What kind of cpu specs does it take to record multiple 1080p from webcam?

Nattan

Well long story short, I am trying to catch someone vandalizing cars outside my apartment complex. Currently my setup is cheap ( as i am not the owner and can not put up real camera's). I have one camera recording via a laptop and steaming to my nas, I would like to add another webcam so i can cover more of the parking lot, but I have limited recording options on a mac, and every time I start a new recording the files seem to "hang" for 30 seconds or so. ( I only restart it once its hit 12 hours so I dont have to pan through a full days worth of footage if nothing was damaged).

I am considering building a budget pc for this purpose (as i personally already have over 2k in paint damage and i would just love to catch the person responsible).

Would a 2.5ghz dual core work for my purposes? I already have the storage end covered with a 5.4TB nas with a 240 GB ssd cache so saving the files is no problem. I just need to be able to record them with 0 frame loss. 

Or would i be better off just going the route of a traditional security system that comes with cams? ( i have seen them around $200-500 on ebay, and i would just go with the cheapest one with infrared cams

Edit:

The reason i cant use my current system as it is a mac and really lacks recording features that support webcams, and you cant multi record.

Edit2:

Cam quality day/night

MVyKZzm.jpg

OenMaGQ.jpg

My Setup:

CPU: I7-3930k @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H100 in PP /w NF-F12 | MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS LGA 2011 | RAM  32 GB Mushkin Redline @  2133  | GPU:  (2) Sapphire 7970 GHz 6G edition | Case:  NZXT Switch 810 | Storage: Raid 0: Mushkin ssd total 480 GB | PSU: XFX ProSeries 1250W

Displays: (3) Acer GD235HZbid (120 hz) with a Ergotech Triple Monitor ArmStand /w telescoping wings | Keyboard: Xarmor black backlight mechanical with cherry blues | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD  | Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 and Astro A-40's

I don't know how to tell you this but i feel as this is pointless. Get a security kit and use that t would be better and where are you setting up the cameras can you even get the guys face?

I don't know how to tell you this but i feel as this is pointless. Get a security kit and use that t would be better and where are you setting up the cameras can you even get the guys face?

ya, its surprisingly good quality considering the conditions. I uploaded some sample pics

My Setup:

CPU: I7-3930k @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H100 in PP /w NF-F12 | MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS LGA 2011 | RAM  32 GB Mushkin Redline @  2133  | GPU:  (2) Sapphire 7970 GHz 6G edition | Case:  NZXT Switch 810 | Storage: Raid 0: Mushkin ssd total 480 GB | PSU: XFX ProSeries 1250W

Displays: (3) Acer GD235HZbid (120 hz) with a Ergotech Triple Monitor ArmStand /w telescoping wings | Keyboard: Xarmor black backlight mechanical with cherry blues | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD  | Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 and Astro A-40's

ya, its surprisingly good quality considering the conditions. I uploaded some sample pics

If you can get a really cheap camera and put it in your car you might have a better chance just don't put a laptop or something in there.

the only other thing i considered is that the key marks/ scratches are kid height, so they might not even be seen from the car cam ( i drive the truck )

edit: and my windows are 10% grade tint, so that would also limit the camera quality at night which is when I think it is happening

My Setup:

If it's a kid, simply printing out an official looking sign saying "This vehicle is under surveillance" and sticking them on the cars might work.