How well is the PB278Q for gaming?

Mr_Pixle

Probably really good, see if you can get an IPS panel in the same resolution, I hear they have way better picture quality apparently

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The only problem is the 17ms input lag..But most people won't notice it..

WooHoo 1,000 post.. :)

The only problem is the 25ms input lag..But most people won't notice it..

it dosent have that high of input lag,

the colors are alittle greyed out, see which preset works for you, and its overclockable to at least 75 htz if you are in to that stuff. its a really good all around monitor 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

it dosent have that high of input lag,

the colors are alittle greyed out, see which preset works for you, and its overclockable to at least 75 htz if you are in to that stuff. its a really good all around monitor

Ah yes it does well maybe its only 22ms sorry..The only 1440p monitor with a higher input lag is the 2713hm..

Probably really good, see if you can get an IPS panel in the same resolution, I hear they have way better picture quality apparently

This monitor is not an IPS? According to PCPartPicker it is

Ah yes it does the only 1440p monitor with a higher input lag is the 2713hm..

Isnt the response time 5MS?

Ah yes it does the only 1440p monitor with a higher input lag is the 2713hm..

trust me i know from expecriance

This monitor is not an IPS? According to PCPartPicker it is

its pls, a subcatagorey of ips

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Its actually 17ms sorry :)..I had the 2713hm input lags number..And you are right they do OC a lil.But they frame skip like all other ips/pls multi input monitors when over 60hz..

Whats a good IPS 1440P momnitor with 5MS response time? Or is this monitor ok?

this is a good monitor and the only reason the input lag is 17 is because thats the gpu limit for 60hz, no one knows why. and my only problem with it are the colors, once you calabrate it you will see a grave improvment, its a reallt good monitor  for gaming. 

Response time and input lag are two different things..The PB278Q is a great monitor..Just make sure PWM backlighting does not affect you.If you want a monitor with a good input lag and no PWM backlight the Viewsonic VP2770 is one of the better gaming pls monitors..

this is a good monitor and the only reason the input lag is 17 is because thats the gpu limit for 60hz, no one knows why. and my only problem with it are the colors, once you calabrate it you will see a grave improvment, its a reallt good monitor  for gaming. 

The Viewsonic Vp2770 has a 8ms input lag at 60hz..So that is not true..If that was the case then a CRT at 60hz would still have 17ms input lag?

The Viewsonic Vp2770 has a 8ms input lag at 60hz..So that is not true..

its a gpu limit not a monitor limit

its a gpu limit not a monitor limit

So why do CRTs have zero input lag?Even at 60hz?

So why do CRTs have zero input lag?Even at 60hz?

because crts dont have a refreshrate

The only problem is the 25ms input lag..But most people won't notice it..

Hmm...

1000 posts and i havent seen any of your posts earlier. :)

because crts dont have a refreshrate

LOL..So CRTs don't refresh the image on the screen?I will just pretend i did not read that..Please let the guy know what monitor to buy i am sure he is in good hands..lol

LOL..So CRTs don't refresh the image on the screen?

lol , crts are a blasts of light, not pixels..... nvm im thinking of response time, oops sorry lol

I need to get educated. What is a response time and what is input lag? Also how do you calibrate a monitor? Is it free?

lol , crts are a blasts of light, not pixels..... nvm im thinking of response time, oops sorry lol

But wait you said the GPU is the reason for the input lag..So if you use the same GPU on a PB278Q And a CRT monitor why would the CRT have zero input lag when you said this..

So according to you the input lag should be the same on every monitor cause its the GPU that does it..

"this is a good monitor and the only reason the input lag is 17 is because thats the gpu limit for 60hz,"

I need to get educated. What is a response time and what is input lag? Also how do you calibrate a monitor? Is it free?

Response time is the amount of time a pixel in a monitor takes to go from one value to another and back again.

i dont know too much on input lag 

and in the settings on the moniter and a clibrater tool in the os and yes its free

Response time is the amount of time a pixel in a monitor takes to go from one value to another and back again.

and in the settings on the moniter and a clibrater tool in the os and yes its free

Well the whole time you were telling me about input lag..lol.. :)

Should I get this monitor or a different one? Linus said some nice things about it.

But wait you said the GPU is the reason for the input lag..So if you use the same GPU on a PB278Q And a CRT monitor why would the CRT have zero input lag when you said this..

So according to you the input lag should be the same on every monitor cause its the GPU that does it..

"this is a good monitor and the only reason the input lag is 17 is because thats the gpu limit for 60hz,"

i had a 120hz moniter the had an imput lag of 7ms. by that trend, the higher the refreshrate the lower the lag, since CRTs have the refresh rate so high the vurtuly have no input lag

and look at any monitor at 60hz, chances are it wont be lower than 16.5ms