760 vs 670

Go to solution Solved by Kuzma,

Hello good forum people  :)

I was set on getting two GTX 670s for my new build but now 760 has me scratching my head.  My set up is going to be 3 1080p monitors in surround and a accessory display.  The cards i was pacifically looking at is Evga 04G-P4-2671-KR (GTX670 4gb) and EVGA 04G-P4-2766-KR(GTX760 4gb) reason i have pick these is due to reference boards for water cooling. I know that 760 has one less smx unit resulting in less cuda cores but all the benchmarks i have seen the 760 is very very close  and 760 is much cheaper. Also was wondering if the 670 would have longer legs due to having that one more smx core.  Would love some input and opinions cus at this point in my head it's a coin toss.

Definitively go for the 760s , since they are pretty much 660 TIs the scaling on them will be INSANE and water cooled with gpu boost 2.0 will just put two 670s to shame

I was set on getting two GTX 670s for my new build but now 760 has me scratching my head.  My set up is going to be 3 1080p monitors in surround and a accessory display.  The cards i was pacifically looking at is Evga 04G-P4-2671-KR (GTX670 4gb) and EVGA 04G-P4-2766-KR(GTX760 4gb) reason i have pick these is due to reference boards for water cooling. I know that 760 has one less smx unit resulting in less cuda cores but all the benchmarks i have seen the 760 is very very close  and 760 is much cheaper. Also was wondering if the 670 would have longer legs due to having that one more smx core.  Would love some input and opinions cus at this point in my head it's a coin toss.

Definitively go for the 760s , since they are pretty much 660 TIs the scaling on them will be INSANE and water cooled with gpu boost 2.0 will just put two 670s to shame

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I would just get the 760 its such a small difference in performance. 

Uh not a small difference in performance.  Have you really looked at the benchmarks ?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Uh not a small difference in performance.  Have you really looked at the benchmarks ?

Ok I looked back at the benchmarks there is a difference, but not one worth the price difference. 

The 760 is pretty impressive at its price point.  I'd go for 770's if you can afford 670's but if you are on a tight budget then the 760's are the value winner for Nvidia right now...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res

i have to go with a 4gb card due to the surround setup to avoid the all scary Vram wall that i have all ready encountered with my ageing 460 hawks and 770 4gb cards are just out of price range, but yes i agree 2 770s would be the right card to get. 

Depends what brand of GTX 670 and if its just reference card. My Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce3 is Putting down GTX 770 scores in Heaven Benchmark 4.0,Valley 1.0 and Metrolastlight Benchmark pretty impressive.

i have to go with a 4gb card due to the surround setup to avoid the all scary Vram wall that i have all ready encountered with my ageing 460 hawks and 770 4gb cards are just out of price range, but yes i agree 2 770s would be the right card to get. 

There are 4GB 760s & those what I'd recommend after 7950s.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130937&Tpk=GTX%20760%204gb&IsVirtualParent=1

760's. If you're going to be water-cooling, its going to take advantage of GPU boost 2.0 and its also a more recent card, so you get the new features. Also the price is substantially cheaper. 

cpu: 4670k (not OC'd yet), cooler: Corsair h100i, motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB, graphics: GTX 770 Windforce cooler, case: NZXT Phantom 410, power supply: Corsair HX650 v2, storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, ssd: Samsung 840 120GB SSD

GTX 760. It's has new technologies like gpu boost 2.0 and it will have better support in the long run.

I will go for GTX 760s for this one.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Why not get 2 7950s since the 2gb of the 760 will be a bit to little for all the monitors and keep in mind a crossfire fix is coming next month and also there is RadeonPRO

Why not get 2 7950s since the 2gb of the 760 will be a bit to little for all the monitors and keep in mind a crossfire fix is coming next month and also there is RadeonPRO

u don't read do you? .... 4GB

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

u don't read do you? .... 4GB

The configuration is 5760x1080; 3GB of VRAM is very sufficient. An accessory display that is not gaming will not use more than a couple hundred MB of VRAM, so a 3GB choice is still preferable considering the price to performance of 7950s, assuming the crossfire fix comes sooner rather than later.

3gb is generally enough for gaming. I have two 4gb cards and I barely ever see them peak over 2.5 gbs when gaming on multi-monitors, let alone 3.

If you can reconsider getting the 7950, then go with those. They're pretty beast especially now that they're like 260 USD.

If you won't change your stance on the matter, get the 760's. The performance difference doesn't justify the huge price difference.

| Corsair Carbide Series 350D |Corsair H100i | Intel i7 5820k @ 4.5GHz, 1.175v | EVGA x99 Micro 2 | G.Skill Trident Z 32gb, 3200MHz

| Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980Ti @1506MHz | EVGA P2 850 Watt | 2x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb | Western Digital Red Pro 6TB |

3gb is still good

comon, you said 2gb is not enough and therefore the 760 is out of the game, although nobody ever mentioned the 2gb version but only the 4gb 760.

I never said, that a) 3GB would not be sufficient or b) that eh 7950 is worse performance wise.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

comon, you said 2gb is not enough and therefore the 760 is out of the game, although nobody ever mentioned the 2gb version but only the 4gb 760.

I never said, that a) 3GB would not be sufficient or b) that eh 7950 is worse performance wise.

Not if overclocked

Awesome feedback as all ways guys still got two more weeks till that fat overtime pay check comes in but looks like most recommend 760s.  Wish i could get my hands on 770(4gb) for $400 or lower (USD) but will just have to settle for 760.  Agian ty for all the input