Sennheiser HD 8DJs replace cable

I was wondering if anyone know a place where i can buy a shorter cable that can be used with the sennheiser hd 8 djs, before i bought it i thought it would have just a normal AUX-cable, but one of the ends has this really small connector instead of the normal 3,5 jack.

Do you need:

Straight or coiled?

What length?

What type of connector?

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

Straight, about 1 meter, and i dont know what connector it is, it looks like a tiny 3,5mm jack

You can go to the Sennheiser website here and type in HD8 DJ and a list of compatible accessories will pop up.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories

Also if you go to Amazon and type in "Sennheiser cable" you get a list of possible replacements. Then if you want you can go on the left side and select Sennheiser as a brand.

If you just want to make both ends the same then you can use an adapter which should have been included actually...

IMPORTANT:

Sennheiser has a locking mechanism at one end and that presents a problem. You also do not want to sacrifice any audio quality. After contacting Sennheiser and asking them they recommended asking at this website:

http://www.head-fi.org/

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6

You can go to the Sennheiser website here and type in HD8 DJ and a list of compatible accessories will pop up.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories

Also if you go to Amazon and type in "Sennheiser cable" you get a list of possible replacements. Then if you want you can go on the left side and select Sennheiser as a brand.

If you just want to make both ends the same then you can use an adapter which should have been included actually...

IMPORTANT:

Sennheiser has a locking mechanism at one end and that presents a problem. You also do not want to sacrifice any audio quality. After contacting Sennheiser and asking them they recommended asking at this website:

http://www.head-fi.org/

Thanks! I'll check it out

Is it the same locking design as the momentum? If yes, you can find plenty of cheap options on eBay and Amazon.

There is this at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Sennheiser-Headphone/dp/B00LVWSVM0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408709472&sr=1-1&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+8DJ+replacement+cable

1.2m and available in red also:

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Remote-connect-Sennheiser-headphone/dp/B00LXSG7CS/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408709472&sr=1-5&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+8DJ+replacement+cable

Not 100% how good it would work. You could try it and then if it is not compatible or sacrifices too much audio quality just get a refund. Amazon is usually pretty good about refunds.

I have to dismantle my computer now since I sold EVGA GTX 760 and i5-3350P on eBay...to get i7-3770K. Had one before and this says how much I miss it. My birthday is October 1st so I will see what Nvidia is doing by then... otherwise Christmas! Skyrim on an Ivy Bridge iGPU...I don't think so! :)

Don't they use a 2.5mm cable to a 3.5mm cable? There's a ton of them on eBay if so.

Yes but as I previously stated it needs the little locking mechanism and since Sennheiser sound so beautiful we don't wanna sacrifice any quality in sound...if at all possible.

Yes but as I previously stated it needs the little locking mechanism and since Sennheiser sound so beautiful we don't wanna sacrifice any quality in sound...if at all possible.

Lol the locking mechanism has nothing to do with sound quality.

There is this at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Audio-upgrade-Sennheiser-Headphone/dp/B00LVWSVM0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408709472&sr=1-1&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+8DJ+replacement+cable

1.2m and available in red also:

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Remote-connect-Sennheiser-headphone/dp/B00LXSG7CS/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1408709472&sr=1-5&keywords=Sennheiser+HD+8DJ+replacement+cable

Not 100% how good it would work. You could try it and then if it is not compatible or sacrifices too much audio quality just get a refund. Amazon is usually pretty good about refunds.

Thank you so much! :D

Lol the locking mechanism has nothing to do with sound quality.

If it has to do with the cable not coming unplugged. The quality and type of cable has everything to do with the sound quality.

Currently on MSI gaming laptop...it's taboo! :P

I think, if you get almost any micro-jack to mini-jack cable in your desired length, with the micro-jack end being very slim you could probably cut the grooves for the locking mechanism yourself. Although a bit hacky. But I really don't like when manufacturers use proprietary type of plugs. Would have been better if they used something like MMCX, mini-XLR or similar. No reason to use their own shit so that you are forced to buy their cables...

If it has to do with the cable not coming unplugged. The quality and type of cable has everything to do with the sound quality.

Unplugged cables don't produce a sound, so there's no quality to affect.

As long as you're not riding a mountain bike, they won't come off. Cable type has literally nothing to do with sound quality.

As long as you're not riding a mountain bike, they won't come off. Cable type has literally nothing to do with sound quality.

I disagree completely.

No guarantee of that

The little locking mechanism may or may not prove to be a necessity but it is a good safeguard to make sure that they do not keep getting unintentionally unplugged all the time. A cable without the little lock may work fine at first and then a year later you find that it is falling out after the hole is stripped out from prolonged tension. If you think about it that way then it may be a good thing that it does have the lock. Sennheiser is a great company for headphones, microphones, etc. Their products usually have plenty of quality for the money. With a straight cable there is going to be less play then you would normally have in a coiled one. The lock and the coiled cable may just seem like nuissances, but chances are that they are there for good reasons.

While the hardware & headphones are the most important as far as audio quality, the cable can make a difference too. Amount of copper in a cable determines how well the cable can maintain signal strength, regardless of the type of signal being carried. The insulation can prevent interference and signal loss. This works for audio, video, coax, ethernet, HDMI, etc. For an audio cable that means clearer sound and I would say that clarity of sound is pretty important. Otherwise why buy such a great pair of headphones?! A better quality cable is usually thicker guage with plenty of copper + well insulated + gold plated connectors. B)

The little locking mechanism may or may not prove to be a necessity but it is a good safeguard to make sure that they do not keep getting unintentionally unplugged all the time. A cable without the little lock may work fine at first and then a year later you find that it is falling out after the hole is stripped out from prolonged tension. If you think about it that way then it may be a good thing that it does have the lock. Sennheiser is a great company for headphones, microphones, etc. Their products usually have plenty of quality for the money. With a straight cable there is going to be less play then you would normally have in a coiled one. The lock and the coiled cable may just seem like nuissances, but chances are that they are there for good reasons.

You're making a way bigger deal outta this than needs to be made. No one's arguing against locking connectors on cables.

While the hardware & headphones are the most important as far as audio quality, the cable can make a difference too. Amount of copper in a cable determines how well the cable can maintain signal strength, regardless of the type of signal being carried. The insulation can prevent interference and signal loss. This works for audio, video, coax, ethernet, HDMI, etc. For an audio cable that means clearer sound and I would say that clarity of sound is pretty important. Otherwise why buy such a great pair of headphones?! A better quality cable is usually thicker guage with plenty of copper + well insulated + gold plated connectors. B)

Please don't make me or anyone else prove just how wrong you are. We have better things to do than repeating what's already been said in multiple places on the web. If you want a nice cable because it's nice, that's fine, but don't try to convince other people it sounds better.

You're making a way bigger deal outta this than needs to be made. No one's arguing against locking connectors on cables.

Please don't make me or anyone else prove just how wrong you are. We have better things to do than repeating what's already been said in multiple places on the web. If you want a nice cable because it's nice, that's fine, but don't try to convince other people it sounds better.

Nobody was even talking to you. I'm just telling the truth. As a former Comcast guy and current IT with a degree don't make me prove how wrong YOU are. Don't you have something better to do than to be a thorn in my side? Because you read it on the web it must be true? I will quote text books and to hell with your websites! This is why I hate forums...it's people like you that ruin it for good people who are only trying to help someone.

I will quote text books and to hell with your websites! 

So do it. Real information proving that cable design matters at all for headphone sound is so lacking on Head-Fi that that's why we don't think it matters.

So do it. Real information proving that cable design matters at all for headphone sound is so lacking on Head-Fi that that's why we don't think it matters.

OK I will! Head Fi was a website that Sennheiser recommended. I never even heard of that website. While I am busy quoting reputable sources. Here is something for your ignorance.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/minnesota-audio-society-conducts-cable-comparison-tests-0