Hardware or software issue?

Titan

Alright, so my computer has been locking up lately. Not like everything stops working turn turns white. It locks up like when you use remote access and can't use your keyboard or mouse. I did do some overclocking and clocked my cpu up 1100mhz from 2600mhz. It had not been a problem, I have since then under clocked back to stock and the problems till occurs. It seems to happen when I leave my computer idle. I am running windows 8 64bit. I have scanned my computer for everything, found nothing. I am wondering if I have ruined my cpu, or if it is just my power supply unable to handle the overclock.
I have a pretty bad system and the time being. Amd 3650 2.6ghz, running with integrated graphics. 8gb of 1600mhz, 300 watt psu. No graphics card though.

Thanks in advance, anything helps :)

Case: Corsair 350D Windowed Motherboard: ASRock Pro4-M CPU: Intel i3-3320 Cooler: Stock(upgrade) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz Red GPU: Asus GTX DCUIIOC 650 ti  PSU: Corsair CX500 SSD: Samsung 840 128Gb

Monitor: HP 2159M, Random DELL 1280x1024 Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70  Mouse: SteelSeries Black Ops 2 edition Mouse Pad: Unsure Headset: SteelSeries Siberia v2 Blue Frost edition Labtec LT-820 Microphone: Blue Snowball: Frost

I'm confused. I know you overclocked your CPU, but what did you overclock it to again? It looks like you put it at 3.7GHz. Am I right? Are you sure your CPU is stable with that overclock? Did you run Prime95 or something similar to make sure it's stable?

EDIT: Didn't read some information. Just realized you put it back to stock. I'd say it could be memory like Missioncode said.

Edited by Godlygamer23

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I think it might be a memory. Have you tried running a memory test of some type? Maybe if you have some extra ram laying around try replacing it or if you dont have extra ram try taking a stick out. Had the same problem with my little brother's machine it would just randomly freeze and need a restart ended up being a bad stick of RAM.

It might be memory. Every time I move my pc a tiny bit it crashes. So I probably have a bad ram stick or something... Problem is... I don't have any spare ram to see if that's it -.-

Case: Corsair 350D Windowed Motherboard: ASRock Pro4-M CPU: Intel i3-3320 Cooler: Stock(upgrade) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz Red GPU: Asus GTX DCUIIOC 650 ti  PSU: Corsair CX500 SSD: Samsung 840 128Gb

Monitor: HP 2159M, Random DELL 1280x1024 Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70  Mouse: SteelSeries Black Ops 2 edition Mouse Pad: Unsure Headset: SteelSeries Siberia v2 Blue Frost edition Labtec LT-820 Microphone: Blue Snowball: Frost

Double post...

Sorry admin

You could try something like Memtest86+ and do 24h test. Also make sure you Ram is in all the way in, might be something simple as lose RAM if you move your computer and it crashes. 

Reseat your RAM and run Memtest. If you have multiple DIMMs, remove them all except one. Try it in different slots and see if the same problem occurs.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)    Micron C400 256GB SSD     MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC     Logitech G510

Intel i7 960 @ 4.125GHz                        WD Black 1TB                         Windows 7 Pro 64bit        Logitech G9x

Kingston HyperX 6GB                             Corsair TX850M                     Corsair H50                        Logitech z906

I'd also suggest that if the system still crashes, switch out the stick for another one, and if it crashes once more, switch out that stick for another one.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Okay, I will try running some tests with different ram but I have a little problem. As this is a store bought computer, my mom is kind of dumb and bought a 4 year warranty, which is smart if you know nothing about computer and if she sees me opening the case I'm in for hell XD, all have to try it at night and last time I opened my computer, on my main rig. I kind of did something stupid. It was late and I drooled all on the motherboard and turned it back on without cleaning it off. Stupid right? XD

Okay, I will try running some tests with different ram but I have a little problem. As this is a store bought computer, my mom is kind of dumb and bought a 4 year warranty, which is smart if you know nothing about computer and if she sees me opening the case I'm in for hell XD, all have to try it at night and last time I opened my computer, on my main rig. I kind of did something stupid. It was late and I drooled all on the motherboard and turned it back on without cleaning it off. Stupid right? XD

Yeah. Drool and computers don't go together. Don't do it too much - I know motherboards are sexy, but please try to control yourself. :P

If only I could drool mineral oil XD

You could try something like Memtest86+ and do 24h test. Also make sure you Ram is in all the way in, might be something simple as lose RAM if you move your computer and it crashes. 

This. Run Memtest and if you find any errors you know what's up. If it comes up clear it's most likely not the RAM.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I will run it tomorrow, I have played various games today that have put my computer under heavy load, my computer has also been moved around a bit and still no freezing, hopefully it was a 1 or 2 time thing that won't happen again. Never the less I will still run the mem test and post the results.

UPDATE: I don't think I need to run ram test as everything has been running fine. I don't use any av, but use windows defender with windows 8 as it is not that bad. I've known I've had some viruses for a while but was to lazy and forgot. So last night I was thinking it could be a virus so I went and checked, had 2 viruses. One has been deleted, one has been quarantined. So I'm in the green.. I hope, Thanks anyways though!