How much should I overclock an i5 750

Hello everyone

Trough Bios settings alone I was able to get up to 4ghz without any issue whatsoever on this cpu, but I was wondering if it's worth it. 

Most people set it to 3,6 ghz and apparently after that there are diminished returns. Also I was worried about overheating, I want this board to last at least one more year, better if two. 

The purpose is gaming, of course. A friend with no money that has a core 2 duo and 4gb ddr2 system will benefit from this board until he can buy ryzen

GO AS HARD AS YOU CAN. As long as temps are fine your good.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

What voltage tho.... Too high voltage for a long time can kill a CPU.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

TO THE MOOOOOOOOON.

EDIT: in all seriousness though... I wouldn't try to push it too hard. The chip is old enough as is and you don't want to stress it more than need be. Stock will be better than that old C2D

Overclock as much as you can out of it? Its an old one, and its better to be safer than sorry. I wouldn't stress it out too much.

Thank you guys in the end and a couple of tests later I decided to settle 3,6 ghz even if the CPU was able to do more, just because it seemed the most stable option and thermals are good. 

The same games on another computer with an Athlon 3000G were able to perform a lot better although the latter is only a dual core, so I suggested him to buy asap an AM4 platform rather than upgrade the board I gave him 😊