Windforce vs Twin Frozer vs DirectCU ?

I have a windforce card and its not as quiet as I would like it to be,

DirectCUII because of looks.

The fans on that Asus card don't match.

they're not meant to. i believe the back one is more exhaustive of air, i.e it spits the air out the back of the case, rather then circulating it

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

i would vote for asus, not just because of direct CUII, even though that's beastly!

asus just seem to be thought out alot, high quality etc. even for the extra premium, i'd rather pay for a card that will do better then i'd ever imagine, then just do its job with only a few numbers less on the price tag

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

The fans on that Asus card don't match.

They ate meant to cool different components. One fan has memory chips under it, so the different blade design allows it to cool it better along with the heatsink.

Gpu's are not symetrical so asus took the time to design two different fans for different purposes. You won't see much difference in temps, but Asus is known for taking things over the top~ (Ares, Mars, ROG, Poseidon)

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k @4.3Ghz *cooled by Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme* | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy-M | Motherbord: Asus P8Z77-M Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8gb @1600mhz | Video Card: Asus HD7870 @1180/1300 |

Power Supply: Corsair HX650 Monitor: LG 22EN43 | KeyBord: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid  | Mouse: Corsair M60 | Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z|Headset : Audio Techinca ATH-M50 |

Storage : Sandisk Extreme 120gb and 1tb Seagate Barracuda |

moar fans= better so gigabyte windforce x3 is the second best. the sapphire toxic is the best.

Not always, more fans also mean more sources of noise. The MSI card uses bigger than average fans, so the 2 giant fans could potentially move more air than 3 smaller fans.

Cpu: Intel i5 3570k @4.3Ghz *cooled by Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme* | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy-M | Motherbord: Asus P8Z77-M Ram: Patriot Viper 3 8gb @1600mhz | Video Card: Asus HD7870 @1180/1300 |

Power Supply: Corsair HX650 Monitor: LG 22EN43 | KeyBord: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid  | Mouse: Corsair M60 | Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster Z|Headset : Audio Techinca ATH-M50 |

Not always, more fans also mean more sources of noise. The MSI card uses bigger than average fans, so the 2 giant fans could potentially move more air than 3 smaller fans.

i know. i was just joking.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Msi for me. But one things I would like more manufacturers to do is put more design into the parts of the card we can actually see

• 2 weeks later...

Msi for me. But one things I would like more manufacturers to do is put more design into the parts of the card we can actually see

Get a inverted motherboard designes case.

I wish Asus went back to their old style of Direct cu cooler, they looked a lot better

Msi all the way.

under full load i get 55°C with 100% fanspeed with 1332/7150mhz. I'd call that decent.

wow... pretty empty here...

I think that twin frozr is the creme de la creme of air coolers, its metal and rugged, quiet (from what ive heard), cheap, and looks damn fine imo.

Agreed though my Twin Frozr has a plastic shroud instead of a metal one, still sexy though :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Have had experiences with Windforce and DirectCU, Windforce with my current GTX 680 and DirectCU with my 7yr old brothers GTX 560.

Now the cards and coolers are different, so it would be crazy to compare them, but they are excellent coolers against their competition.

My Windforce wont go over 50c without my overclock and 55c with overclock. At stock fan profile. Also the fans are super quiet on the triple fan, triple slot card.

Twin Frozr, but haha, anyone stop to consider how stupid these cooler names are? lmao

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Twin Frozr, but haha, anyone stop to consider how stupid these cooler names are? lmao

The taiwanese are pretty bad at naming things. Eg. Thermaltake, pegASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ect ect

• 1 year later...

I have used gigabytes Windforce cooler for a long time and had no problems with it. A friend of mine hat a MSI Twin Frozr IV. We both had the same card - r9 270x. And mine cooler held around 5 to 4 degrees lower temps than his, but the fan speed on the twin frozr never exceeded 28 -30%, while mine fan speed ramped up to 49%. But even at that fan speed the card was not that obnoxious to the ear, so i personally would go with the windforce cooler.

moar fans= better so gigabyte windforce x3 is the second best. the sapphire toxic is the best.

Sapphire vapor x is equal or better to tri x

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have used gigabytes Windforce cooler for a long time and had no problems with it. A friend of mine hat a MSI Twin Frozr IV. We both had the same card - r9 270x. And mine cooler held around 5 to 4 degrees lower temps than his, but the fan speed on the twin frozr never exceeded 28 -30%, while mine fan speed ramped up to 49%. But even at that fan speed the card was not that obnoxious to the ear, so i personally would go with the windforce cooler.

Sapphire vapor x is equal or better to tri x

Please DO NOT respond to old threads. The last response in here was over a year ago. If needed, please start a new thread. 

Thank-you.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99