Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oliver Michael

Bored with Pi

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've run out of ideas on what to do with my Raspberry Pi 3b+ and I have an unused Pi zero sitting around. Does anyone have any fun projects to do with these? I do have a 3d printer, so I can 3d print cases and pieces if needed.

RPI car stereo headunit with openauto (based on android).

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

RPI car stereo headunit with openauto (based on android).

I fi knew a thing about car modding I would throw one of these in my little Hyundai lmao

Installing a headunit is not that intimidating as you expect.

It's a challenging project.

You can also try home automation (openHAB).

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

-> Moved to Hobby Electronics

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, Oliver Michael said:

I've run out of ideas on what to do with my Raspberry Pi 3b+ and I have an unused Pi zero sitting around. Does anyone have any fun projects to do with these? I do have a 3d printer, so I can 3d print cases and pieces if needed.

One that I plan to do here shortly is to build a sound proof case for the upcoming ring drone camera thing. It seems like the best way to work the case would be with a tweet bot. Then I can have a Bixby Routine that sends a tweet that tells the bot to open the case, and probably also tells the ring drone camera thing to start patrolling.

In this way, I can finally have a smart, relatively inexpensive home security solution, and personal privacy.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

One that I plan to do here shortly is to build a sound proof case for the upcoming ring drone camera thing. It seems like the best way to work the case would be with a tweet bot. Then I can have a Bixby Routine that sends a tweet that tells the bot to open the case, and probably also tells the ring drone camera thing to start patrolling.

In this way, I can finally have a smart, relatively inexpensive home security solution, and personal privacy.

That's pretty smart I'll admit

there are lost of projects to do with a PI, i even sat here on a Pi typing this message.

RetroPi – Retro games emulator.
Pi-hole – A black hole for Internet advertisements.

and many more like a security camera, media server, the list goes on.