HD4000 driver will not work!

xCaliber8x

I have a pc with two gpus, one is integrated into my i5 3570k and another dedicated, an AMD HD7770 from xfx. I use the AMD almost all the time but recently I swapped to the igpu to test things. this is when I saw that the desktop resolution was set to 640x800 and the windows aero wasn't working. Finding this strange I manually tried to activate the aero but was prompted with, this video driver is not compatible with aero, so I reinstalled it. yet it still doesn't work, it wont recognize the driver and the GfxUI.exe wont run. The amd catalyst  works just fine when using the dGPU.

Im out of ideas of trying to make it work, ive disabled the amd catalyst driver when using the iGPU and still nothing.

Please help!

Info is needed:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Asrock Z77E-ITX

HD7770 XFX black edition

Intel core i5 3570k ivy-bridge

I have i3-3220 and my drivers worked with like charm, no problem there, but I had to be conected directly to the iGPU, aka the motherboard. However, since I have bought a dedicated GPU I have my monitor connected to that card. That causes me to not be able to install driver for my iGPU, which is to be expected, when it's not running.

So if you want to use you HD 4000, you have to have your monitor connected to the motherboard and then you can install the drivers from Intel for your iGPU. However if you play games and want more performance just connect your monitor to your HD7770 (I don't see a reason to have it, if you don't use it) and install AMD drivers only. Your PC won't detect the HD 4000 at all, because it is not running.

I hope this helped you a little bit.

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I did plug the hdmi cable into the back of the mobo when installing the drivers, but still nothing.

Its no biggie really, I use the hd7770 more often, if not always, I just wanted to get it too work.

The AMD drivers won't work with the Intel IGP, so did you install the Intel drivers?

Also, unless you physically remove the HD7770, the Intel IGP is probably automatically disabled in the BIOS.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

Yes I have tried that exact driver.

The AMD drivers won't work with the Intel IGP, so did you install the Intel drivers?

Also, unless you physically remove the HD7770, the Intel IGP is probably automatically disabled in the BIOS.

Ive checked the bios and the feature is set to load on the iGPU.

And yes, the drives are "installed" but they don't work.

Yes I have tried that exact driver.

Ive checked the bios and the feature is set to load on the iGPU.

And yes, the drives are "installed" but they don't work.

Can you explain them "not working"?

What are you not seeing or not being able to do else to activating aero?

The GFxUI.exe which is supposed to be able to be launchable from right clicking the desktop and navigating to the graphics option menu, its not, and also when launching it from the system32 folder it also doesn't run.

Also when running certain games and also virtu mvp, it says the video card driver is incorrect or not properly installed, also says its missing opengl.

Running dxdiag gives no feed back, the display tab is empty.

And even when I downgrade the driver, windows will always tell me it is the most up to date version.