New Asus LGA1150 Motherboard Colour

So i was browsing Tech Powerup, and i saw this article, and it looks like ASUS will be moving away from their classic blue on black MOBO colour scheme.
I think its about time to see something fresh from them , but i would have loved to see an all black version.

Anyways here's a link to the article 

http://www.techpowerup.com/184051/asus-announces-its-mainline-z87-classic-series-with-a-new-look.html

CPU-3030K @4.0 GHZ.  MOBO-ASUS P9X79 PRO.  RAM-16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600mhz.  Grapics- ASUS 560 Ti 2GB (waiting on a 780TI). Case-Corsair 600T. SSD- OCZ Agility 3 120GB(buyiung a samsun 840 EVO 500GB).  PSU - OCZ ZX850W. Cooler-Corsair H80. Keyboard-Logitech G19. Mouse-Logitech G700  :)

Mouse......out

Going to look so awesome with your bright red Radeon or bright green Nvidia graphics card.

Come to think of it gold and green might work, especially if you had something like a Zotac Nvidia card which has yellow accents anyway, point is in general I see colour matching being a bit of a pain with these boards, blue and red are the main colours out there, why jump from blue to gold all of a sudden?

I really do think Gigabyte had the right idea with their last Z77 boards (such as the UD4H and the UD5TH) where they are all black with grey/black heatsinks then only a blue stripe up them, so good and neutral and colour match into pretty much any system, I have one in my red themed PC and I appreciate it a lot considering how much Gigabyte boards used to stick out with their bright blue heatsinks and PCBs. Just take a look at these

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/CeBIT-2013-Gigabyte-Reveals-Three-Other-Haswell-Motherboards-4.jpg/

Gigabyte colour schemes have always been blue and these don't break that tradition, they will however fit in with other colour schemed builds.

I really wish more boards would take on neutral colour schemes, if you want to build a PC which looks incredible you really do have to take colour schemes into account when buying things like motherboards, and at this rate its really going to put people in a dilema of looks or performance, naturally the latter is a better and more sensible option but I never want a bright gold themed build.

Going to look so awesome with your bright red Radeon or bright green Nvidia graphics card.

Come to think of it gold and green might work, especially if you had something like a Zotac Nvidia card which has yellow accents anyway, point is in general I see colour matching being a bit of a pain with these boards, blue and red are the main colours out there, why jump from blue to gold all of a sudden?

I really do think Gigabyte had the right idea with their last Z77 boards (such as the UD4H and the UD5TH) where they are all black with grey/black heatsinks then only a blue stripe up them, so good and neutral and colour match into pretty much any system, I have one in my red themed PC and I appreciate it a lot considering how much Gigabyte boards used to stick out with their bright blue heatsinks and PCBs. Just take a look at these

http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/CeBIT-2013-Gigabyte-Reveals-Three-Other-Haswell-Motherboards-4.jpg/

Gigabyte colour schemes have always been blue and these don't break that tradition, they will however fit in with other colour schemed builds.

I really wish more boards would take on neutral colour schemes, if you want to build a PC which looks incredible you really do have to take colour schemes into account when buying things like motherboards, and at this rate its really going to put people in a dilema of looks or performance, naturally the latter is a better and more sensible option but I never want a bright gold themed build.

the ROG series motherboards still have the standard black and red look.

im looking at the EVGA motherboard thats coming out, its mostly black other than some small amounts of red, but they can be removed and sprayed a different colour without issues to the main components lol

Character artist in the Games industry.

Here is their design story and why they chose this color: http://rog.asus.com/230442013/news/asus-z87-design-story/

These builds would look very unique because of its gold heatsink and people can now differentiate an Asus board from another board. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This has been posted so many times :p.

I can't say I'm a fan of the new black and gold theme, I find it even worse than the theme they had going before :(...

Z87-C.jpg

Z87-PLUS.jpg

I embedded a few pics

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I can't say I'm a fan of the new black and gold theme, I find it even worse than the theme they had going before :(...

+1

I dunno, I think it could lead to some great builds.

/me waits for a new black and gold build log

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I'm stoked for the gold, I'm not building anything with Haswell though so I would have preferred that they waited for Skylake.

The best part being that less blue is always a good thing. Black + Blue these days is equivalent to beige in the 90's.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That colour scheme is so bad its not even funny. I understand that they want to make their products stand out but i know a lot of people that care about looks. I guess it the same reason noctua go with their terrible brown colour scheme.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I like gold, though I probably won't be building a new computer for a while. Admittedly, black and gold probably wouldn't go very well with much else unless other companies also made black and gold products...

So i was browsing Tech Powerup, and i saw this article, and it looks like ASUS will be moving away from their classic blue on black MOBO colour scheme.

I think its about time to see something fresh from them , but i would have loved to see an all black version.

Anyways here's a link to the article 

http://www.techpowerup.com/184051/asus-announces-its-mainline-z87-classic-series-with-a-new-look.html

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13176-asus-unveiles-new-z87-motherboards-for-haswell