Is it safe to put your gaming rig on cardboard?

Go to solution Solved by RainColt,

Been doing the cardboard case for a few years now.

post-1173-0-71333300-1413409931_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-65695700-1413409729.jpg

This is quite funny. I just moved and my new room has REALLY thick carpet. and i got no wooden planks NOR i wanna go to a supply store to find one. the only thing i got is a newegg box. Is it safe to put a piece of carboard under my PSU spot?

I wouldn't really recommend it.

If you have a harder object such as your desk that you could put it on that would be better, but if cardboard is all you have then just put a few layers down, something is better than nothing between the carpet and case, except for water...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

yep

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I would get a few sheets and it should be fine, it will just move around easier.

As long as there is airflow and the computer keeps cool when the computer is under stress then its fine. i myself have my computer on carpet with may be a bad idea yet my computer is not venting from the bottom with means it don't matter.

You could flip the psu so it takes air from inside the case instead.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Can i really do that magicistic wizurd

If your case has the mounting holes to mount it fan-side-up you can, yes. Most cases do have them. It does mean the psu takes in the warmer case air, but they're designed to be able to cope with that.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

My case too is made of MDF which is pretty much cardboard.

Why though? Why not get a awesome case.

Why make a computer in a fishtank? because it's something nobody else has, everybody and there dog has a NZXT switch 810 or some other popular case but I have a cardboard box and that is a pretty cool thing to see for someone who knows nothing about computers. Also i'm cheap.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Why make a computer in a fishtank? because it's something nobody else has, everybody and there dog has a NZXT switch 810 or some other popular case but I have a cardboard box and that is a pretty cool thing to see for someone who knows nothing about computers. Also i'm cheap.

How do you kill a hipster?

Drowning him in the mainstream.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

How do you kill a hipster?

Drowning him in the mainstream.

How do you get in the running for build log of the week and have a viable chance of winning without a sponsor? Answer: Spend alot of money or do some that hasn't been done before.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?