Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

New larger mouse-pad and lower sensitivity, hopefully this will help my wrist ache. 

Time to endure the adjustment period. 

3 minutes ago, Jacona said:

New larger mouse-pad and lower sensitivity, hopefully this will help my wrist ache. 

Time to endure the adjustment period. 

ya it takes me some time to change to lower sensitivity but I feel like I can aim better each time I lower it and readjust. I was at 20 sensitivity in cs with a 400 dpi mouse then went to 4 or 5 sensitivity with 4700-5000 dpi mouse. Now I have dropped to 2.5 sensitivity with 4700 dpi and I know I need to keep dropping it lol

7 minutes ago, Charger said:

ya it takes me some time to change to lower sensitivity but I feel like I can aim better each time I lower it and readjust. I was at 20 sensitivity in cs with a 400 dpi mouse then went to 4 or 5 sensitivity with 4700-5000 dpi mouse. Now I have dropped to 2.5 sensitivity with 4700 dpi and I know I need to keep dropping it lol

Woah 20 sensitivity? I didn't even know it went that high. 

Which mouse are you currently using?

I'm probably going to get the Mionix Naos after messing around with a couple different brands at BestBuy.

I surprisingly hated the way the G502 felt, probably because I'm a hardcore palm gripper and the G502 doesn't support my ring and pinky finger well enough. 

2 minutes ago, Jacona said:

Woah 20 sensitivity? I didn't even know it went that high. 

Which mouse are you currently using?

I'm probably going to get the Mionix Naos after messing around with a couple different brands a BestBuy.

I surprisingly hated the way the G502 felt, probably because I'm a hardcore palm gripper and the G502 doesn't support my ring and pinky finger well enough. 

Im using a g600 right now before that I was using the g602 and before that the g100s even large mice I still grip like a dumb ass lol probably better to call it a finger tip grip

random image of where my fingers were on a g602

Spoiler

Mxo9jg7.jpg  

44 minutes ago, Vitalius said:

I probably won't be on LTT much anymore.

Discord is where it's at.

https://discord.gg/0l79kqWcHsZqzHPm

Also, apparently just got 2 all inclusive boarding passes to the Bahamas for answering 3 questions about how likely I am to use green alternatives to energy & fuel. 

wat

good to know. ill be joining sometime tonight. Just made an account, but im off to work so ill finish it later

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

16 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Oh yeah. You are on the east coast. Getting all the fun weather. It was up to 60 here yesterday.

In other news. Cant use 770 for a folding card because windows.

How come, what's wrong?

19 minutes ago, Charger said:

Im using a g600 right now before that I was using the g602 and before that the g100s even large mice I still grip like a dumb ass lol probably better to call it a finger tip grip

random image of where my fingers were on a g602

Reveal hidden contents

Mxo9jg7.jpg  

lol, looks like you could just chop off an inch or two at the front. 

I do somewhat want a G400S because of the special coating it has on it as well as it being shaped like a giant comfy egg. 

But IDK, I've have had 2 "office work" style logitech mouse fail on my, I guess their performance/gaming oriented ones are more robust. 

4 minutes ago, Jacona said:

lol, looks like you could just chop off an inch or two at the front. 

I do somewhat want a G400 because of the special coating it has on it as well as it being shaped like a giant comfy egg. 

But IDK, I've have had 2 "office work" style logitech mouse fail on my, I guess their performance/gaming oriented ones are more robust. 

I have a g400s but i dont really care fore the shape of it.

As for logitech mice failing ya they do that... normally it is their switched failing though. The really need to stop cheaping out on switched. I have started to question if they are using counterfeit omrons or something with the failure rate I have had. I have replaced switched in my g100s and g602

3 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

mind if i join in on that? 

It's for the club.

Are you a member of the club? you are

So join. Do note that there are Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS programs/apps for it, it supports voice chat, and is basically IRC with archiving (i.e. messages stay).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm so impatient with Boku dake ga Inai Machi(anime) that I really want to start the manga and find out who the murderer is(though you can see his face in the opening of the anime but I still don't know who that is). But then I won't enjoy the anime that much :/. Ahhh I might wait another episode or tow and if it doesn't move much further and to the revelation then I might start the manga. Or should I just start it now?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

xD

Don't know what's going on, joins Discord thing anyways. Look in the members list and see two sections, 'offline' and 'literally Hitler'. Even more confused than before.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

1 hour ago, tobben said:

How come, what's wrong?

The card artifacts. Heavily. Due to vram issues. So windows throws a fit and wont let the card fully run because it has issues. 

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Blarg

Question for you discord guys.

Can we use telegram instead? Its open source, libre*, supports all platforms, encrypted, and allows the sending files of any size and type. You don't need an account or username and if you don't have one the only way to message you is through an invite link.

Basically it's just a better, open sourced discord.

*turns out the servers run proprietary software. But the api and the rest of the app are libre. And they swear by the encryption(they are offering $200,000 btc for whoever cracks it) so the proprietary server software shouldn't be a problem.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:55 PM, GlassBomb said:

Update on the "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?" I had. Watched 8 episodes in the evening, and the rest in the morning. I knew that I had watched a couple of episodes of it before, but I had forgotten that I actually finished it back then. Overall a very mediocre show.

Bunch of fan-service and what I would call a loose plot. Not really something that I'd recommend, unless the person just wanted to watch something mindless.

On 2/11/2016 at 3:30 PM, GlassBomb said:

I like the idea of an MMORPG-like anime. Going to check out Log Horizon now to see how that is. Probably going to take me around a week, depending if I want to properly marathon it or not. Going to go for at least 10 episodes a day.

I do too. I feel a lot of them just skimp on the actually MMORPG sides of the storyline. SOA is a key example of this; everything MMO-like in it felt superflous, in the same way it does in DanMachi.

On 2/11/2016 at 7:44 PM, Daegun said:

9f1e5940d24dc3d66be785547a85b8e2.jpg

If Hestia(?) looked like that, it would've helped me enjoy her character. Instead, I have this big-boobed loli who I really can't stand.

On 2/11/2016 at 10:45 PM, Kenji6 said:

Good Afternoon, gentlemen/gentlewomen/gentle(preferred pronoun). 

Hey there!

16 hours ago, KRImSIN said:

Omfg ERASED is really good at having cliff hangers.

7 hours ago, RazerZ said:

So I'm guessing everyone is watching Erased? Man that show is addicting... tempted to read the manga but don't want to spoil it.

Too good at having cliff hangers. It's enjoyable but it feels like he's going in circles. Maybe it's better I just leave it until the storyline is finished and I can watch the whole season from Episode 1 and see what I think then. 

3 minutes ago, Opask said:

Question for you discord guys.

Can we use telegram instead? Its open source, libre, supports all platforms, encrypted, and allows the sending files of any size and type. You don't need an account or username and if you don't have one the only way to message you is through an invite link.

Basically it's just a better, open sourced discord.

I've not really been active in Discord for a while (I use my own far more). The only things you mentioned that Discord can't compete with is open-source (although it does have a neat community involvement factor), all platforms (which will be a thing given demand and time), and... that's it.

• You can upload any file, IIRC.
  • It's pretty secure. What do you expect to be taken from it if it gets hacked?
  • File size isn't really an issue. Why do we need to send anything more than images to each other?
  • You don't need an account unless @MyInnerFred and @DigitalHermit have set it up like so. If they haven't, you can sit in there without an actual account, but I highly doubt either of them will verify you because your ID will be redundant the moment you leave. Also, we know who's who around the place.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

@Crowes (sorry cant tag properly on mobile)

Well you can't actually verify that discord is secured because the souce code isnt visible. And I don't see them saying on their site that your chats are encrypted.

Plus they dont have a linux app and you cant compile it yourself on other platforms that aren't officially supported.

But anyways I won't personally be using discord so whatever.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

12 minutes ago, Crowes said:

If Hestia(?) looked like that, it would've helped me enjoy her character. Instead, I have this big-boobed loli who I really can't stand.

agreed

2 minutes ago, Opask said:

@Crowes (sorry cant tag properly on mobile)

Well you can't actually verify that discord is secured because the souce code isnt visible. And I don't see them saying on their sight that your chats are encrypted.

Plus they dont have a linux app and you cant compile it yourself on other platforms that aren't officially supported.

But anyways I won't personally be using discord so whatever.

Browser-based not a suitable temporary solution?

Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

1 minute ago, Crowes said:

Browser-based not a suitable temporary solution?

No because it isn't encrypted, nor does it respect my freedom.

I know some of you will think I'm being paranoid,  but its more about the principle of it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Crowes said:

~snip~

There are a couple of changes they could have made. The ridiculous busts that pretty much all female characters have. They are using gods, but they really don't mean much to the series as a whole. And to me, 13 episodes is just a bit short to wrap up something that wants to portrait a great adventure.

And the whole leveling system was just crappy as a whole. It took one of the most well-regarded players over a year in order for them to level up? Ohkaythen.

Help from Discord people?

Something happened. Very descriptive, I know. All of a sudden I can't see the chat anymore, it isn't on that list on the side, and It won't let me rejoin through Vitalius' link.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

1 minute ago, Daegun said:

Help from Discord people?

Something happened. Very descriptive, I know. All of a sudden I can't see the chat anymore, it isn't on that list on the side, and It won't let me rejoin through Vitalius' link.

i'm getting a partial outage message 

Yup, it's down.

https://status.discordapp.com/