What should I review next?

1 hour ago, xXRaineXx said:

Hey Linus! I got a very interesting Korean brand that I want you to look at!

very nice case and keyboard to 

One thing I've seen advertised by Fractal Design is the ability to expand their S36 or 24 lines of loops, but I haven't seen anyone do it.

Why not make a video expanding the S36 to include a video card and check performance and see if it lives up to the claims?

It is probably about 6 years too late for this but I wish there would have been a video about a proper dual xeon gaming machine. They did their video about the $150 one and while that was cool, it was janky and I would like to see something that is properly made for gaming. Like if they bought the evga sr-2 and used it in a build. They could overclock two  6 core xeons on it and then compare it to a threadripper 1920x

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

You should review the Garmin brand of smart watches.. you could also review the solar batteries bank chargers, are they any good? How many times can they charge? How long do they take to charge? 

wouldnt mind a Review of whats the safest buy q1 2018.. safest in the way of longevity, cpu/gpu/mobo/ram/case/monitor etc ... ;)

On 1/28/2015 at 7:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

This 

I want to know what it is

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAE8D6FA0286

or this

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1NV6R56068

• 2 weeks later...

I’d personally like to direct you to what I’ve been working with some lately, which are LED video matrix walls. Whatever kind of budget you want to throw at it would be fun to see how it turns out for gaming and other applications. I mean, how many people have been to a concert lately and thought, but can that giant screen run Minecraft? 

On ‎01‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 9:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

Just want some community feedback on this. Most of these things are already in the queue to some degree. Just trying to prioritize...

Seeing some more server stuff would be awesome. Honestly my favorite videos of yours are the server ones, I have probably watched the entire server room update playlist 6 or 7 times

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

So I was browsing Kickstarter, and I saw this.

Another motion-activated charger, like this old one.

Maybe you could see if their tech is any better? (I know, it probably won't happen for forever because it's kickstarter...)

Also this speaker is insane, and would work well with your "12K" projector setup - potentially. (Also kickstarter)

But wait, there's more!

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IVTVK3W
Now, I'm not sure if you've seen this thing, but it's pretty cool. You guys should definitely check it out. (Smart Home Hub/Alarm Clock/Youtube Sub Counter/Twitter Follower Counter/Much More)

https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/
27,000mAh battery bank... but the best thing about it is... it has an AC adapter! This means it can charge your laptop, or other low-power-draw AC devices.

*Deep breath*

https://chargeasap.com/shop
Another magnetic charging cable, which is apparently decent. You'll love it, it's got gold-plated connectors ;)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07418VSVR/
A sunrise alarm clock, because who doesn't love waking up with the (simulated) sun? It's also good for you, if you care about that.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01ET1OTV6/
Levitating bluetooth speaker - and it's Star Wars. What's not to love?

Whew, the list is done. (Note: All amazon links to amazon.ca, for your convenience. :))

maybe good affordable music headphones, <100 thinking in ATH M40X, HD280 PRO, HD 519,  MDR 7506??

On 1/28/2015 at 10:24 PM, LinusTech said:

Hey guys,

I know you are looking for recommendations, but I do have a request to remove something. I personally don’t find interest in the ergonomic keyboard videos.

The budget series is a good watch, but It’s not frequent enough. My biggest recommendation is definitely a weekly “LMG just got a _____ from massdrop! Is it any good?” Video series. Many interesting things are from massdrop, and its always fun to see exclusive new items that are cheap being reveiwed.

If you do end up reading this, I would like to thank you for listening to my feedback. It means a lot, especially as someone that does not frequently have a say in many things that I do.

Keep the content strong!

On 1/23/2018 at 3:47 AM, Keith W said:

How about a review and comparison of some consumer grade home NAS?

I personally second this. Very good idea. Speaking of consumer grade, I feel as if many OEM machines and many typical consumer purchases tend to stay away from the produced content. Hell, budget laptops are always interesting and I would like to see much more content on laptops in the very low price range, weather  they be chrome books, MacBooks, or windows laptops, I hope that more content can be made on these devices.

another personal thank you for reaching out to the community for ideas and help. Feels good to have a say.

On 1/28/2015 at 7:27 PM, MrBucket101 said:

@LinusTech

I was looking for a new office chair, right around the time your first gaming chair video came out. I honestly didn't know there was such a big market for "gaming" chairs. But I LOVE the chair that I bought shortly after your review. It'd be nice if you reviewed some other options to prove (or disprove) the maxnomic chair is superior.

TL;DR MOAR GAMING CHAIRS KTHXBYE

I bought 3 other "Gaming/Office" style chairs in the $300-350 range, and returned them all. I bought a Maxnomic Office Comfort chair and haven't looked back. 

They're simply superior to the other options in the same price range. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

FuzeDrive for RYZEN 

http://www.enmotus.com/amd

It makes all of your drives appear as 1 drive to the OS & migrates frequently used data to faster drives like a hybrid drive. The best part is that you don't have to reformat to use it. 

I think I want to buy this, but I want an honest review of it first. 

monitor mounting solution, vesa desk mount vs included stand. or just different ways to set up multiple monitors.

I think you should do Smart Tampon Technology. I could swear I remember an old WAN show discussing the smart phone device that does sperm count, so I think you should expand and include women's health issues too.

I didn't know it was a thing until recently, thanks to your most recent video.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/wellness/news/a38527/smart-tampons/

Not to entirely popular topic on Google searching, but I'm sure you guys have people in industry.

#tampongate

Being a little sarcastic, but I think it would be cool to see you guys pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...

What happened to Kickfarted and Pimp my Wi-Fi?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

OMEN X Laptop - 17t 16gb please review. It is a very powerful, underrated laptop.