The big thing announced was the new shield tab

Sharif

i want the amd discovery gaming tablet... But it seems that it never will happen, so maybe i will buy one of this...

It seems like a lot of you are pissed off because you got yourselves hyped up about the 800 series, and are not listening to the "info" floating around about them. I was under no impression that we'd see the 800 series now. All indications are for later this year/etc.

I am happy with this tablet though. Is it your next video card that you're drooling about? Nope. But it is going to fill a very good role. It's not meant to be a kill-all gaming device, it's meant for those that are on the move more often, but who may still use it's functionality at home. I can see clearly where this tablet fits in, as I just spent nearly 3 months living off smartphones/tablets in an area where there weren't TV's/computers/consoles available.

I am personally looking at getting one, and the option of getting an LTE one is nice. Not sure which one I want to go with yet. I won't be getting the controller, as any gaming I'll be doing on it will be mobile games (I have a PC at home for serious gaming). I can see this being an iffy sale to the more serious gaming crowd, as there are a lot of gamers with blinders on their eyes, or that don't need/want one, which is understandable. I'm interested to see how this might branch out into "new" territory for nVidia though.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

For £239 I am now really considering buying it.

I thought about getting the Shield but decided to wait to see what the next product would be. Honestly would have just preferred an upgraded shield over the tablet. I wanted a shields so I could use it on Busses and Trains. Hard to use the new tablet setup in those situations. Also I would prefer a "console" device that I could leave at my TV to stream from my PC. That would be sweet and probably a lot cheaper. Love the idea of nice controllers.

Carbon Fire ITX PCCPU: i7-4770K@3.8Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 660 Cpu Cooler Corsair H80i Mobo: Asus Maximnus VI Impact RAM: Corsair 16gb 1600MHz PSU: Corsair CX500 Modular SSD: 2x120gb HDD: Seagate 2TB Keyboard:Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G700  Case Modded Bitfenix Prodigy

I maybe alone in this but honestly I'm in no way disappointed because well I'm not in the market for a new GPU right now and I'm sadly still stuck at 1080p so I've already got power to burn. However I've had a Nvidia Tegra Note 7 since December and I use it all the damn time granted I honestly don't do a lot of android gaming on it but it's for its cheap price a pretty beast little tablet I keep it with me allowing my phone to sit on the charge pad and be ready when I actually want to go out rather then flat from watching LTT videos from bed.  I'll gladly upgrade to this I mean its got 30% more gen and it's probably more powerful then a "Next Gen" console after all lol.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

wasn't keen on being a tablet, but damn that review on newegg sure showed it in best light possible and made me want it, but saving for something bigger and not tech related atm :D

tho

having to buy the controller separately, it's same problem as with surface 3 and it's keyboard

the tablet and controller should be bundled together

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

i wonder if you can use a bluetooth controller (like a dualshock 3) with the tablet...

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Might get the tablet but will wait for reviews first. Tablet looks a little thick but I hope the performance makes up for it.

My first thought was 'Holy Sh*t! Is that the new HTC One M9?!" Interesting they went with 16:10.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

i wonder if you can use a bluetooth controller (like a dualshock 3) with the tablet...

I'm going to assume you can seems you can with its baby brother the Tegra Note.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I'm going to assume you can seems you can with its baby brother the Tegra Note.

if it works with gamestream i might change my order to just the tablet... i wish there was some way to confirm this

EDIT: http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/22/nvidia-shield-tablet/

techcrunch says it will work with bluetooth controllers. I have no need for another controller given the fact that I have like 6 dualshock 3 controllers so I'm switching my order to just the tablet. I'd rather get the steam controller for use with my PC later on than get a controller that will only play nice with the tablet. (The capacitive buttons and trackpad could be usful using the tablet as a set-top box, however, so I may end out actually getting the controller at a later date).

EDIT 2: I'm going to europe soon and I'd rather not have controller issues. I'll be doing tests with the tablet and a ps3 controller but to save on shipping and stress i decided to re-add the shield controller. I also get the ability to hook up my headphones without a wire going to the tablet (through controller instead)  which is a pretty big feature for me considering I'd like to be using my big headphones when I play on the couch and a really long 3.5mm cable is not ideal.  The android buttons, trackpad, integrated mic and volume controls are also valuable features to me. The fact that memoryexpress pricematched nvidia.com and memoryexperess only charged GST and left out QST also took a bit of the sting out of the controller. 

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

Speakers are front facing. Linus must be happy.

$300 is actually really good, if I don't feel like saving up for the Surface 3 I might actually just pick this up.

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

The fact that it can be used as an everyday tablet as well as a gaming device interests me, although a keyboard attachment would have been awesome, the overpriced cover stand thing throws me off a lot, its like $40 for the cover alone !!!

Plus anyone considering buying a nexus 7 tablet can now buy this with the added bonus of being able to stream games for about an extra $70 i believe it was :D

Hopefully one day more tablets will have such functionality though.

If they expect people to buy the new controller and tablet to play games why would they not inlcude the case/stand for free? Like come on, you need to prop the thing up somehow to see if properly. Hopefully there's a discounted bundle.

It looks really promising especially with the support for twitch streaming and the ability to connect 4 controllers to it.  Big fan of the shield and it seems like nvidia understands how to give the customer what they want, while also creating a solid and reasonable product at a competitive price point.

Ugh so, I really want a portable gaming device. I commute 1.5hours each way for work so was really looking forward to this announcement. Early on we picked up it would be a tablet, I figured that's ok, you can jerry-rig the tablet and controller together and I can accept that for a gain in hardware specs.

Did anyone else hear that the controller connects through wifi and not Bluetooth. Reading between the lines I don't think you can use this controller with the tablet unless you are both on a wifi network, that renders portable gaming out completely. As stated above. It looks like it's 1. A tablet (which they state and that's totally cool) and 2. A portable SteamBox. Cool maybe... But not for me. I'll have a look at getting an original shield or a PS Vita...

305$ for the full set up, and the shield is 199$? id rather pay they 199$ and have a damn nice experience then buy another tablet..

Ugh so, I really want a portable gaming device. I commute 1.5hours each way for work so was really looking forward to this announcement. Early on we picked up it would be a tablet, I figured that's ok, you can jerry-rig the tablet and controller together and I can accept that for a gain in hardware specs.

Did anyone else hear that the controller connects through wifi and not Bluetooth. Reading between the lines I don't think you can use this controller with the tablet unless you are both on a wifi network, that renders portable gaming out completely. As stated above. It looks like it's 1. A tablet (which they state and that's totally cool) and 2. A portable SteamBox. Cool maybe... But not for me. I'll have a look at getting an original shield or a PS Vita...

the controller is wifi yes and it's connected with wifi direct so no need for a wifi hotspot

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

I was thinking of getting a tablet anyway so this is a compelling option. It looks like it has good graphics for mobile games. And being able to set it up for game stream as well at home would be useful.

My only issue is the controller. I don't have a console or any controllers at the moment and was planning to get one soon anyway but I wanted one to use with my pc. If this shield controller would also work with my pc I would be sold on all of this (or maybe there is a controller that would work with a pc and a shield tablet. Dual shock perhaps?)

Looks pretty sexy, now might be the time to get a tablet. Oh wait, I live in Australia and Nvidia doesn't know how to sell to the southern hemisphere.

This isn't bad. a beefed up android tablet with the ability to use the shield functionality. Yea if you already have a shield you won't want this but the fact you can use either is kinda cool.

1. I am buying this

2. How does the LTE work (UK), do i have to pay for it or is it unlimited ?

You can use your smartphone Sim card (if your phone has lte)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

They finally launched this in Denmark! Yes, yes and yes.

Also the tablet will be launched 27 August. So excited.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

At first I was really disappointed at NVidia for making just another tablet. Now, as long as they do update the original shield sooner or later, I think it could fit in. Also if it causes a price drop on the original shield, I will be quite happy. If I were to buy one, I would definitely not buy the controller, and use it just as a tablet. The ability to stream from a PC to a TV would be very compelling as well. All in all, its cool that NVidia is getting into this market, just as long as they don't dump the original shield concept.