Rig Reboot waiting period

Oliver Michael
Go to solution Solved by lewdicrous,

They currently have to sift through at least 44 hours worth of videos, then they have to contact the winners, arrange the times, build/film, edit, get everything approved by the sponsor, then they can release the videos piece meal. All of this will take some time.

Winners are contacted through email, they do not publicly announce who won, everyone else will find out who they are when the videos are up.

If you are a participant, regularly check your email, including the spam folder.

I was curious how long the typical waiting period is between the last day of Rig Reboot submissions and when the winners are announced. Also, how can I be notified when that post is made? 

They currently have to sift through at least 44 hours worth of videos, then they have to contact the winners, arrange the times, build/film, edit, get everything approved by the sponsor, then they can release the videos piece meal. All of this will take some time.

Winners are contacted through email, they do not publicly announce who won, everyone else will find out who they are when the videos are up.

If you are a participant, regularly check your email, including the spam folder.

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:.

thanks

-everyone

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

OP you should make @lewdicrous response the answer for this.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

1 hour ago, lewdicrous said:

That makes sense, it is a lot of video. I know they announced the winners on the forum in 2018 but it seems that they didn't last year. Maybe that helps people getting angry because they didn't win in the forums.

1 hour ago, Oliver Michael said:

Maybe that helps people getting angry because they didn't win in the forums.

People will still get upset, for whatever reason. That's the unfortunate nature of giveaways. 

9 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

People will still get upset, for whatever reason. That's the unfortunate nature of giveaways. 

Yep. In some cases, I can see someone putting a lot of effort into their video, but not winning because of something like not adressing any of the requirements (i.e. What games do you want to play? or actually showing the rig) which in a sense can be very upsetting.

*** Thread locked ***

Please use the official competition thread for any discussion and questions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv