This Company is Working on the Steam Box! Woo!

vanwazltoff

towards the end of the video they say that they are working with Valve to make a small form factor game console take a peek.

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

The product itself is amazing the fact that that could be the next big gaming console is awesome

We already have a thread about this guys, refrain from making redundant threads

Steam box is awesome to get PC games in the living room. BUt price will throw people off. a base Xi3 pc is $500-$600. the steam box anybe alittle higher cause if the better CPU it needs to run PC games. Or when the revel it tomorrow maybe steam version has a gpu inside it.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

We already have a thread about this guys, refrain from making redundant threads
not my fault people cant put CES news in the CES section. Im getting tired of your attitude in general

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I hope it will be able to play with other PC gamers on existing PC servers. In reference to the price, Valve will be buying the systems at a wholesale price, and will likely sell them at a loss, with game sales creating their profit. Also, running a stripped down OS will be less resource hungry than Windows or even normal versions of Linux and cheaper hardware will go farther

looks like it will be up-gradable but the upgrades will be proprietary so they will most likely be expensive

Wow these little boxes are awesome!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT

MB: ASUS ROG Dark Hero VIII 570S

MEMORY: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) @ 3200Mhz

CASE: Corsair 680x

STORAGE: 256GB M.2(PCIE) EVO 970 | 1TB Curcial M.2 (PCIE) SSD

PSU: Corsair RM850x

Hopefully the Steam Box will perform great and be affordable. So far it looks great except for the price...

what do we call the people who purchase these consoles, cause technically their a 'pc gamer' but their not a pc gamer :L

No, Gabe Newell has confirmed that the Xi3 is not the steam box.

This explains the Xi3 announcement. Xi3 will not be the last piece of hardware to have Steam support, but it’s also not the mythical Steam Box that we’ve been expecting Valve to produce itself.

That box does exist.

We’ll come out with our own and we’ll sell it to consumers by ourselves,†he said. “That’ll be a Linux box, [and] if you want to install Windows you can. We’re not going to make it hard. This is not some locked box by any stretch of the imagination. We also think that a controller that has higher precision and lower latency is another interesting thing to have.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/gabe-newell-opens-up-about-steam-box-plans/4511/

This explains the Xi3 announcement. Xi3 will not be the last piece of hardware to have Steam support, but it’s also not the mythical Steam Box that we’ve been expecting Valve to produce itself.

That box does exist.

We’ll come out with our own and we’ll sell it to consumers by ourselves,†he said. “That’ll be a Linux box, [and] if you want to install Windows you can. We’re not going to make it hard. This is not some locked box by any stretch of the imagination. We also think that a controller that has higher precision and lower latency is another interesting thing to have.

dammit got all excited and now gabes just all like nah man ours is gun be guud

>.<

ah well microsoft and sony prepare for the awesome thats about to change console gaming

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

very cool! I hope the steam box gets a visual overhaul tho. either way im very excited; to the point im gonna have to process this information for a bit.

That box does exist.

Essentially what Gabe says is not that this isnt a steam box but more of a 3rd party steam box. So, Valve is going to be releasing their own, while 3rd party developers are going to offer linux boxes that are essentially going to be branded 3rd party steam boxes

That box does exist.

i saw that, major buzzkill

what do we call the people who purchase these consoles, cause technically their a 'pc gamer' but their not a pc gamer :L
lc for linux computer gamer?

The steam box business model is not the same as the other consoles as they wont sell the at a loss they will only sell at a profit with game sales the same as steams legendary sales, so the steambox will be about £600 ish and will have hardware costing £500, it is more expensive than the competition but the steam sales can net you lots of games for next to nothing