GPU Overclocking Database Project

Some background story first:

Today I started the thought of overclocking my video card and went into the depths of the internet to find out suitable parameters for my GTX 560 SE (I know, kinda strange card to find around), and the best I could find was people asking of the numbers and other people telling them to google the question, which led me to the same place. The best answer was one person that used the 10Mhz up, check, 10Mhz up, Check, 10Mhz up, Check. Which I'm using right now, the thing is, as much devotion I like to have to my computer it is kind of a slow process, so I thought, What way to evade this for future checks??

An overclocking results database, or course.

This idea is also partitaly inspired on how Linus and Slick make public their OCing results, but on a much bigger scale. Everyone could post their own results, not mattering how crazy or convervative they are, it could even help some people get a little more confidence at ampening their clocks. Everyone could post whatever card they have, AMD, nVIDIA, damn, even integrated GPUs, everything in a huge database that everyone in the internet could see and consult.

Submissions could be made here with a screenshot or by just typing the numbers, or they could be edited directly into the database, or maybe submitted via a form. I'm still thinking about the details, but that's the basics of the project.

What do you guys think, would you participate??

Edit: Link to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4AReUTy6OsdFBJRWJwTTBIRE1OQlZrSmhFYlVVa2c#gid=0

Edit: please do not post your entries in this thread, You can go to http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16152-the-gpu-overclocking-database/ where you will find a link to the entry form as well as the spreadsheet

I think its a great idea! Good job Cobalt, haha your name is an element on the Periodic Table :P.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

GTX 670 PE

That's my card and I want to overclock it but I keep forgetting or chickening out, my first overclock.

I find the boost clock doesn't help my understanding.

You can second that for me as well :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Great idea, data coming in a few minutes!

Edit: Currently I am running a Asus GTX 680 DirectCU2 4GB:

680gputweak.png

These are my settings in Asus GPUTweak. The card boosts up to 1201 MHz on the Core, 7000 MHz on the memory, all on stock volts, while still remaining reasonable cool at around 85°C and inaudible due to the awesome cooler. Pretty good actually for a 4GB not-preoverclocked 680.

A few month ago I had a Powercolor Radeon HD7970 with an ArcticCooling Accelero Xtreme 7970 aftermarket cooler:

pictureji.jpg

With this cooler this card went absolutely crazy, this was the safe overclock without increasing volts, but I could push it to 1350 MHz on the core and 1880 MHz on the memory. Of course I had to increase the volts for that.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

if you need help with database or an app to fill database let me know or you can simply use google docs which i remembered bit late 

also you should collect ASIC value of the card

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

GTX 670 PE

That's my card and I want to overclock it but I keep forgetting or chickening out, my first overclock.

I find the boost clock doesn't help my understanding.

I tried overclocking but my card completely disregards it's boost clock and spends almost all it's time at 1300MHz anyway, so I don't even see the point in OC'ing it.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

if you need help with database or an app to fill database let me know or you can simply use google docs which i remembered bit late 

also you should collect ASIC value of the card

When i landed the idea I thought of docs but in my head it is a much bigger database, clasified by brand, type, model. So i would love the upgrade to a more powerful database format or if we could do that in docs it would be equeally as awesome :D

My old EVGA GTX 560SE sucked at OCing I mean I could boost it up 100Mhz from the factory clock but it did not do much and in fact made it perform a bit worse. I never had any luck with OCing as it just never resulted in enough gains in framerate to warrant messing around with in my exsperience.

Antec 100, Msi 870 G45, Asus Xonar DGX, Creative Inspire T10 2.0, Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D, 4gb Corsair ram, Gigabyte HD 7850, AMD Phenom II x4 B55 @ 3.6Ghz, Cooler Master Hyper 212+, 500GB WD Caviar Black, Cooler Master RX 460, Samsung SyncMaster 226bw

This would be difficult to do to keep accurate and have everyone participate. I wouldn't mind helping you out idea wise, or helping you with the project itself. For starters (literally just starting out) you could make it  email submission based google doc, and make it view-able. Make all entries require a screenshot of GPU-Z with load on the GPU, this way you root out any possible troll submissions (I have seen these before, luckily not on these forums though). Not to steal your thunder or anything, but I would really like to do this. Send me a pm, we can talk ideas :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

i hate this soo much but my overclock is capped because of the voltage regulator on this card 

here we go 1.225v 1250mhz(stock 900 on this card) 7850 1GB

i think i have to look in to using docs as database it is possible but i never tried it before ill let you know 

edit:

here is my entry

GPUZ

TEMPS 1   2

ASIC 

Card: MSI RV7850 1GB using stock cooler

Edited by Levent

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

And we have our very first entry https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4AReUTy6OsdFBJRWJwTTBIRE1OQlZrSmhFYlVVa2c#gid=0

Great idea, data coming in a few minutes!

A few month ago I had a Powercolor Radeon HD7970 with an ArcticCooling Accelero Xtreme 7970 aftermarket cooler:

pictureji.jpg

With this cooler this card went absolutely crazy, this was the safe overclock without increasing volts, but I could push it to 1350 MHz on the core and 1880 MHz on the memory. Of course I had to increase the volts for that.

Would you by any means have additional info on that card to complete your entry (voltage and max temp)

This would be difficult to do to keep accurate and have everyone participate. I wouldn't mind helping you out idea wise, or helping you with the project itself. For starters (literally just starting out) you could make it  email submission based google doc, and make it view-able. Make all entries require a screenshot of GPU-Z with load on the GPU, this way you root out any possible troll submissions (I have seen these before, luckily not on these forums though). Not to steal your thunder or anything, but I would really like to do this. Send me a pm, we can talk ideas :)

Actually i'm working on the form to couple wih the spreadsheet, but because of the screenshot there would have to be eye check on every entry.

I know it's gonna be a load of work, but if we don't do this, who??

Finally, i would love to hear your ideas, specially if this project grows bigger (which I hope it will), but right now it's getting late so I'll make contact with you tommorrow

Cobalt, on 13 May 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

And we have our very first entry https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al4AReUTy6OsdFBJRWJwTTBIRE1OQlZrSmhFYlVVa2c#gid=0

Would you by any means have additional info on that card to complete your entry (voltage and max temp)

Actually i'm working on the form to couple wih the spreadsheet, but because of the screenshot there would have to be eye check on every entry.

I know it's gonna be a load of work, but if we don't do this, who??

Finally, i would love to hear your ideas, specially if this project grows bigger (which I hope it will), but right now it's getting late so I'll make contact with you tommorrow

I still have the card laying around, so I will retest it quickly.

Some suggestions: The correct model-name is GTX680-DC2-4GD5

Rename the "custom cooler" column to "cooler" only, and add "DirectCU2 (670)" as the 680s cooler. (it really is the 670 DC2 design, no mistype)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I think this is a great idea. Ill get to work overclocking the selection of cards i have in the near future and post an update.

Hopefully more and more people will contribute.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

The overclock settings for my GTX680 SOC from Gigabyte. (GV-N680SO-2GD)

post-5244-0-08509700-1368421669_thumb.pn

The GPU-Z Boost reading is wrong. The card boosts all the way up to 1372, as shown by MSI Afterburner.

The card i running at 1.21 volts and at a max of 60 degress celsius or 140 degress fehrenheit. The card is watercooled by a EK block. for the core and is passivly cooled on the RAM an PWM.

I will try to get around to overclocking some of the other graphicscards i have lying around, but I can't promise anything 

post-5244-0-08509700-1368421669_thumb.pn

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

So, for the sake of adding info to the database, what programs do you guys use for OC Stability testing, Furmark, 3DMark, Unigine tests??

i use furmark and 2 runs of 3dmark11 basic run

http://i.imgur.com/4wyliKK.jpg

That's my overclock, I've been using it since I had the card. Looks rock stable. Might be able to get a a bit more but would have to spend more time. Probably will once I get haswell in my pc.

Y8qovtw.jpg?1
They're Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI
I use F@H to stress test because i'm incredibly lazy and it seems to do the job
I run this profile in games just fine

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

Y8qovtw.jpg?1

They're Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI

I use F@H to stress test because i'm incredibly lazy and it seems to do the job

I run this profile in games just fine

http://i.imgur.com/4wyliKK.jpg

That's my overclock, I've been using it since I had the card. Looks rock stable. Might be able to get a a bit more but would have to spend more time. Probably will once I get haswell in my pc.

Thanks to both of you guys but it would be really helpful if you submitted your entries to the form is this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16152-the-gpu-overclocking-database/ that way it will enter the database

Could i input any laptop scores (gtx 675m)... i checked and i wouldnt be able to input things like cooler type and core voltages and such...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Could i input any laptop scores (gtx 675m)... i checked and i wouldnt be able to input things like cooler type and core voltages and such...

Absoulutely, try as many different programs as you can to get the data, but even if you can't get the data, just fill them with "-----" and send me a note at the end of the entry. This proyect encourages the entry of every graphics card, not mattering in what system they are

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread, we need far more data points though. I had a 670 that could do 1240 mhz memory but I got rid of it and have no validation.

• 11 months later...

Help!! I have problem with timeout detection and recovery while OC my MSI GTX 760 HAWK, and always recover when I OC my GPU... please Help me any one? :)

• 4 months later...