Batman Arkham Origins Video Card Buyer's Guide

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1heeRO8

Amazon: http://georiot.co/2KXa

In case anyone who wants to play this game hasn't yet, and is wondering how the latest graphics cards stack up in it... yes we know we're a little late on this one. Our Titanfall guide is going to be coming this weekend or early next week :P

lol you need to do a Crysis 3 video card buyer's guide.. :P

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

I need to patch this game.

How were the frames during cinematics? I was getting massive drops on my amd card during in-game cinematics

Linus why you so late?!?

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

My gtx 780 handles this game very well  :)

I also love these types of videos.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Did anyone have issues with this game? I am currently finding that I have the Killer Croc bug, where he turns invisible.

Good guide as always!

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

@Slick Have you been going to the gym?  :P (not sarcasm, the pecks look nice and toned..)

//ccap

Is it just be or does the benchmark run through for this game seem like a less consistent testing methodology (meaning it would be hard to replicate across multiple runs and cards) then other games LTT has covered?

Not hating on it just asking

Why don't you guys do gaming videos? Like you guys playing games

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

Ok so many videos of Slick looking super tired or baked is not good for Linus Tech Tips.  What about some sort of eye drops to help Slick out if you are not going to give him time to sleep?

Also did you hear that people? PhysX was off so the game was not run the way it was meant to be played.  He had to shut it off cuz of AMD.  Nvidia > AMD ... PHYSEXY!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think this game might favor Nvidia cards.

Nvidia ... play games the way they are meant to be played ... with PhysX on!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I think that in game performance is alot less skewed in some cases than the in game performance.

For example:

Warthunder in-game Benchmark= about 120fps ultra 1080p

In game Performance= Average about 80 fps

Quite a difference there

Project Devils Delight

Mobo:ASUS B85 PRO Gamer  CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k   RAM: 8GB Kingston HYPERX Beast 1600Mhz    GPU PowerColor Devils 13 Dual Core 290X

Case: Corsair Air 540 strips Storage: Samsung 256GB SSD and a 1TB WD Black (2013 Model)                                                                                                       

do like the way you guys run benchmarks, not sure about the overclocking, i know its to differentiate you guys from any reviewer out there, but i dont look at your benchmarks because its scewed, a reference 780 runs faster then a 780ti,(in most of your benchmarks) wich is stupid, just the reference 780 wins  the silicone lottery.
i dont look at your reviews, because i want the results that i get,(without overclocking, so right out of the box) not that you guys get. i do overclock cards, but i find the revieuw samples are almost always better then the cards people buy from the store. (sorry about the english it is not my native language)

Pretty fun map that was, I ran one of my KPEs at the same settings as Slick but at 1433/1875 MHz and on an i7 4770k at 4.633 GHz and got about 15 more FPS in case people wanted to know. The game scales decently with overclocking.

do like the way you guys run benchmarks, not sure about the overclocking, i know its to differentiate you guys from any reviewer out there, but i dont look at your benchmarks because its scewed, a reference 780 runs faster then a 780ti,(in most of your benchmarks) wich is stupid, just the reference 780 wins  the silicone lottery.

i dont look at your reviews, because i want the results that i get,(without overclocking, so right out of the box) not that you guys get. i do overclock cards, but i find the revieuw samples are almost always better then the cards people buy from the store. (sorry about the english it is not my native language)

I completely agree. I don't really look at reviewer benchmarks other than at release and for stock numbers because reviewers do not have the time to update them with newer drivers and overclocks vary from card to card and person to person.