Internal storage moving files to SD card question

fade2black001

I am trying to free up space on my phone but when moving the files to SD card it does not free up space from  Internal storage. It seems like the only way to truly free up the space is to delete the app altogether. If I weere to do this it will delete the app from the SD card as well as from internal storage thus actually clearing up space. Why is that? This does not make sense to me. What would make sense is that once the app has been moved to external storage (SD) it would free up space from internal but this is far from the case. Is there something special that needs to be done? Or is it simply a design flaw that Google has yet to remedy?

are you moving, or copying.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

On apps? What it really moves is just the app itself, the app data that is taking up all the space on essentially every app stays on the internal storage as that can't be moved (due to the fact that it's a system directory). That's why basically nobody uses that feature as it is useless to move over the 20-30MB executable, yet have the 100+MB-1GB+ large app files still remain on the internal storage. Unless you have a Chinese phone (for example, my Huawei back then had the feature) that allows to store the entire app and app directories on the SD card, there is no way to get the large app data to come over.

That is just stupid. What is Google thinking? Is it possible to manually move it? Like use a PC to move it over?

I guess having an SD card is kind pointless if you can't do that.  Its like they do it on purpose so people will buy phones with bigger internal storage and get more money. I was dead wrong to think that I didn't need that much internal storage as I can just get an SD card and use that for apps and what not. Nope....