Ordered My O2 DAC/Amplifier Combo

See yourself if you like this song or not 

Yes, I'm more familiar with the Lynyrd Skynyrd rendition, but it's a great song.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I personally like the 650's more. They also look better IMO.

So you're one of those freaks that looks at themselves in the mirror while wearing headphones, too.

Ouch. What if I like looking at myself? xD

I believe that's what they call narcissism.

Don't you have to love yourself to be narcissist?

"excessive or erotic interest in oneself and one's physical appearance"

I'd say "like looking at myself" qualifies.

So you're one of those freaks that looks at themselves in the mirror while wearing headphones, too.

Absolutely not!

But if the price difference is almost the same, why the hell not  :P

Absolutely not!

But if the price difference is almost the same, why the hell not :P

Surely people's expression change from laughing when they see LCD-2 to jaw dropped when they hear the price :D

Absolutely not!

But if the price difference is almost the same, why the hell not  :P

Surely people's expression change from laughing when they see LCD-2 to jaw dropped when they hear the price :D

I suppose I could buy the Sennheiser HD 600 and return them if I do not like the sound signature.  Amazon has a 30-day return policy.  If it's a nice, balanced signature, I will probably like them very much.  Don't get me wrong.  Bass is nice but when it comes to music, however, I like it to accurately represent the artist's intentions.  Even with my HD 280 Pros, bass-heavy songs still sound bass-heavy.  Maybe I'm weird.  :wacko:

I like it to accurately represent the artist's intentions.  

This....actually have been bugging me for quite a while... Lots of people everywhere (not limited to this forum) have been saying something like that, that they want to 'hear the way it's meant to be heard', or 'same as the artist's presentation', or somewhere along the line. 

What does it really mean and how to achieve it anyway?

I mean, assuming the key point is 'as close/similar as possible', first off, to what? The artist's voice or the master recording? Any recording studio will do tons of EQ and effects in between the artist's true voice and the end recording. Have Celine Dion sing right in front of you, and she will sound very different compared to her albums. 

If it's 'as close as possible to the master recording', then again to achieve that you'd have to use the same/similar monitoring equipment as the master track mixer guy. If he's monitoring using HD600, for example, then using the same HD600 would achieve that goal. If he's monitoring using, say, M50, then it will sound very different coming out of HD600. 

Perhaps the key is, 'assuming the mixer guy was using a monitor that got FR that's as flat as possible, then I should use a headphone that's also as flat as possible'. That's the most logical answer I could think of, although I'd say flat FR is very boring, but that's probably just me...

This....actually have been bugging me for quite a while... Lots of people everywhere (not limited to this forum) have been saying something like that, that they want to 'hear the way it's meant to be heard', or 'same as the artist's presentation', or somewhere along the line. 

What does it really mean and how to achieve it anyway?

I mean, assuming the key point is 'as close/similar as possible', first off, to what? The artist's voice or the master recording? Any recording studio will do tons of EQ and effects in between the artist's true voice and the end recording. Have Celine Dion sing right in front of you, and she will sound very different compared to her albums. 

If it's 'as close as possible to the master recording', then again to achieve that you'd have to use the same/similar monitoring equipment as the master track mixer guy. If he's monitoring using HD600, for example, then using the same HD600 would achieve that goal. If he's monitoring using, say, M50, then it will sound very different coming out of HD600. 

Perhaps the key is, 'assuming the mixer guy was using a monitor that got FR that's as flat as possible, then I should use a headphone that's also as flat as possible'. That's the most logical answer I could think of, although I'd say flat FR is very boring, but that's probably just me...

If the music is intended to be reproduced flat, any EQ has been applied during the mixing process. Most acoustic music is like this.

If the music is intended to be reproduced flat, any EQ has been applied during the mixing process. Most acoustic music is like this.

But doesn't the mixer guy use a monitor when applying EQ? If, say, he used beats with its whooping bass to apply an EQ, then most probably on something neutral like HD600, it will sound as non-existent low/bass. 

But doesn't the mixer guy use a monitor when applying EQ? If, say, he used beats with its whooping bass to apply an EQ, then most probably on something neutral like HD600, it will sound as non-existent low/bass. 

I doubt an audio engineer who knows his business is going to mix acoustic mousic with beats. Hopefully they wouldn't even be using headphones for such a critical application.

I doubt an audio engineer who knows his business is going to mix acoustic mousic with beats. Hopefully they wouldn't even be using headphones for such a critical application.

I'll mix with muh IEMs instead. >=)

"Pro" audio engineer don't use any sound producing devices. They just clip the left signal cable to left ear, right cable to right ear, and bite the ground cable....

Shame on you for under estimating IEMs

Shame on you for over estimating. Unless the engineer has some super expensive CIEMs, and plugging them into something with a crossfeed dial... But at that point monitor speakers are cheaper anyways.

Shame on all of you for still posting in this forum.

Hue.

What can I say; like a dog that returns to his vomit is a fool who repeats his folly.

@MayflowerElectronics, my amplifier arrived today.  Since I haven't yet purchased the other headphones, I didn't really need to turn it up too far in order to reach a comfortable listening volume.  Just out of curiosity about the noise floor, I turned the volume all the way up with no sound.  There was no audible static until I activated the gain switch.  About halfway turned, there was static which became slightly louder at full volume.  I would imagine this is true of any amplifier or audio equipment at a certain point, but again I have no expertise in audio engineering.  Thought it was worth inquiring about.

@MayflowerElectronics, my amplifier arrived today.  Since I haven't yet purchased the other headphones, I didn't really need to turn it up too far in order to reach a comfortable listening volume.  Just out of curiosity about the noise floor, I turned the volume all the way up with no sound.  There was no audible static until I activated the gain switch.  About halfway turned, there was static which became slightly louder at full volume.  I would imagine this is true of any amplifier or audio equipment at a certain point, but again I have no expertise in audio engineering.  Thought it was worth inquiring about.

Is this with the ODAC or without? You'll still pick up noise with most sources at max volume at max gain. Although just a note - Listening to music at that volume will make you deaf and clip with most headphones.