Should I wait or buy?

habergowd

Hey guys,

In July, I'm building a new rig and I need a new monitor. I'm thinking about getting something serious, 27" or 24". Should I get a "gaming" monitor (BenQ/Asus/etc), or should I wait for some Gsync goodness to come out? I though about getting that one compatible Asus monitor, but I can't get my hands on a kit and the monitor is very expensive in Europe.

If I can get a Gsync monitor, I would probably grab a 770, if not, then 780. (On a side note, should I trust in Gigabyte? I never had nVidia cards before, and I heard that EVGA is the best and I should only go with them. Is it worth it?)

Oh yeah, I would get the monitor in Europe. I can't get it from NCIX, because shipping prices. eh.

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Haber

Are you getting the display now or later in July?

Gigabyte is just about as good any other brand. Evga is also solid. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hey guys,

In July, I'm building a new rig and I need a new monitor. I'm thinking about getting something serious, 27" or 24". Should I get a "gaming" monitor (BenQ/Asus/etc), or should I wait for some Gsync goodness to come out? I though about getting that one compatible Asus monitor, but I can't get my hands on a kit and the monitor is very expensive in Europe.

If I can get a Gsync monitor, I would probably grab a 770, if not, then 780. (On a side note, should I trust in Gigabyte? I never had nVidia cards before, and I heard that EVGA is the best and I should only go with them. Is it worth it?)

Oh yeah, I would get the monitor in Europe. I can't get it from NCIX, because shipping prices. eh.

Anyways, thanks for your help!

Haber

First of all what games do you play?

I would only use my money on a 120hz monitor if i play games which i can get 120+ frames in. (I do have an XL2420T which i love)

G-Sync is really expensive at the moment, i would say wait until it's cheaper. (Paying 450 usd for a 225 usd monitor is stupid)

Also, i would go anything that has a non-reference cooler. I would recommend the EVGA and their ACX cooler as it's pretty good and quite silent whilst playing games at 50% fan speed :)

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

july is long away
no point in asking now

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Just want to get a general picture of the good monitors on the market.

Games to be played: BF4, recorded in 60FPS. 1080p.