Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
54 minutes ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

I need a good anime that gain entertain me and give me goosebump! 

Maybe try something like Monster, Gakutsuou, or Gurren Lagann?

1 minute ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Maybe try something like Monster, Gakutsuou, or Gurren Lagann?

I did watched Gurren Lagann, but the other two I didn't, therefore I will give it a try. 

On 4/20/2016 at 0:24 AM, SparkyRain said:

Carbide 88r and nope. Sub 200 cheapo laptop. Repair is probably more then what it's worth.

On 4/21/2016 at 3:13 AM, SparkyRain said:

Hey my car says service but it already went to service 200km ago. Bill Gates please fix.

1 more hour till pc parts :) And another Intel stock cooler :P@MyInnerFred

Ahh that case, wouldn't be able to house all my parts. 

I'm no match for you people and your Intel stock coolers. Spare me!

x5zYo2A.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

13041421_1994379744120687_68515492847052

I hate myself, spilt 500ml of water on my laptop. threw it in rice

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Had time for some more manga... Vagabond is just as visually detailed as I remember from long ago, and it's kind of interesting to compare it with Vinland Saga.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c306-310). decent.
Carol's approach to solving math problems was one of the funnier moments in the manga so far. It was also pretty much expected why Misuzu and her mom "can't handle" Carol, but at least they gave a fun explanation (and the potential for future fun interactions), so I'm glad they tossed that in... it should be fun to see Misuzu deal with her dad and Carol getting along, to contrast the last few chapters.

Seitokai Yakuindomo manga (c374). so-so.
This was an easy-to-guess set of punchlines, so it didn't do much for me.

Actually, I'm... manga (c121). decent.
Nice, a manga that isn't afraid to take a jab at itself. How delightfully meta. Comparing the girls to noodles was quite apropos. Anyway, this was appropriately the most intense soumen competition I've seen in a manga for a while, though the ending of the chapter was underwhelming.

Letter Bee manga (c69). decent.
At this point when all the various pre-finale loose ends are supposed to be tying up, I honestly have no memory of much of the plot points for the secondary characters. The ideas seem nice enough, but it's honestly pretty rare that I can't remember such details even if I haven't read a series regularly for a long while, so I'm inclined to judge Letter Bee as not having done a particularly good job of building these things up. That's likely a bit unfair as the fan-translations for this series aren't terribly good, but I can't shake the feeling that it would be overly kind to make excuses for this manga. I'll maybe have to give it a re-read someday when a better (perhaps official) translation comes around, but based on what I do recall (and the anime) I suspect it meandered far too aimlessly. At this point I expect a half-hearted confrontation involving Lag and his mother, some lame excuse for why Niche's sister is even in the story at all, and some grandiose-looking panels from when the world is saved. At that point it would at its best be a decent series, but nothing special aside from some of the more creative ideas in its premise.

Vagabond manga (c1-36). great.
Much like Vinland Saga, this is the story of an abused youth living in a bloody time, and how he seeks redemption. The difference is that Vinland Saga took its time to build up to the redemption arc, while here it feels relatively choppy and engineered. That's not to say that it's bad, just that this phase of the story feels a bit rushed to me compared to Vinland, which in turn felt a bit dragged out. Both stories manage to overcome that by having a plot that feels fairly natural for the characters. Vinland gets the edge here (no pun intended) because of that methodical approach, and not clumsily having a romantic angle muddy things up right away. I just can't take these characters as seriously, especially the silly monk father-figure. In addition, while Vinland has never been all that great at expressing levity, at least it doesn't rely on random fart jokes. So overall, while both are good takes on the ol' monomyth, Vagabond really only stands higher so far by virtue of its artwork being an absolute tour de force. I didn't expect that. It's a testament to how important pacing is, especially in a series that's hundreds and hundreds of chapters already.

18 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Had time for some more manga... Vagabond is just as visually detailed as I remember from long ago, and it's kind of interesting to compare it with Vinland Saga.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c306-310). decent.
Carol's approach to solving math problems was one of the funnier moments in the manga so far. It was also pretty much expected why Misuzu and her mom "can't handle" Carol, but at least they gave a fun explanation (and the potential for future fun interactions), so I'm glad they tossed that in... it should be fun to see Misuzu deal with her dad and Carol getting along, to contrast the last few chapters.

Seitokai Yakuindomo manga (c374). so-so.
This was an easy-to-guess set of punchlines, so it didn't do much for me.

Actually, I'm... manga (c121). decent.
Nice, a manga that isn't afraid to take a jab at itself. How delightfully meta. Comparing the girls to noodles was quite apropos. Anyway, this was appropriately the most intense soumen competition I've seen in a manga for a while, though the ending of the chapter was underwhelming.

Letter Bee manga (c69). decent.
At this point when all the various pre-finale loose ends are supposed to be tying up, I honestly have no memory of much of the plot points for the secondary characters. The ideas seem nice enough, but it's honestly pretty rare that I can't remember such details even if I haven't read a series regularly for a long while, so I'm inclined to judge Letter Bee as not having done a particularly good job of building these things up. That's likely a bit unfair as the fan-translations for this series aren't terribly good, but I can't shake the feeling that it would be overly kind to make excuses for this manga. I'll maybe have to give it a re-read someday when a better (perhaps official) translation comes around, but based on what I do recall (and the anime) I suspect it meandered far too aimlessly. At this point I expect a half-hearted confrontation involving Lag and his mother, some lame excuse for why Niche's sister is even in the story at all, and some grandiose-looking panels from when the world is saved. At that point it would at its best be a decent series, but nothing special aside from some of the more creative ideas in its premise.

Vagabond manga (c1-36). great.
Much like Vinland Saga, this is the story of an abused youth living in a bloody time, and how he seeks redemption. The difference is that Vinland Saga took its time to build up to the redemption arc, while here it feels relatively choppy and engineered. That's not to say that it's bad, just that this phase of the story feels a bit rushed to me compared to Vinland, which in turn felt a bit dragged out. Both stories manage to overcome that by having a plot that feels fairly natural for the characters. Vinland gets the edge here (no pun intended) because of that methodical approach, and not clumsily having a romantic angle muddy things up right away. I just can't take these characters as seriously, especially the silly monk father-figure. In addition, while Vinland has never been all that great at expressing levity, at least it doesn't rely on random fart jokes. So overall, while both are good takes on the ol' monomyth, Vagabond really only stands higher so far by virtue of its artwork being an absolute tour de force. I didn't expect that. It's a testament to how important pacing is, especially in a series that's hundreds and hundreds of chapters already.

Are you buying all these manga? Manga is kind of overpriced around here

I came back assuming there would be talk about the latest WAN Show

On 22.4.2016 at 3:48 AM, Boobies Sprinkle said:

I need a good anime that gain entertain me and give me goosebump! 

Give you goosebumps in a good way like holy crap mind bent.?

13 hours ago, Charger said:

It's it ever! Rather hard to find too by me at least. Poor Borders. 

10 hours ago, Charger said:

I do try to pay if they're licensed, yes (if I can still find the licensed copy somewhere). If I can find it on a digital service first, I'll probably use that instead of a physical copy (only so much room in my apartment). I also tend to do the same for anime.

32 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

I do try to pay if they're licensed, yes (if I can still find the licensed copy somewhere). If I can find it on a digital service first, I'll probably use that instead of a physical copy (only so much room in my apartment). I also tend to do the same for anime.

what legal digital services are there other than crunchyroll?

1 hour ago, Charger said:

what legal digital services are there other than crunchyroll?

Publishers like Viz and Yen Press have digital offers, there's also Amazon's Comixology and e-book readers tend to have them too (Kindle, Nook, iBook). I tend to do a search or two to find out if there's a licensed digital copy, and if that fails, if there's a non-digital version I can get without breaking the bank. That failing, I'll try scanlators.

cleaned my pc for the first time since i built it, temps shot down big time. seriously massive decrease.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

2 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

cleaned my pc for the first time since i built it, temps shot down big time. seriously massive decrease.

Lol how long ago did you make it? I tend to clean my PC when I notice the fans ramp up more when doing normal things like watching twitch streams

5 minutes ago, Charger said:

Lol how long ago did you make it? I tend to clean my PC when I notice the fans ramp up more when doing normal things like watching twitch streams

2.5 years ago now.

Listen if you care.

4 minutes ago, brownninja97 said:

2.5 years ago now.

Oh... Ya seems a little past due. I have noticed I have to clean my PC far more now that it's no longer on carpet lol

I put up this video a week ago and was hoping for some feedback from people outside my usual group of friends.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Does Crunchy Roll or Funimation have an android app?  I got an S4, and I know there's hulu plus+netflix, but that kinda limits my anime watching on the go.

crunchyroll has one. it gets the job done, like the netflix app. but could be better. the player controls especially. 

3 hours ago, brownninja97 said:

2.5 years ago now.

You sir need to be arrested for PC abuse @MyInnerFred get him! 

Had some time to watch a bit of anime for a change.

Rinne (3). decent.
New character get. Kain's still an insufferable dickweed that you just want to punch, but Suzu helps take the edge off whenever the story involves him. And it was pretty charming to see Rinne investigate the "crime" of the missing 500 yen. It's always nice to see the show not go overboard with the "he's poor" thing while still managing to base an entire episode around it nonetheless. This ep was straightforward and lacked any highs or lows, but it was still a good bit of fun.

Tanaka's a Lazy Ass (3). so-so.
I came back for one last look but man was this ever booooring. At least the previous episodes had some comedy; this was just "stuff happens. We hope you'll laugh at it". Seriously, if they added a laugh track to this it might qualify as your average tedious prime time sitcom. There's a few core ideas here that should be working a lot better than they are. It's vaguely reminding me of Acchi Kocchi, except only once in three episodes did it almost spring to life for a few seconds (when Miyano reveals her obvious love interest). That's just not enough to go on for me; I'm done.

Sansha Sanyou (1). so-so.
I figured I'd watch another moe show if Bakuon wasn't going to cut it, and I'd heard this one was energetic. And yeah, that's what it is: an energetic moe show (I'm surprised the brown-haired girl doesn't have a fang). And yet, the energy and personality of the focal character made this episode bearable in spite of the pedestrian material. It's not quite funny, far from original in any way, but it was pleasant enough to give it another episode to see how quickly I'll tire of yet another show about generic friendship skits.

Sansha Sanyou (2). decent.
So far, this show borders on being pretty decent for a moe show. They're at least giving their characters some personality, and while it's not funny, it's at least amusing. If only it felt a bit more inventive or had some other thing to call its own, I would probably be content with this. As it stands it kind of reminds me of Love Lab, just more stale. However, it has some alright moments of slice of life that help make up a bit for the lack of solid comedy or interesting premise. Could be worse. At least it's not wasting a premise or lacking any charm.

Flying Witch (3). so-so.
After having seen some other slice of life shows from this season, I really can't see this as anything special. Like most any slice of life anime it has a couple of moments here and there, but honestly this has been one giant waste of its premise so far. I mean, they spent half the episode showing their witch tediously chasing around a pheasant and plucking weeds. Granted, they finally showed us something witch-like in this episode, but honestly it was way too little too late for me. Frankly it felt like a huge cop-out to toss in a line saying "she's not that kind of witch" at this point. It felt more like a relief to see them trying to do something charming with the botched spell, but it was just way too little too late to keep me watching this series. Maybe they should have cast a spell of iyashikei instead.

Space Patrol Luluco (4). good.
Finally Luluco takes off and gives us a truly good episode. But wait... meteorite? That looked more like an asteroid to me. I think they'd have more to worry about than just one city if that thing hit Earth. Still, this ep had some pretty fun moments, from the launch sequence to the English announcer stating that this episode went into production without a script. Not to mention Space Cop's BS idea for Luluco's escape, or Luluco running into her space pirate mother in the process. Now this is more like what I pictured this series to be.

Usakame (2). so-so.
Well, this isn't really doing anything more for me than Teekyuu did, and in fact it's probably not as entertaining due to being slow enough for me to notice how dumb it all is without just being blindsided by how rapid-fire it all is. Oh well, it's still short enough to not mind... I just would rather have more Teekyuu if this is all Usakame is going to be.

On 4/18/2016 at 8:41 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, I intentionally picked anime not everyone can agree on, but which were well-regarded in their respective sub-genres.

Also some stuff that might be trickier to appreciate if you watch more modern anime first.

I just think it's more rewarding to try a broad sample of good anime so you know what you really like, rather than just sticking to safe popular/mainstream picks (and missing out on the better stuff that doesn't play it safe).

I think you miss understood me. Most if not all of those are at least good if not great all worth a watch. I think the demographic your saying they are aimed at is a bit wrong. Age really doesnt have much to do with anime barring some of the more I guess mature topics covered in some. I watched some are very young age that I rewateched later and understood stuff i would have never known just being young but that stuff is few and far between. Oh also FLCL is one of those anime where if you dont notice something new every time you watch it you are doing something wrong.

I will agree with the last statement and forgo all generic shonen anime at all costs. Even if something fits too well into a archetype without doing it on purpose or to be funny ill usually give up on it. So many anime are just unoriginal now days feeding to a specific audience to the T.

6 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Awesome.  Crackle probably has the smallest anime collection.  They have like 12. xD But, at least they have Blood+...

Personally MPC-HC has the best controls and you can take awesome screenshots (which if you are like me youll almost never sift though)

8 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

You sir need to be arrested for PC abuse @MyInnerFred get him! 

I'm afraid that's outside of my jurisdiction!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

15 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

I'm afraid that's outside of my jurisdiction!

Plant something on his and take him in for that then. I'm sure you know the drill. ;)

8 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

I think you miss understood me. Most if not all of those are at least good if not great all worth a watch. I think the demographic your saying they are aimed at is a bit wrong. Age really doesnt have much to do with anime barring some of the more I guess mature topics covered in some. I watched some are very young age that I rewateched later and understood stuff i would have never known just being young but that stuff is few and far between. Oh also FLCL is one of those anime where if you dont notice something new every time you watch it you are doing something wrong.

Ah, I see. I meant more along the lines of: "if you're a bit older and want something a little more mature than stuff like Pokemon or your typical anime for teens, then here's a list to check out".

5 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

Plant something on his and take him in for that then. I'm sure you know the drill. ;)

Report on steam for aimbot, life is over. Thing just happend. Do they not check those reports? Apart having a vac flag from a kid that can't loose.

On the other hand nothing brilliant in the anime section. Dropped pokergame as it gets disappointing really quick.