Gaming Graphics Card.

Caution

ey guys,

I'm building a gaming pc soon, I just was wondering what graphics card to get? I want to get for 2 main reasons:

- Play Games such as Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops II or/and Battlefield 3.
- Editing Videos / Designing Pictures Using Adobe Products.

I don't care about any feature, I just want a perfect graphics card that will last me for long time. Everyday I'm getting a headache because of this, its really a hard decision for me.

Info may help you:
I will be using 24" Monitor & i7 3770K Processor.

*Note: Please help me by not saying "or" because it makes me 100% confused.

Thanks,.

yeah, what's your budget? how much can you spend on it?

buget?

1000$ MAX. can pay more only if it worth.

As Eddyall said, what budget are you looking at? Where would you be buying from (country / website)? You say you use a 24inch monitor, what resolution do you play at?

I haven't got the monitor yet. I will appreciate it if you could link me to a monitor + link to a GPU. (Monitor For Gaming & At least 24, maybe 27"?)

1000$ MAX. can pay more only if it worth.

Is it a $1000 budget for the whole system? If so you will want to buy a graphics card for about $200/$250 so the AMD HD 7870 would probably be your best choice. I would suggest the MSI version.

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

Is it a $1000 budget for the whole system? If so you will want to buy a graphics card for about $200/$250 so the AMD HD 7870 would probably be your best choice. I would suggest the MSI version.

uhm, I can pay 500 ~ 700$ for the graphics card. But if it worth ..!

for 5-7 hundred go with the 780!

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

uhm, I can pay 500 ~ 700$ for the graphics card. But if it worth ..!

Then go with GTX 780 of you can spend that much. That's around $650 I believe

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

If your budget for GPU + monitor is 1000$  then a GTX770 will allow you to spend enough on the monitor.

You'll have to wait however because the 770 isn't out yet, it should be announce it week. (And maybe it won't be great performance/price vs 780)

780 would be the second best choice, don't go for a Titan unless you plan on having multiple monitor.

Edit: the 770 should be around 450$

for 5-7 hundred go with the 780!

Then go with GTX 780 of you can spend that much. That's around $650 I believe

If managed to collect 1000$ for the GPU, is there any graphics card that worth it?

If managed to collect 1000$ for the GPU, is there any graphics card that worth it?

No because you only have 1 screen.

So now, You really helped me alot. but, what will happen if i used a gfx titan on 1 monitor? will i get the same benefits as the gtx 780? because later im thinking of getting 2 monitors.

780 for one monitor is the better option, because you won't likely see the difference.

770 should be Better for your wallet, if you plan your rig correctly then you could upgrade for SLI. (But since it's only for 1 screen again it doesn't really make any sense)

The advantage of the Titan vs. the 780/770 is the 6Gb of vRAM, which is only good for multi screen ATM.

Is the GTX 780 enough for both gaming and editing videos?

More than enough, even for two screens. 

Video editing does not take much GPU power, will be no problem for the 780(or 770).

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Not really. Difference between Titan and 780 is very small. No point in +400$

Yes. Cuda, and very nice gaming GPU.

Asus PB27 something, PLS monitor, 5ms gtg, 27" 1440p. What I'd get if I was shopping for monitors right now ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

if your going to get a 7870 get the Tehiti Le Version as its a lot faster then the 7870 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

If you are going to be playing at 1080p a baseline card would probably be a 7870 as guys above said. Due to your price range though, you could probably go with a 780 if you really wish. It would work fine with the i7 and would literally kill everything on one screen at least for ages.

An idea is to wait for the further Nvidia 7XX series to be released and see what's on offer.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

i dont get why everyone saying 780 i know budget is around 500-700 but doesnt make sense if he is only using 24inch monitor at 1080...

I suggest get the gtx 680 they go for 300 - 400 2gb and 4gb version...

OP ill sell you my EVGA gtx classified 590 for 400... this will give you at least 90-100fps on that monitor... and if your going to use 3triple monitor it will give you 45-55FPS.. AVerage 50....

I would get the 780 if you have the money or if you want to go with the best bang for the buck card, go with the MSI Twin Frozr3/HIS IceQ X2 7950 which is for around half the price because these two cards can be overclocked to beat the 7970.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Last Question if you don't mind. There are 2 versions for the GTX 780, one normal and the other is superclocked with EVGA ACX COOLER. only 10$ difference, so what do you suggest me to bring?

if your going to get a 7870 get the Tehiti Le Version as its a lot faster then the 7870 

i got it last week. amazing for the money

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans