Which GTX 970?

BigChimp97

I am thinking of getting the msi too. it is the obvious choice but me and 2 other friends love our windforce cooler too. they would get it again but i think i will try the msi one i I have any money left after christmas and if i can sell my 770. 

zotac omega or msi. nothing else is relevant for me at this moment.

The G1 has the backplate which would mean lower temps on the actual bored... plus man it looks nice. I know i could get the MSI at the same performance but im just wondering if the temps would stay the same... hmmm

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

The G1 has the backplate which would mean lower temps on the actual bored... plus man it looks nice. I know i could get the MSI at the same performance but im just wondering if the temps would stay the same... hmmm

the backplate on the g1 does not like on any other graphicscard improve the temperature on the actual gpu. it does, at most, lower vram and pcb temperatures wich will not give you any performance-improvements as the 970 does not or just minimal profit from memoryoverclocking. it just looks really good just like you said. but for me that does not matter very much as i am more concerned about the acoustics and less about the looks. also the msi card is not really that hot under load from what i've seen on the internet. 

btw i like your profile-gif :D made me smile 

The cooling capacity of the gigabyte is better but the sound it makes is (in my opinion) worse than the msi or zotac. I don't know if it makes sense to decide between them because the msi has to rev up higher to stay cool and propably gets loud that way but the gigabyte is loud on lower rpm but doesn't have to spin up that high..... but pro for msi is that the fans don't even spin up in idle ( up to 60°C ) if i'm correct, wich make it 0 db and the absolute winner in idle and light usage

wow... pretty empty here...

the backplate on the g1 does not like on any other graphicscard improve the temperature on the actual gpu. it does, at most, lower vram and pcb temperatures wich will not give you any performance-improvements as the 970 does not or just minimal profit from memoryoverclocking. it just looks really good just like you said. but for me that does not matter very much as i am more concerned about the acoustics and less about the looks. also the msi card is not really that hot under load from what i've seen on the internet. 

The cooling capacity of the gigabyte is better but the sound it makes is (in my opinion) worse than the msi or zotac. I don't know if it makes sense to decide between them because the msi has to rev up higher to stay cool and propably gets loud that way but the gigabyte is loud on lower rpm but doesn't have to spin up that high..... but pro for msi is that the fans don't even spin up in idle ( up to 60°C ) if i'm correct, wich make it 0 db and the absolute winner in idle and light usage

i also prefer performance over aesthetics. I wonder if its possible to reduce the threshold of the fan... I wouldnt want my card sitting around 50 idle. It would be interesting to find out if you can make it so the fan turns on at 40 degrees or so

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Well, I just bought two MSI GTX 970s. Haven't had experience in using them yet because my case was broken upon delivery and I'm waiting for the replacement, but I was reading a forum post somewhere, and honestly, I think you'll be happy with either one. I forget what swayed me in the direction of the MSI, but I do know that I would only consider the Gigabyte or the MSI based on my findings.

Also, what mobo do you have? I went with an MSI mobo, so I got the MSI GPUs to go with it. Not sure if that matters at all, but still. Food for thought I guess. :P

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Would anyone recommend 970 STRIX or EVGA ACX 2.0?

And OP, I have same exact dilemma as you... :ph34r:

MSI Gaming G4 is the best in terms of overclockability, noise and temps. - Also among the least coilwhine

my Friend's and my gtx 970 g4 has a buzzing sound :( rip, doesn't bug me though, can't hear through headset

Well, I just bought two MSI GTX 970s. Haven't had experience in using them yet because my case was broken upon delivery and I'm waiting for the replacement, but I was reading a forum post somewhere, and honestly, I think you'll be happy with either one. I forget what swayed me in the direction of the MSI, but I do know that I would only consider the Gigabyte or the MSI based on my findings.

Also, what mobo do you have? I went with an MSI mobo, so I got the MSI GPUs to go with it. Not sure if that matters at all, but still. Food for thought I guess. :P

My mobo is an ASUS Sabertooth :) and thanks for the help! Would be great if you could find that page you were on about

Would anyone recommend 970 STRIX or EVGA ACX 2.0?

And OP, I have same exact dilemma as you... :ph34r:

The reason that I ruled out the Strix was because its cooling potential wasn't as good, and it had lower performance. For a higher price than the MSI. EVGA is only because i havent heard many people say good things about it

My mobo is an ASUS Sabertooth :) and thanks for the help! Would be great if you could find that page you were on about

I believe this is the forum post I was talking about: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2311513/evga-msi-gigabyte-asus-gtx-970.html

The fourth post down gives some pros and cons on the Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte. And some other posts in that thread also give some good insight, in my opinion.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I believe this is the forum post I was talking about: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2311513/evga-msi-gigabyte-asus-gtx-970.html

The fourth post down gives some pros and cons on the Asus, MSI, and Gigabyte. And some other posts in that thread also give some good insight, in my opinion.

Thanks for that! Would you let us know how your 970's perform when everything is up and running?

The one thing that i dont like about the fans not spinning up is that at idle they get alot hotter than the Gigabyte card, do you know if you can lower the threshold of when the fans turn on?