What DPI Do You Use?

AMD Lover

It's like half the people here WANT to get carpal tunnel. 

1200 inside and outside of gaming. Sometimes lower than that for the occasional CS:GO game.

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844

400dpi for me.  I play a lot of CS:GO :P

what mouse setting in the game because that seems to make huge different especially when the default is like 6

It's like half the people here WANT to get carpal tunnel. 

-snip-

how so?

what mouse setting in the game because that seems to make huge different especially when the default is like 6

how so?

You make more little movements with high DPI, therefore increasing the chance on carpal tunnel depending on how much you do it. bigger movements cause less ''damage'' to your wrist so carpal tunnel develops, but it develops way slower if it is developing. 

I really can't recommend going above 1500 in any game to be honest, not on a 1080p screen at least. 1440p and 4k are different, but on 1080p, there's no benefit after something slightly higher than 1000, so it's personal preference. Above 1500 though, there's no reason to go beyond that because atleast my personal accuracy will decrease and my screen isn't that big! (24'' 1080p), so I'd never need more than that. Ever. 

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1

800. with like 20% in games usually

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I used to play at max (5200) but since games don't let me lower sensitivity slider enough (I like lower sens) I've lowered myself to I think 1300, I gotta check when I get home, with a 6 windows speed. Most games I play now have the sens almost all the way down or have raw input that I turn off.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

450dpi on two 1080p monitors.

I my sensitivity is pretty low (higher than the average CS player but lower than the average fps player) and I don't mind moving my arm around a lot on the screen. The plus side of the low dpi though is I find I can move my mouse around quickly(moving my arm and wrist around quickly) and never I never misclick.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

2050 dpi

logitech g400

for everything basicly

1200 for daily use, 200 if I need something done precisely in some graphics program, 1600 for one of my games that has really bad sensitivity adjustment, and 4000 cuz that is how high the mouse goes.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

standard/default setting

a ninja treads lighter than a feather :ph34r:

Details separate people.

400 for everything. Makes me so much more precise in games, took a bit of time to get used to, but ti's well worth it.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

Dependant on my mouse pad.

One rule of thumb the might Lazy Purple has thought us to place your mouse in the center of your mouse pad, go all the way to the right, and configure the mouse to do a 180° in game. This gives superior precision.

I forget what mine's at, then. Between 1200-1400.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

You make more little movements with high DPI, therefore increasing the chance on carpal tunnel depending on how much you do it. bigger movements cause less ''damage'' to your wrist so carpal tunnel develops, but it develops way slower if it is developing. 

I really can't recommend going above 1500 in any game to be honest, not on a 1080p screen at least. 1440p and 4k are different, but on 1080p, there's no benefit after something slightly higher than 1000, so it's personal preference. Above 1500 though, there's no reason to go beyond that because atleast my personal accuracy will decrease and my screen isn't that big! (24'' 1080p), so I'd never need more than that. Ever. 

wouldnt you get carpal tunnel quicker with a lower dpi since you have to move more? This is more of what I was getting at...

wouldnt you get carpal tunnel quicker with a lower dpi since you have to move more? This is more of what I was getting at...

Movements aren't bad. Very many small movements strain your wrist more than moving my hand an entire inch, however, so high DPI, (very many, but small movements) are worse for your wrist. It's of course faster, but it's never more accurate, so there isn't a real benefit to have it about a certain level depending on your screen as I described earlier. 

My rule of thumb is: Put the DPI as low as possible that I'm comfortable with and can move around enough. That way I'll always be accurate + not put too much extra strain on my hands. 

I love StarCraft

My rule of thumb is: Put the DPI as low as possible that I'm comfortable with and can move around enough. That way I'll always be accurate + not put too much extra strain on my hands. 

I love you.

Movements aren't bad. Very many small movements strain your wrist more than moving my hand an entire inch, however, so high DPI, (very many, but small movements) are worse for your wrist. It's of course faster, but it's never more accurate, so there isn't a real benefit to have it about a certain level depending on your screen as I described earlier. 

agree, I like me my 1600dpi (for games)

I love you.

:P

2500 is my default on my Logitech G502 with 3950 for fast paced gaming (Pyro on TF2) and my thumb button (sniper button) set at 650.

I use 3 in game sens

I use 3 in game sens

full arm palm user?

I think your grip also matters, by the way. I use 1200 DPI in Starcraft with a claw/fingertip grip, although I recently discovered more leaning towards fingertip.

I love you.

:wub:

I love StarCraft

I think your grip also matters, by the way. I use 1200 DPI in Starcraft with a claw/fingertip grip, although I recently discovered more leaning towards fingertip.

:wub:

yea your grip determines your dpi quite a bit

• 7 months later...

I use 2000 dpi for everything play games and browsing. 

Edited by Blade of Grass
Cleaning Thread

1600 DPI, It's a tad slow at 4K but I have a 1080p monitor, so if I turned it up it would be hard to control :P

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I mostly switch between 3000 and 2500, but I do use all my DPI settings, 2000-2500-3000-6400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum