Any audio guys?

bob345

EDIT: Forgot to mention the QSC PLX1804 amp

Aww, only a single amp? What happened to the fun of bi amping or even tri amping tops? 

Aww, only a single amp? What happened to the fun of bi amping or even tri amping tops? 

It's no longer fun, all the amps have built in crossovers and delays and they're all pretty much plug and play.  Gone are the days of multiple crossovers taking up rack space.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's no longer fun, all the amps have built in crossovers and delays and they're all pretty much plug and play.  Gone are the days of multiple crossovers taking up rack space.

Still get better power and generally a better sound with properly biamped and triamped setups though. 

Still get better power and generally a better sound with properly biamped and triamped setups though. 

My home theatre was going to be tri-amped, but I got tight and lazy and just brought a pioneer receiver amp.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My home theatre was going to be tri-amped, but I got tight and lazy and just brought a pioneer receiver amp.

Heh - only thing I hate about triamping passively is the weight of the freaking amps. Crown MacroTech's aren't exactly light weight. 

Heh - only thing I hate about triamping passively is the weight of the freaking amps. Crown MacroTech's aren't exactly light weight. 

Time for some new digital amps. Last one I picked up felt like it only weighed 1Kg. and that was a 1500 watt amp.  My old EP1500 weighs about 20Kg and its only good for about 700watts.

Time for some new digital amps. Last one I picked up felt like it only weighed 1Kg. and that was a 1500 watt amp.  My old EP1500 weighs about 20Kg and its only good for about 700watts.

Or just go active :P

Or just go active :P

Now that really is taking the fun out of it.

I remember in the 80's for a small concert you had an analogue desk that occupied the better half of a 6ft table, at least 8 amps, 4 crossovers, 4 compressors, a couple of effects units, occasionally some delays and a couple of wireless receivers.  This all looked quite impressive and required a decent size trailer to move around.  Nowadays with digital mixers they are almost as small as a desk top pc and have 48+ channels with all the effects and tools onboard.  It just doesn't look right I tell you. :(

EDIT: in case you hadn't noticed I am stuck in the 80's, It took me 3 days to work out how to program my digital effects pedal :unsure:  

I swear, sometimes I think I was born too late for all the fun.

But I bet you don't have a brain fart when you need to navigate a digital interface that consists of a knob and three buttons and your only visual display is 2 seven segment displays.

But I bet you don't have a brain fart when you need to navigate a digital interface that consists of a knob and three buttons and your only visual display is 2 seven segment displays.

My brain can't even imagine what that'd look like!  :lol:

G1XN_top-display.jpg

using certain buttons to cycle through program menus and others to adjust the settings, then combinations to save the settings or enter new settings menus.  It does my head in.

It wasn't necessary because half the mains were powered.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

It wasn't necessary because half the mains were powered.

*Shudder* Half the mains? Oh god. 

*Shudder* Half the mains? Oh god.

Lol. We had it setup abit weird (not my decision). Because it was a musical, they decided that we didn't need stereo. So we inside and outside speaker (close to stage/close to walls). The inside speakers were passive and the outside one were powered.

Sadly, I had no say in the setup layout, or else I would of done it differently.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Lol. We had it setup abit weird (not my decision). Because it was a musical, they decided that we didn't need stereo. So we inside and outside speaker (close to stage/close to walls). The inside speakers were passive and the outside one were powered.

Sadly, I had no say in the setup layout, or else I would of done it differently.

My ears already hurt from the comb.. :(

My ears already hurt from the comb.. :(

It surprising worked fine. But was abit of a cabling mess.

Turning the system on/off was a pain though.

15" MBP TB

Time to show up windspeed with my awesome mixer :P

IMAG0090_zps99a60096.jpg

ARGH MY EYES!

15" MBP TB

ARGH MY EYES!

Your measily mortal eyes can not behold the awesome of my mixer.

or it's just a cheapo mixer or, I don't have good lighting anywhere in the house to take a picture.

I personally like the first one. :P

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Your measily mortal eyes can not behold the awesome of my mixer.

or it's just a cheapo mixer or, I don't have good lighting anywhere in the house to take a picture.

I personally like the first one. :P

I need to take a picture of my band's nice mxer.

15" MBP TB

snip

Ive got a couple of those around here somewhere..

Now that really is taking the fun out of it.

I remember in the 80's for a small concert you had an analogue desk that occupied the better half of a 6ft table, at least 8 amps, 4 crossovers, 4 compressors, a couple of effects units, occasionally some delays and a couple of wireless receivers.  This all looked quite impressive and required a decent size trailer to move around.  Nowadays with digital mixers they are almost as small as a desk top pc and have 48+ channels with all the effects and tools onboard.  It just doesn't look right I tell you. :(

EDIT: in case you hadn't noticed I am stuck in the 80's, It took me 3 days to work out how to program my digital effects pedal :unsure:  

Heh - just to annoy you, guess what's hopefully coming into the inventory :P

qpnsDdx.jpg

Heh - just to annoy you, guess what's hopefully coming into the inventory :P

does it go to the toilet for you as well? because that's probably the only thing left for you to do now.

EDIT: better you than me, it'd take me half an hour just to find the aux sends.

does it go to the toilet for you as well? because that's probably the only thing left for you to do now.

Heh - includes DMX which will be pretty damn handy for smaller gigs.

My only complaint is the lack of PowerCon or other locking connector.