custom water loop. 55 degrees under full load and idles at 29.

I was thinking about getting the Formula VI when it comes out and the 4770k. How much improvement am I looking at? Things I am looking for are gaming frames per second, processing power, Temps, boot times... Stuff like that. Thanks guys! I am new to the forum..

Tbone

If you are going to buy a new MB and CPU only for gaming, don't go for the 4770k, take the 4760k and save 100$ ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

Since its a Broadwell, you'll find a VERY big difference. Frames and processes will improve by maybe 25%-35% higher or even better since you are going with an i7. 

Processing Power:26% Higher

Frames: 8-15 Frames more since you'll have PCIe 3.0

Boot times: Few seconds cut 

Temps: May run higher due to its new production methods, wait till it is improved maybe in a few months

Power consumption: major difference

Welcome to the Forums! 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Since its a Broadwell

What?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What?

Broadwell. Code name for that series? That i5 is a broadwell

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I don't think Intel gives a crap about the heat issues. I am upgrading from the same type of chip so yea, it's worth it. I am getting a 4670K since the hyperthreading isn't much use for gaming.

for gaming only ,i wouldnt bother,wait for next gen.but if you need the i7 for editing and stuff,go for it.its like what,an i5 sandy at 3.7 ? Still very good for games.oc it more

No. It's a Lynnfield. Broadwell is Intel's upcoming CPU architecture.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

That series is Lynnfield. Broadwell is the next series after Haswell.

That series is Lynnfield. Broadwell is the next series after Haswell.

I thought next series was SKylake?

Skylake is after Broadwell.

Skylake is after Broadwell.

Must have been misinformed, regards. However this is still an upgrade.

Must have been misinformed, regards. However this is still an upgrade.

No problem. Indeed, it is an upgrade.

ehh, get Ivy Bridge, better overclocker and nearly identical preformance, good to watercool

ehh, get Ivy Bridge, better overclocker and nearly identical preformance, good to watercool

I'm doing the same. However, Haswell is a great memory overclocker, and can keep it stable!

Intel-2012-2018-Server-CPU-Roadmap-Revel

SO its for server chips?

I'm doing the same. However, Haswell is a great memory overclocker, and can keep it stable!

true, but memory speeds would only matter for very niche things, if your lifestyle uses those said niche things, sure go for it

Just like everybody just said, going to Haswell will largely improve your performance, but yeah, just go for the i5-4670k since the hyperthreading is useless for gaming, and you save $100.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Just like everybody just said, going to Haswell will largely improve your performance, but yeah, just go for the i5-4670k since the hyperthreading is useless for gaming, and you save $100.

not really, because of next gen having 8 cores, I'm very sure we will start seeing multicore optimization and uses

not really, because of next gen having 8 cores, I'm very sure we will start seeing multicore optimization and uses

We don't know when this is going to happen. You are correct though.

Well yeah of course, but as of right now, it's not really usefull, and saving an extra $100 is always a plus.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

We don't know when this is going to happen. You are correct though.

well, it's already happening, check out the BF4 Pre-Alpha benchmarks, 3970x out preforms a 3770 by a solid 5 frames, it's not fully functional, but it's getting there

Cores and clocks, man!

Frames: 8-15 Frames more since you'll have PCIe 3.0

thats not really true, hell get more fps but not because of pcie 3.0