upgrade from I5 760 to haswell?

not really, because of next gen having 8 cores, I'm very sure we will start seeing multicore optimization and uses

im sure it wont happen.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

thats not really true, hell get more fps but not because of pcie 3.0

He would. But its not a HUGE difference. Max he could get is 10 FPS improvement, probably.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

He would. But its not a HUGE difference. Max he could get is 10 FPS improvement, probably.

unless he has 2 690s its not going to make a difference

unless he has 2 690s its not going to make a difference

PCI-E 3.0 will technically make a difference. Please look at the benchmarks.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

PCI-E 3.0 will technically make a difference. Please look at the benchmarks.

I need links bro

http://www.overclock.net/t/1188376/hardwarecanucks-hd-7970-pci-e-3-0-vs-pci-e-2-0-comparison

what no difference with a 7970

and this was done on two different chipsets and a 2600k vs 3770k so at the same clock it was probably because of the cpu's and chipsets.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/18/pci_express_20_vs_30_gpu_gaming_performance_review/1#.UeT1q42QmKc

if your running cf or sli it can make up to a 10% difference so I guess thats what you mean but for a single card its within a margine of error ~2-3%

http://www.overclock.net/t/1188376/hardwarecanucks-hd-7970-pci-e-3-0-vs-pci-e-2-0-comparison

what no difference with a 7970

and this was done on two different chipsets and a 2600k vs 3770k so at the same clock it was probably because of the cpu's and chipsets.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/07/18/pci_express_20_vs_30_gpu_gaming_performance_review/1#.UeT1q42QmKc

if your running cf or sli it can make up to a 10% difference so I guess thats what you mean but for a single card its within a margine of error ~2-3%

Yes. There is technically a difference. In order for me to be factually correct, I must state that PCI-E 3.0 does offer technically better results.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

im sure it wont happen.

First we have to see fully quad-core optimized games. Till now those have been very rare. + that next gen consoles have 8-core processors, because they are not intending to make a refresh any time soon. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here