Case fans don't spin on PC boot

nicknack125

Hello! So I'm having an issue with my case fans not spinning on boot. However, if I give them a little push / blow on them, they then start spinning. I believe this is because the ASUS Fan Xpert fan control software I'm using doesn't run the fans at max speed on boot followed by slowing them down, and instead just tries to run them at 50% speed from the start. If this is the case, does anybody know of any other fan control software that does start the case fans at 100% on boot? Or is there a BIOS setting I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

i think there is an option of silent preformance etc in the bios so try tinkering around with that 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

My AI suite starts them at 100% so I think there is something in your bios.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I went into the BIOS, couldn't find any settings to get them to start up at 100%. I messed around with the fan profiles, but those are the same profiles you select within Fan Xpert, so no real different there. Have any other ideas? 

3pin or 4pin fans? With 3pin fans you should try to leave BIOS settings at auto or default/normal if you are using software. Atleast with my mobo any use of BIOS profiles makes software useless.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm using 3 pin fans. I'm using the default (no auto setting) setting in the software & bios, but still get this issue. However, my CPU fan is on the silent setting and does spin up on boot.

I'm using 3 pin fans. I'm using the default (no auto setting) setting in the software & bios, but still get this issue. However, my CPU fan is on the silent setting and does spin up on boot.

Is CPU fan also 3pin? I think this issue is because of how headers work. I don't know solution though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

CPU fan is 4pin, but the issue is definitely in software. After googling around a bit, apparently I just have an older ASUS BIOS that doesn't include the startup voltage option. Thanks for everyone's help though!