experience with OCZ

Ramvens

Hey

I am about to buy a new PSU and I fall in love in an OCZ ModXStream. What are your experience with OCZ are they good or should I stay away from them?

I'm getting a new PC with their 850w PSU , hope it's good ;P

well, i hope for you it will be good. I need a new one, my other one is broken, and i am updating my case and PSU at the same time, new case because i am tired of the mess i have with my cables.

I have had their 550w bronze psu for about a year and it's working fine for me. OCZ's OEM is Seasonic so you're fine

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I have a 700w ModxStream and I'll warn you; the wires are short as balls. Make sure you're getting extensions, longer wires, or a different PSU if you're looking for decent cable management.

The ModXStream series are low-end, but they aren't too bad for the price. It's actually made by Highpower, uses medicore caps and performs ok. If possible I'd stretch for an M12II, but it should be fine.

OCZ are a decent brand for power supplies, I would recommend them. The ModXStream is an older unit and uses older components and can sometimes be a hit or miss and like MrJaayy says the cables are short so routing the cables around the back of the motherboard tray may result in making the cables too short. I would probably go with something else such as an Antec High Current Gamer 620-M, it's a great power supply and only $10 more than the ModXStream also semi-modular and manufactured by SeaSonic.

I currently have one and its really good power supply the only problem i had was that the 24 pin was slightly too short for my case (Haf 932 advanced) I have the Ocz Zt series 650 Watt and bronze it was fully modular and was around 90