CoD AW - requirements and discussion

7850OC

Can anyone tell me how populated the multiplayer is? I kinda want to play this but my experience with PC COD games in the past has always been that like 99% of players are playing TDM so you can't find any matches in the other modes. and I think TDM is boring as hell

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

1 - what CPU and GPU and RAM you have ? 2600K at 4 Ghz, Crossfire 290's ( only 1 usable in COD) and 8 Gb 1600 Mhz of HyperX's

2 - can you play CoD AW ? I should be able to play it but there are many bugs that make it really hard to actually enjoy it. First of all I can't seem to get past the "connecting to AW servers" most of the time, When I do get in a match, there is some annoying lagg considering the net connection, and the unexplainable system lag, which should be gone with disabling shadows. The beginning of matches make my system go 20-30 fps. and barely smooth during the rest. Really hope these problems are resolved soon.

3 - do you like it ? I kinda like it for the 1 match it worked like it should have. It has a lot of potential when all the bugs are ironed out.(hopefully)

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Have fun with the 5 dvd's!

I'd prefer that than spending 3 days downloading 50GB - My internet takes 27 hours to download BF3 so, It's going to be a long time, I don't mind installing from disk as I'm one of the few that still use disk drives lmao.

Can anyone tell me how populated the multiplayer is? I kinda want to play this but my experience with PC COD games in the past has always been that like 99% of players are playing TDM so you can't find any matches in the other modes. and I think TDM is boring as hell

35,000 People on the other day, Like 3rd day it was out.

Today when I checked: 10,031 people in game.

Meanwhile, Black Ops II has 3,710 people online -.- haha.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

Said no one ever...

Until the Mouse problems have been patched it's a viable solution, if your good enough.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

the true... i will not buy a dual core cpu to run this game friend  :blush:

(not even sure if they can)

Uh, I'm a 13-year-old kiddo on a budget, but I'll look for maybe an i5-4440?

Since the Core i3 is a LOGICAL quad-core (dual-core with hyperthreading), shouldn't the game take some advantage of the threads...?

kompooterz.

Uh, I'm a 13-year-old kiddo on a budget, but I'll look for maybe an i5-4440?

Since the Core i3 is a LOGICAL quad-core (dual-core with hyperthreading), shouldn't the game take some advantage of the threads...?

yeah... get the i5 friend (that 4440 looks good)

1  i7 4790k, r9290x crossfire, 16 gigs of ram 1600mhz

2 ya but dont like most of the stuff, and the lagg is horrendous on most games with host migration kicking me off every other game

3 Cant stand multiplayer, seriously feels like slow titanfall with no parkour and crap guns, i doo like the orbital drop care pakage, killed 2 people with it falling on them

So far, I've had COD AW installed in two of my four rigs....my 2nd rig in sig, and my HTPC rig - C2Q X9650 @3.7ghz + 8GB RAM + HD7970 + 64bit Win7 HP. Silky smooth, no hitching, stutter whatsoever at 1080P, though I'd half expected such issue to crop up. Finished 'Induction' level and on my 2nd mission. The load time for the game is one of the longest I've seen in any game.

Two options were grayed out for me using AMD GPU, the options regarding shadows prolly due to it being proprietary to nVidia I guess (can't recall exactly what they were). On my 2nd rig, with the dual GTX670's they were available to me. I've hard the game don't play nice with CF setups, hence waiting for a CF profile before I'd install it in my main and 3rd rigs....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

i3-3220

Gtx 660

8 GB ram

Run on call of duty "automatic" settings at 1080p with vsync off (vsync drops major frames for me) but I play pretty smoothly once my cpu gets some momentum. First 25 seconds or so of every game, i drop hella frames, then butter smooth. 

I like it, first real COD i've played, and Im liking it so far.

1- i7-4770k, 7870 crossfire, 16GB ram

2-yes

3-I still don't have the game but it's really tempting, looks so damn fun.