Corsair Air 540: Using two HDDs in the hotswap bays, not being picked up in BIOS

Gravt
Go to solution Solved by droidxd00d,

I had a similar issue with mine install in the air 540. My issue was they were not seated all the way into the hot swap bays. Make sure they have a solid click and press fully into the hot swap connectors

Hello there, fellow PC builders!

I'm just the the middle of a Windows install on a 1TB Samsung 840 EVO, but I'm to add 2 of my friend's older hard drives that are from his old computer that still contain data. Using the drive sleds in the main compartment of the case, I slid the HDDs into the hot swap bays and plugged the bays into a SATA power connector and the SATA 6Gbps port to the motherboard.

The 840 EVO was picked up just fine, yet the other two HDDs aren't being recgonized by the MSI UEFI BIOS.

If it helps, the motherboard is an MSI Z97-G45.

Do I need to reformat these drives? Is there something wrong with the hot swap bay? What must I do?

bloomfield is teh bes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had a similar issue with mine install in the air 540. My issue was they were not seated all the way into the hot swap bays. Make sure they have a solid click and press fully into the hot swap connectors

Perfect. We actually pushed them all the way in just out of curiosity before I came back to check. But that's exactly what it was!

>How are they not even on? Were they pushed in all the way?

/Pushes the drives in further

>Click

>Drives start up

Success.

bloomfield is teh bes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Haha same thing I did put up some pics of the system when you're done I love seeing air 540 builds. post-53762-14071378217546_thumb.jpg

post-53762-14071378217546_thumb.jpg