Poll: You've decided you're going to buy one of these RTX 3080s. Which do you buy?

Delicieuxz

You've decided you're going to buy one of these RTX 3080s. Which do you buy?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preference to buy?

• Gigabyte Eagle
    • Asus Tuf
    • EVGA XC3 (not Ultra or FTW3)
    • Zotac Trinity
    • MSI Ventus

4 minutes ago, LOST TALE said:

Asus uses 6 of the best

*60 of the best. (it's 10 smaller capacitors per slot)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

How come "nobody" talks about or none of big youtube tech reviewers review the Galax 3080? For example it's not even on the poll in this thread. And why did none of the other major AIB partners go with light up fans? Seems like all they mostly did was copy their 20 series card designs and made them fit the 30 series. And that push/pull booster fan looks neat too though it looks like it's going to hit a lot of people's RAM. But at least it's different.

1 hour ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

How come "nobody" talks about or none of big youtube tech reviewers review the Galax 3080?

Because they're a region specific AIB, not a global brand.

And why did none of the other major AIB partners go with light up fans?

Because that's an extra $50 for lower performance fans that wear out faster, and that people don't generally like as much unlit fans.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

2 hours ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

How come "nobody" talks about or none of big youtube tech reviewers review the Galax 3080? For example it's not even on the poll in this thread. And why did none of the other major AIB partners go with light up fans? Seems like all they mostly did was copy their 20 series card designs and made them fit the 30 series. And that push/pull booster fan looks neat too though it looks like it's going to hit a lot of people's RAM. But at least it's different.

Glow fans are dumb AF yo, these cards are also power suckers so I wouldn't want to get in the way of their need to feed on your wattage.

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

13 hours ago, VLONE said:

Founder's because it's the least ugly one. I really hate how board partners design their coolers nowadays, they're all so ugly and cheap looking with the excessive angles and rgb

The FE cards are absolutely beautiful, yes.

9 hours ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Glow fans are dumb AF yo, these cards are also power suckers so I wouldn't want to get in the way of their need to feed on your wattage.

If you say so. Seems like they don't have any problem selling. lol All of 3 of Corsair's LL fans cost more than all 9 of my Noctua fans and people buy those just fine. Because they are so dumb apparently.

9 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Because they're a region specific AIB, not a global brand.

Because that's an extra $50 for lower performance fans that wear out faster, and that people don't generally like as much unlit fans.

Really? Weird. I guess region specific doesn't occur to me anymore. 4 of the items I bought for the PC I built this summer came directly from Hong Kong to California. How hard is it to ship? Not hard at all.

How hard is it to ship? Not hard at all.

When shipping consumer products in bulk, it's far different than shipping individual items to a single person.

32 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

When shipping consumer products in bulk, it's far different than shipping individual items to a single person.

Then you pass the cost down to the consumer. It's cheaper to ship in bulk. It makes no sense not to be global in the world of airmail. Most if not all commercial air flights are hauling packages now days. I just looked it up again and commercial airlines are making 5-10% of their revenue hauling fright. The way I see it is the only reason that Galax couldn't sell to me here in Cali is because they've chosen not to. They are leaving money on the table for no good reason. Especially for an item people are currently paying waaaaay more than MSRP for right now.

4 minutes ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

Then you pass the cost down to the consumer. It's cheaper to ship in bulk.

It's also not easy to get licencing or USA specific ratings for your GPUs when you don't already have those ratings systems built into your supply chain. There's far more than just money that needs to be changed when selling in another country.

Well I just pre-ordered the non-OC Asus TUF.

The cheapest card I can buy(anything else was at least 80$ more expensive), competes with more expensive AIB's, in both performance and cooling, so what's not to like?

I've been a happy EVGA customer, but this time around I feel like Asus took the cake, maybe they listened to all the previous complaints and made adjustments?

5 hours ago, Exeon said:

Well I just pre-ordered the non-OC Asus TUF.

The cheapest card I can buy(anything else was at least 80$ more expensive), competes with more expensive AIB's, in both performance and cooling, so what's not to like?

I've been a happy EVGA customer, but this time around I feel like Asus took the cake, maybe they listened to all the previous complaints and made adjustments?

Who is accepting pre orders?

Was looking at EVGA but i settled again on another Gigabyte currently on a Gaming OC 5700XT going to a Aorus 3080. I know some people hate gigabyte but haven't really had issues. Long warranty too

Side note some of the scalper prices in the states is the same as our RETAIL price here $1450NZD for an Eagle card or $951USD including Tax

Dont get me started on 3090 prices $3k

6 hours ago, NadeMagnet69 said:

Who is accepting pre orders?

Locally, I'm from Belgium, the official retailers are allowing pre-orders, one of them had the TUF "dirt cheap" when compared to the rest of them.

No clue why, I hope my order doesn't get cancelled, but I assume I'll have to wait at least a month instead

I just happened to look through the images of the TUF 3080 on Newegg, and noticed there was a model with the 6 big SP Caps lol. Not to get out the tinfoil hat and all but did ASUS know and make last minute hardware changes? Makes me wonder if they had to ship all their cards back to the factory just before launch to get upgraded, and that's why launch supply is so terrible.

image.thumb.png.61161064a1f06e44d0293e681a2b50ba.png

The Rog Strix as Well:

image.thumb.png.a0837bbbf54ce126b0ad0fe6fe82ca52.png

FTW... I guess EVGA knew something too:

image.thumb.png.5f4edf9ea89ec703df848830ec71e770.png

Oh, and the MSI Ventus:

image.thumb.png.9f7e752d7389b725b6a4e535625f5833.png

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

1 hour ago, Exeon said:

Locally, I'm from Belgium, the official retailers are allowing pre-orders, one of them had the TUF "dirt cheap" when compared to the rest of them.

No clue why, I hope my order doesn't get cancelled, but I assume I'll have to wait at least a month instead

Same delay is about a month now but im ahead of that

@Briggsy

That's how my gigabyte 3080 eagle looks also.

I originally wanted a founders card or a FTW3 card. Couldn't get either of them, one drunken night on amazon and the gigabyte card showed in stock so I ordered it. So far the card has been great, no crashes or issues of any kind. From what I've seen so far these cards look like ryzen cpu's and are at their limits out of the box. I have seen people with all kinds of different 3080's having issues. I personally haven't and if I do I'll send it back to amazon.

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

6 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I just happened to look through the images of the TUF 3080 on Newegg, and noticed there was a model with the 6 big SP Caps lol. Not to get out the tinfoil hat and all but did ASUS know and make last minute hardware changes? Makes me wonder if they had to ship all their cards back to the factory just before launch to get upgraded, and that's why launch supply is so terrible.

The Rog Strix as Well:

FTW... I guess EVGA knew something too:

Oh, and the MSI Ventus:

EVGA made a public announcement that the cards they sent to reviewers had issues, they said it was POPSCAP related and the retail versions would be revised (Which they were)

I've never seen an ASUS TUF in the flesh without 6 MLCC's so maybe they did switch it around at the last minute as well.

However I believe the current issue isn't capacitor related, since they all have the issue, it is possible though that ZOTAC has an additional issue because of 6 cheap ones.

The question then becomes, was Zotac aware or not? Since many AIB's seem to have done revisions pre-launch I'm assuming they all had the same info, but maybe I'm presuming too much.

6 hours ago, natzzzy9119 said:

Same delay is about a month now but im ahead of that

If your in my boat where you have a functioning GPU waiting isn't that big of a deal.

I'm still on 1080p, so I don't mind, I wasn't planning to get a monitor till November.

6 minutes ago, Exeon said:

However I believe the current issue isn't capacitor related, since they all have the issue

It's because the cores are unstable above 1995MHz, and boost tables allow for exceeding that frequency if the temps and power limits allow it. (the ASUS and Founder cards appear to not allow it to go that high if kept at stock core offset)

7 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

It's because the cores are unstable above 1995MHz, and boost tables allow for exceeding that frequency if the temps and power limits allow it. (the ASUS and Founder cards appear to not allow it to go that high if kept at stock core offset)

The actual GPU cores get unstable?

Interesting, then I don't know if drivers can stabilize this.

Either way the advertised boost clock on all these cards is below 1995mhz, for non OC cards it's well below 1995mhz then I'm not entirely sure what the fuzz is about, for sure the afterburner progams should clock higher by default, but there aren't ever any guarantees with overclocking.

Might suck for some people, but this isn't going to affect me, I was even planning to underclock the card initially

Due to the current issue with the lower quality caps causing instability at high clocks, i'd go with the Asus Tuff, it uses a full array of 60 (6 x 10) MLCC, rather than the cheaper 6 POSCAPs.

That said, im personally waiting on AMD to launch and for Nvidia to have the full lineup on sale, so 3080ti included.

.The official Asus website shows the Tuff with 60 MLCC, however the retailers show 6 POSCAP. Chances are the retailers have old marketing material. If your concerned, contact the retailer.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |